Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[14-04-02 - Orokin Sentry Addded]Orokin Emblem Symbolism. What Do You See?

arch111

Hi all!

I am a Lore nut on these forums and just now I realized there is a Orokin Emblem. This was a WOW moment for me, and I started comparing it to Lotus Emblem.

At first I saw nothing, so I put Lotus over Orokin.
They lined up just fine.

Then I noticed what looked like a Crown.
After that I saw the head, with the tilted eyes and curved horns.

Totally not serious.
Then my imagination began running WILD. Lol. The orokin wore golden warframes with curved evil demonic appearance, six arms or wings could make them robotic, or alien, or cybernetic humans.

Or my mind are finally seeing things that arent really there.

I do however wonder about it´s meaning. If we look at Lotus she does in fact wear a headdress resembling the very Emblem the Tenno wear. There is no misstaking it.

So now I wonder if DE put some thought behind the symbols they place in their world beyond pure "This looks cool!".

Apologies all around if I am completely misstaken and this is just me wanting to find more Lore in the game. Wich I do. Badly.

Perhaps it is in fact the mark of the Neural Sentry, who for all apparent reasons seem to rule the Orokin Empire in their absense, by using its enemies as soldiers.

But what if the Sentry have a body, and we will at one point meet it a a Boss?

orokin_neuralsentry_wip_by_gaber111-d7cq

What do you see?

orokin_lotus_crazytheory_by_gaber111-d7c

Edited by arch111

Well, given how much symbolism lies in the Lotus flower, and DE's fondness for using names from legend, obviously I wanted to find some clue about the Gold and cold Emperors.

Of course they were not demons, but the symbols are interesting.

if not Lotus, what does it stand for I wonder.

Cleared the Emblem from all distractions.

Now, to be perfectly clear. I made this post in hopes of others actually could come up with some ideas behind why the Orokin choose this particular symbolism.

I tried my best at reasoning the symbolism.

Crown. Stands for rule, royalty, supremacy.

Horned head. Implies dominance and danger.

Wings. This is a stretch I admit, but they seem so different from the Lotus flower, and wings fit if you consider the Seraphim. They were the burning ones who stood closest to the Divine. In other words, the Orokin Emperors viewed themselves as higher beings.

We know they ruled an Empire, they were very advanced both in weaponry, cloning and DNA Engineering.

The Stalker depicts them as "Gold and Cold", and the Tenno prior the massacre as stoic and silent.

All this points to cruel and arrogant tyrants, celebrating Logic and Reason above Emotion and Compassion. Roman emperors once thought themselves gods, so did many other kings and queens in our history. It would not be the first time DE has borrowed from the past.

Anyway, here is the picture and though popular opinion here said otherwise, completely drug-free ;) That rubedo dust though ...

orokin_emblem_meanings_by_gaber111-d7c5m

Edited by arch111

Cleared the Emblem from all distractions.

Now, to be perfectly clear. I made this post in hopes of others actually could come up with some ideas behind why the Orokin choose this particular symbolism.

I tried my best at reasoning the symbolism.

Crown. Stands for rule, royalty, supremacy.

Horned head. Implies dominance and danger.

Wings. This is a stretch I admit, but they seem so different from the Lotus flower, and wings fit if you consider the Seraphim. They were the burning ones who stood closest to the Divine. In other words, the Orokin Emperors viewed themselves as higher beings.

We know they ruled an Empire, they were very advanced both in weaponry, cloning and DNA Engineering.

The Stalker depicts them as "Gold and Cold", and the Tenno prior the massacre as stoic and silent.

All this points to cruel and arrogant tyrants, celebrating Logic and Reason above Emotion and Compassion. Roman emperors once thought themselves gods, so did many other kings and queens in our history. It would not be the first time DE has borrowed from the past.

Anyway, here is the picture and though popular opinion here said otherwise, completely drug-free ;) That rubedo dust though ...

orokin_emblem_meanings_by_gaber111-d7c5m

*injects seven rubedos*

I am really disturbed by the fact that so many people claim to have spent so long in the Void looking for parts and so few realise the whole architecture of the Void rooms is dedicated to the Lotus flower. The goddamned traps are buds waiting to burst open, quite literaly, there are so many open flowers with their golden petals wide open that if you hadnt realised it after a coupld visits to the Void, you should really get off Warframe for a couple months and do some reading and art sighseeing.

Just read it and it did sound like my post was directed at one or more forumers in this thread, which is not the case.

File:OrokinEmblem.png

Original image in wiki.

Yes, the Lotus petals are everywhere in Void, but it differs from that on Tenno.

Primes allso lack the Lotus emblem.

For Mythos fans, let me share Lotus lore.

The six stages and colors of the Lotus is the path to Enlightenment.

It starts in mud, struggles uppward.

Basically it is the parts of a human soul.

White compassion

Red spirit

Blue knowledge

Purple mysticism

It ends in Gold, the color of perfection.

Now Gold apply pretty well to Orokin, and Primes.

Perfected and above the rest.

The description cold and stoic, meaning devoid of feelings.

Kind of like Elves or Vulcans.

The fact Lotus is Purple has me wondering if there was actually five of them,

perhaps with different functions in the old War.

This assumes Lotus is AI, clone or both.