The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

C'mon. Really?

Old-Blue

I think most of us have herd from time to time about how the warframes are armor basically. But I don't know about you all. But wearing a G-string and a braw has never really given a dude boobs or a booty. Just sayin. Why should the frames? Wouldn't you guys think its cool to play as different genders rather than the already there pre-sets? Thus enhancing immersion into the warframe universe. At least thats my opinion. Tell me what you guys think?

Edited by Seth425

I think most of us have herd from time to time about how the warframes are armor basically. But I don't know about you all. But wearing a G-string and a braw has never really given a dude boobs or a booty. Just sayin. Why should the frames? Wouldn't you guys think its cool to play as different genders rather than the already there pre-sets? Thus enhancing immersion into the warframe universe. At least thats my opinion. Tell me what you guys think?

Grammar problems aside, I completely agree. With the upcoming "Focus" system focusing on the Tenno instead of the Warframe, these pre-set genders of warframes seem a tad silly unless explained. It is not like we haven't seen Tenno in the flesh when we rescue them, so they have two sexes of Male and Female

It used to be like a thread a week but now its a thread a day. DE said they wouldn't do it.

They said most likely wouldn't...

that's not a definite no.

Double the work for no added value gameplay wise.

Cosmetic choices rarely have any gameplay value.

The question is whether it is important enough to enough people to increase the player base and/or player quality of life.

Find another game. Boom problem solved.

Extreme response. Chill out.

You don't play as one Tenno who changes Warframes. You change Character. Much like you do in most MMOs.

Was that officially stated? If so how does that connect to the upcoming "focus" system?

Alright, here we go again. 

Nyx, started as Fem Excal, however the devs realized... Why make two models for the same stats? Instead of two frames totally?! Thus Excalosis became Nyx. Much to many players rejoice and pleasure as indeed. Why the hell would ya? So many possible playstyles. 

Now the idea has been thrown around for two frames with a similar theme that are gender and (moderatley) playstyle altercated. But even if you balanced all of these frames.... Where would you put them? The same boss to double the RNG (Fem helm, Fem Systems, Male BP and Chassy sitting in your arsenal for example)?

It used to be like a thread a week but now its a thread a day. DE said they wouldn't do it.

This.  Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of these threads.  Please use the search function before making yet another one of these threads.

Moreover, each frame is a separate character.  It's like picking a different character in super smash or something.  Your Tenno is not sex-changing every time you swap frames, which, as I understand it, is the OP's issue.

I don't play female frames and I don't care to see unisex frames.

Why not?  Just curious.

Would someone who fits Saryn fit in to a Nova? 
No. 
It'd be the same thing with gender as body type, height and muscular density. Some Tenno are simply not meant to fit certain frames. 

Also, The Warframe physical fit has in some way a connection to the powers it is possible for a Tenno to manifest. Even if someone who could fit one frame could squeeze in to another, that frame would probably not be compatible with the abilities they could manifest.

Find another game. Boom problem solved.

u know whats a good idea ?

actually putting what your talking about in the subject of your thread

instead of some random cryptic statement

so we dont waste time clicking on it

e8qtm9.jpg

Got you to click it right?

Double the work for no added value gameplay wise.

Add inmersion. Some play don't like playing girls because, well, they are guys and feel identified with guys. Some people look up to their character as a personification of themselves. It's also not double the work since most animations are similar to each other like punch the ground, grab from the floor and such. It's only the model that is a big issue. But hey, they're doing double the models if you include primes anyway. 

Some people are okay with it, some are not. But if the option existed then it wouldn't harm the people who are okay with how it's now, unless they have a fetish of sorts with forcing male into playing female characters. 

Some (many) people play the game casually, to have fun, feel the game and not just play because play. Perhaps one of the reasons why this thread pops up so much despite having a clear answer. 

Ever since I saw that female Ash concept, I thought the idea of "gender skins" would be interesting.

Agreed. It doesn't need to be a completely separate frame, just a cosmetic that players could drop platinum on if they so desired.

I think it should be an option abiadable once you get the frame. Why do i have to pay plat just because i dont want to play as a female but still want to play Ember. As many have said it would help whit immersion, whit the feeling that you are in the warframe and its not just some puppet.

I personally feel weird when playing as a female, it just feels weird but i cant help it cause most of the female frames are the most interresting in gameplay and concept and the male frames im interrested in are almost unreachable (Vauban....).

KEY Word: Option, If you wanna play as a female fine by me, i do it in some games, but if im suposed to feel that I am the one inside the frame at least i should be able to change their genders. And not paying plat for it plz.

Again with this... seriously? Okay, then to those who somehow see this gender thing as a problem, consider things like this, maybe it will "help" :

You're not supposed to BE the frame. The frame is an EXTENSION of the Tenno, NOT the Tenno. Think of it as a tank. You're the pilot. The tank doesn't need a big ostensible penis-like cannon to make you feel like a man, right? The frame is physical extension of your will, not you. Better? Or you could consider it a proxy, maybe?

Another thing that you might consider... You have a problem with female frames. Okay, sure, why not, not judging or anything. But, what about the female players then? Do you see them making thread after thread complaining that their favourite frame is male and should be female too for them? Don't get me wrong, there most certainly are female players who don't like "male" frames and would like to play ONLY female frames. But apparently they feel secure enough in their femininity to not bother with this. Why can't you guys do the same? Again, not judging, I'm just genuinely curious. Do you really need that much a group of pixels to look like a male to enjoy playing the game?^^'

'Frames are characters, not avatars. I understand OP's opinion and honestly used to avoid playing female characters a while ago too. I personally got over it, but I'm not going to tell OP to do the same.

Just like in, say, Street Fighter, if you don't like playing female characters, pick someone else. It limits your options, yeah, but it makes a lot more sense than asking DE to make, what, a dozen or so new models as well as make newer frames take even longer to come out because of the additional work?

Again with this... seriously? Okay, then to those who somehow see this gender thing as a problem, consider things like this, maybe it will "help" :

You're not supposed to BE the frame. The frame is an EXTENSION of the Tenno, NOT the Tenno. Think of it as a tank. You're the pilot. The tank doesn't need a big ostensible penis-like cannon to make you feel like a man, right? The frame is physical extension of your will, not you. Better? Or you could consider it a proxy, maybe?

Another thing that you might consider... You have a problem with female frames. Okay, sure, why not, not judging or anything. But, what about the female players then? Do you see them making thread after thread complaining that their favourite frame is male and should be female too for them? Don't get me wrong, there most certainly are female players who don't like "male" frames and would like to play ONLY female frames. But apparently they feel secure enough in their femininity to not bother with this. Why can't you guys do the same? Again, not judging, I'm just genuinely curious. Do you really need that much a group of pixels to look like a male to enjoy playing the game?^^'

Yes I do. Simple as that. Its not like they would have to give it out for free or anything. Mostly all the cosmetic stuff has to be bought for plat any ways. The gender swaping would fall under that catagory. Plus a lot of the stuff regarding what you think a teno is, is mostly conjecture any ways.

A reoccurring theme in mqny comments arguing for this boils down to "but I don't want to play as a girl!"

Anybody with said opinion deserve to have their potential game play cut in half, to match their worldview.

A reoccurring theme in mqny comments arguing for this boils down to "but I don't want to play as a girl!"

Anybody with said opinion deserve to have their potential game play cut in half, to match their worldview.

Its not really about "world veiws" or anything of that nature. Its more about having a little bit more "freedom of choice" when it comes to gaming. Anyways. DE probably has far more grand things in store. Honestly I would like it if they just got some sleep. They are lookin pretty ragged now a days.