The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

This is a BETA

We test the game!

but, if you ask me the devs will be testing the game this friday while they show us all the stuff we should of been playing by now.

Don't make a deadline if you can't meet it plain & simple.

This game is HARDLY Beta. Its as done as Hearthstone or any other "perma beta" games are, and it's only in Beta for the sake of being able to say "it's in Beta, that's why some things don't look done yet." These changes being added are new patches, new content, not fixes to old content - it's like expansions sets or DLC for other games. And I'd rather have my new content polished and ready than struggle with S#&$ty, game-breaking S#&$ that shouldn't have been launched in a game.

I'd rather wait for a good game than play Ride to Hell Retribution, and many other people feel the same. That's the long and the short of it.

Sheesh I thought I was mad... thanks for the perspective...NOne of your responses will change the outcome if it is not ready...not one single  bit. it is what it is....sorry u didn't think de was sorry enough....5 days left u13 might be released wends at noon if all goes well...hell Im playing NarutoUN3 ultimate pc edition, Strider, and Godhand...I am OooK...Forgot how awesome these games were for a little while...when the update comes I will be ready.... until then Im good Ill take the gifts...changed my mind too hell I'll watch the livestream too and see whats coming...

That hurt to read. Stop using "..."!

This game is HARDLY Beta. Its as done as Hearthstone or any other "perma beta" games are, and it's only in Beta for the sake of being able to say "it's in Beta, that's why some things don't look done yet." These changes being added are new patches, new content, not fixes to old content - it's like expansions sets or DLC for other games. And I'd rather have my new content polished and ready than struggle with S#&$ty, game-breaking S#&$ that shouldn't have been launched in a game.

I'd rather wait for a good game than play Ride to Hell Retribution, and many other people feel the same. That's the long and the short of it.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. If DE says the game is still in beta then the game is still in beta and any notions you have of why it doesn't really count as beta mean nothing because the idea of beta development has changed massively over the last year. Games can still be in beta whilst having a lot of content in them, because at the end of the day if the devs don't feel comfortable taking that beta tag off of their product then nobody else has the right to say a damn thing about that. There are certain expectations that come with a game being out of beta and if DE or any other development company don't feel that their game meets those expectations than that's the end of that discussion.

If people want DE to release content bugs and all in order for us to test it out then they need to stop trying to have their cake and eating it too.

I'll keep considering it as a beta until M2.0 comes out, after that, the game will have enough content on both gameplay and maps to be considered a full game.

This is a BETA

We test the game!

but, if you ask me the devs will be testing the game this friday while they show us all the stuff we should of been playing by now.

Don't make a deadline if you can't meet it plain & simple.

excepting the specific point that they didn't set a deadline.  If you want to be real specific about a release being "on time" we should be real specific about whether or not it was explicitly stated, which it was not.

It is a beta game, but it's an Open Beta  F2P which means you cannot release really rough, game breaking, or unfinished things into it, because regardless of how much you may protest you want it an incomplete release would be protested far more and far more vigorously than a delay, and you know it.

The argument here is because of personal desire and perceived inconvenience wrapped in noble concepts and attempt and high minded ideals more than any kind of solid legitimacy to the arguments. You aren't upset about a missed "deadline" for any reason more noble than you wanted in now not later.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

I'll keep considering it as a beta until M2.0 comes out, after that, the game will have enough content on both gameplay and maps to be considered a full game.

It will be a full game when Stealth 1.0 and Movement 2.0 comes out, ofcourse that's after Melee 7.0. XD 

Edited by Feallike

Wondering if we'll be getting a livestream tater on top of the apology tater today :|

excepting the specific point that they didn't set a deadline.  If you want to be real specific about a release being "on time" we should be real specific about whether or not it was explicitly stated, which it was not.

It is a beta game, but it's an Open Beta  F2P which means you cannot release really rough things into it, because regardless of how much you may protest an incomplete release would be protested far more and far more vigorously than a delay, and you know it.

The argument here is because of personal desire and perceived inconvenience more than any kind of solid legitimacy to the arguments.

It wasn't explicitly announced, but the teaser site + dev talk on twitter/forums/streams hinted at it and the devs have already said that they originally intended to release on Wednesday.

Edited by Aggh

Wondering if we'll be getting a livestream tater on top of the apology tater today :|

It wasn't explicitly announced, but the teaser site + dev talk on twitter/forums/streams hinted at it and the devs have already said that they originally intended to release on Wednesday.

Hinted, teased, and intent do not amount to a full commitment.  Which was wise on their parts for obvious reasons.   They have now stamped a date on it, they did so when they announced the delay.  We will see whether this was a mistake.

But none of this changes how out of proportion this has been blown.  IF U13 is as big as it seems to be, IF it gives us what we have asked for then it makes sense that is has taken as long as it has, and 7 additional days isn't going to kill anyone. It is just a video game, a fun and good one and one that needs alot of work, but it's not really worth getting as upset over it as some folks have been.

Hinted, teased, and intent do not amount to a full commitment.  Which was wise on their parts for obvious reasons.   They have now stamped a date on it, they did so when they announced the delay.  We will see whether this was a mistake.

But none of this changes how out of proportion this has been blown.  IF U13 is as big as it seems to be, IF it gives us what we have asked for then it makes sense that is has taken as long as it has, and 7 additional days isn't going to kill anyone. It is just a video game, a fun and good one and one that needs alot of work, but it';s not really worth getting this upset over.

7 days could kill you..... accident, get shot, get a quik killling disease :o

But none of this changes how out of proportion this has been blown.  IF U13 is as big as it seems to be, IF it gives us what we have asked for then it makes sense that is has taken as long as it has, and 7 additional days isn't going to kill anyone. It is just a video game, a fun and good one and one that needs alot of work, but it';s not really worth getting this upset over.

heart attack, trip on somethin

you could die in 7 days yes, if you wanna be pedantic about it, but a delayed warframe patch ain't gonna be what does it.  And if that is even a risk your priorities should probably be elsewhere... like medical science.

you could die in 7 days yes, if you wanna be pedantic about it, but a delayed warframe patch ain't gonna be what does it.  And if that is even a risk your priorities should probably be elsewhere... like medical science.

what if theres some1 out there who rlly loves warframe and when u13 delayed he got depressed and killed himself :o

what if theres some1 out there who rlly loves warframe and when u13 delayed he got depressed and killed himself :o

OK pedantry is the order of the day.

Well then, i will present an answer in the spirit of the question:  Then He/She probably needed to go, because there is likely very little in their lives to make them happy and they probably wouldn't have survived long on their own anyway.  If you feel this way then you should seek therapy for help not game forums to complain.  If you have a hard time telling the difference Allow me to help, game forums are those things on the internet you are polluting with pointless vitriol due to an accurate feeling you are not in control of the game itself, Therapists are trained people that actually want to help you not be mad and sad in the real world.

Then unfortunately life was too hard for this person. It was bound to happen...I blame Chevy Chase, math and the internet in that order/

This thread could be made into one hell of a series. With 5 seasons at least.

267 pages and i dont see that this will stop any time soon.

Game of Patches

tumblr_n3iofbOZBx1savzkco1_r1_1280.png

Edited by HK-A6A7

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. If DE says the game is still in beta then the game is still in beta and any notions you have of why it doesn't really count as beta mean nothing because the idea of beta development has changed massively over the last year. Games can still be in beta whilst having a lot of content in them, because at the end of the day if the devs don't feel comfortable taking that beta tag off of their product then nobody else has the right to say a damn thing about that. There are certain expectations that come with a game being out of beta and if DE or any other development company don't feel that their game meets those expectations than that's the end of that discussion.

If people want DE to release content bugs and all in order for us to test it out then they need to stop trying to have their cake and eating it too.

Did I just witness whiteknight infighting?

Dudes, you're agreeing, stop arguing with each other. Or don't, because I'm on the other side, laughing. Okay, maybe not.

Thing is, your argument is irrelevant to the situation at hand.

U13 is not a case of "delay for polishing". It's a case of last-minute F***-up that prevented all release altogether, buggy or not. At least that's what it sounds like.

The problem is that they're not telling us anything and let us speculate. And have arguments over beta states and the amount of bugs that is tolerable in a release.

And no, friday announcements are too late. When you set a deadline and you can't meet it, you tell people that you can't meet it and why BEFORE the deadline, not three days later.

Once again I have no problem with a delay, nor with buggy releases (as long as fixes follow, and with DE they usually do). But tell us that there is one and why, don't let us rage and simmer for days with nothing but "no update this week, have an apology potato".

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

It is a beta game, but it's an Open Beta  F2P which means you cannot release really rough, game breaking, or unfinished things into it, because regardless of how much you may protest you want it an incomplete release would be protested far more and far more vigorously than a delay, and you know it.

The argument here is because of personal desire and perceived inconvenience wrapped in noble concepts and attempt and high minded ideals more than any kind of solid legitimacy to the arguments. You aren't not about a missed "deadline" for any reason more noble than you wanted in now not later.

You know Beta means broken and not ready for release. This game still has some fundamental netcode and matchmaking issues that should not be in a full game regardless of the lack of an end game. Ever since companies started called demo's on consoles Betas people seem to think oh Beta means finished game now.

Since someone brought up blizzard, they always have Public Test Realms on their released games for major updates, so players who don't mind helping out can go and test things before it gets pushed to the live server.

De needs to decide if it's a Beta and just release the content so us beta testers can test it, Or if it's a full game, make a PTR so it can be pressure and bug tested before it goes live. If badlands really is in update 13 and they are going to drop it with no pressure or load testing, expect a lot of hotfixes next week.

OK pedantry is the order of the day.

Well then, i will present an answer in the spirit of the question:  Then He/She probably needed to go, because there is likely very little in their lives to make them happy and they probably wouldn't have survived long on their own anyway.  If you feel this way then you should seek therapy for help not game forums to complain.  If you have a hard time telling the difference Allow me to help, game forums are those things on the internet you are polluting with pointless vitriol due to an accurate feeling you are not in control of the game itself, Therapists are trained people that actually want to help you not be mad and sad in the real world.

lol just jokin.....im happy to wait for u13 id rather have perfect ninja then glitchy ninja

Edited by RadioActive998