Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Party Health Tabs - On/off, New Layout, Etc.

zelgaris

This is easily one of the most annoying things in the game that repeatedly &!$$es me off. Not only is it easy as hell to design a much better UI than what there is but there are some really stupid mistakes. Most have been covered but one that annoys me and seems to be a totally amatuer mistake is how the boss/Lotus chat window is in the exact same spot as the squad information.

While we are at it,how about skills duration bar at the bottom.

so instead of judging roughly how long your skill last,you have a bar at the bottom of your hud that goes something like this >----<.

So when the 2 arrows meet,your skill is over. I find this to be a rather cool solution as a ash and loki user,so i know how much time my smoke bombs can last so that i can dps or GTFO if things get too hot

While we are at it,how about skills duration bar at the bottom.

so instead of judging roughly how long your skill last,you have a bar at the bottom of your hud that goes something like this >----<.

So when the 2 arrows meet,your skill is over. I find this to be a rather cool solution as a ash and loki user,so i know how much time my smoke bombs can last so that i can dps or GTFO if things get too hot

Good idea.

Trinitys Link, Rihnos Iron skin, Excaliburs Radial blind, Nyx Mind controll... aso. There are lots of skills that could benefit from a timer.

Still, this might make the game "to easy" in some peoples mind.

This together with lootradar and enemy sense in one mod could be acceptable for me, although I vote for "free hud-info".

Like someone else said, I've seen this request elsewhere and it's not a bad idea, but ...

In my opinion, asking for end-user modifiable UI is always a better option than asking the devs to improve UI.

It's indeed a better option for us, but hard to say, how complicated is implementation for devs.

Also, even in case there is a fully customizable HUD/UI/GUI, the default one should still be useful. Right now, Trinity players are really in disadvantage and have to stop all the time to check the health and even then, there is just a red line with no number, which is problem in a game, where each character has different amount of health.

• 4 weeks later...

I was searching the forums and came upon this brilliant thread pertaining to skills and having a visual timer for said skills like Iron Skin, Radial Blind, etc. Even though this thread is somewhat old, I really support this idea as this will make gameplay more fluid. Speaking for myself, when I'm knee deep in a cesspool of infested, the visual effects can get pretty hectic, and enemy bodies like Ancients block out my warframe so it's difficult for me to see if my Iron Skin is still up. It also never fails that an Ancient Disruptor just happens to be there as I fail to notice that my Iron Skin has been down 1 or 2 seconds after the fact. lol

+69 to these great ideas, and I sincerely hope that the folks at DE can implement the skill timer suggestion as it will make gameplay more fluid as opposed to a player mashing their 1, 2, 3, or 4 buttons in the hopes of getting that skill off in a clutch situation.

I was going to make a new topic but i guess someone had the same idea.

Sometimes support roles are hard as you have to aim to the squadmate and then look to the top of the screen, they are way far off and the colors used for the bars are way to dark for a quick look.

The idea is great, beeing an old phantasy star online player i would suggest something similar to that game.

Altough not visible in this screenshot, everytime someone get's hit, a red bar defines how much hp you or someone lost, also the UI of the squadmate will shake slightly, so it warns everyone that the user got damaged, on warframe maybe that would be a good idea if health was damaged, because shields get damaged all the time.

As another sugestion, add a UI multiplier in the options, something like 1x, 1.25x or 1.5x so ppl can define how big the UI is

k1w7hk2r.jpg

Edited by KIREEKPSO

To the original post:

YES!

I would love to be able to see health and energy of my party members.

(Maybe a pair of small percentages to see their ammo counter too?)

For example:

Trinity 30

HP: 693

POW: 103

Ammo: 72%/100%

To the original post:

YES!

I would love to be able to see health and energy of my party members.

(Maybe a pair of small percentages to see their ammo counter too?)

For example:

Trinity 30

HP: 693

POW: 103

Ammo: 72%/100%

Just to clarify ammo: 72% = main weapon, 100% = secondary? 

Already asked for in Pressing Z To View Party's Health

Main problem is, we cannot move when holding Z key. And even when you allow us doing so, the layout for these information isn't that good (but could be usable).

So:

1) Allow us to move when showing us party health tabs

2) Allow ON/OFF behavior, rather than hold key

3) (really optionable) Change the layout of party health tabs (see below)

This is what we have

wf-zkey-origin.jpg

And this is, what we could possibly have (it's just a simple concept made in few minutes, needs a bit of polish)

v1

wf-coop-tab-v1.jpg

v2 - As you can see, this would require moving the information about found resources somewhere else - and that's intentional, because we have the right side, where picked up mods appears for this info. Or personally, I would put it in some kind of "chat windows", so I can see the history of what I picked up.

wf-coop-tab-v2.jpg

61wSvbj.jpg

A pickups history would be nice, or at least removing the ammo/health/energy full prompts, they are useless and annoying when you are looking for something in particular.

My ideal fix for this would be to put all energy/health/affinity pickup notifications below your health bar, all ammunition notifications above your weapon, and all credit and resource notifications in their present location.

A killfeed with your kills in blue (and ally kills in grey) on the top left would also be nice. Kills would display as "Enemy name + X" Where instead of cluttering the list with new entries each successive kill of an enemy of the same type would add one to whatever value "X" is.

Edited by Lumireaver

I posted questions (pertaining to the UI) in the hopes that DERebecca would select them for the Twitch Livestream #5 on May 8, but unfortunately, other hot topics were brought up.

The UI and having a smoother interface with optional on/off toggles like party bars as well as many, many other suggestions posted in this thread will hopefully be addressed.  I just hope refinements to the UI will be sooner rather than later, but eh, I'm a patient guy with a lot of alcohol and special brownies so it's all good.