The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Obssessed With Prime Warframes?

kscott190

I'm the opposite. I loathe the prime variants. I find gold gaudy and thoroughly unattractive on several levels. I got a 'Calibur Prime I have to FORCE myself to level from time to time and can only deal with it for an hour, tops before I swap out. Now were there options for the primes to alter that gold color to silver, chrome, platinum or onyx, i'd be all over them. They just don't go with my chosen color scheme of Black & Red.

Playing hipster is so mainstream. Lrn2relax.

Edited by Legion-Shields

Swag

Mastery

Extra polarities=saved forma

Void benefits

Did I mention the bling?

Saved forma lol.  That's the last thing people are worrying about if they're grinding for prime gear.  Anyone that has spent a decent time grinding for prime stuff has S#&$ tons of forma :|

Edited by Aggh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, can you get more mastery with a prime if you've already reached rank 30 with it's non-prime counterpart...?

Yes, same with Vandal, Wraith and Dex weapons. They're considered to be separate weapons by the game.

They are shiny.

They also have extra polarities (except for Ember Prime... still can't believe they messed that up), which makes them more powerful.

Also, they're shiny.

They didn't mess that up.   People were complaining about how Prime's have useless polarities and/or the wrong polarities.   So they didn't give her any.   Then people complained that she needed polarities because she is a Prime.

I sat in this forum and READ this happen.   People complained about Excal Prime's polarities also..........

• 1 month later...

I want Ember prime because I am a sad pathetic lonely little man and that model is very sexy. Also Ember prime is rather cheap and I'm only missing one piece of her.  As for the rest of the primes, I can't care less about them right now. Too expensive and I generally find Clan Tech weaponry more fun. Just my style and preference. Swag/Bling means little to me when I'm trying to collect and master everything in the game @w@

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with Primes, just that I have to catch them ALL.

But srsly, I rock Mag Prime simply because she was the next step up from Mag.  I got the extra Mastery Points as well as the Void/Derelict bonuses.  Gold trim isn't a thing for me, I run with the stock Mag helmet and use the Immortal skin.  The golden thigh bits and shoulder pads are a nice contrast though...

It's not exactly like there a big improvement over the originals, other than rhion Prime they offer nothing but a fancy looking skin which should just be available in the market

The best answer is ....

91997-I-love-gold-gif-Goldmember-Mik-o3X

Warframe players are all about platinum&gold. :)