The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

Cthulhuframe(because I refuse to call him "Hydroid") really seems a bit...overinflated? His shoulder pads and thighs/pants seem excessively big and make the entire frame look awkward. It's like the exact opposite problem that Oberon and Necros have.

Well..there are Japanese pirates called "Wokou" although they are less known compared to the traditional pirates. 

Anyways, a pirate themed frame is good because it fits our clan emblem

3k9dVZ9.jpg

Damn you guys are lucky... Now we just need a cool frontline warframe that looks, and works better than Rhino, Nekros, Oberon and Vauban combined as our rep Warframe D:

Edited by Arlayn

Hydroid Name Seriously?

Wasn't there a better name like Cthulhu or Leviathan. 

and when in chat everyone was saying they don't like the name scott still refused to change the name. Seriously Man

Can't really use Cthulhu I believe that name is owned by the Lovecraft circle currently which keep watch over the continuity of Lovecraft related works.

edit: actually its more like either Barlow, August, or someone else, but who knows the exact details...

Edited by Arlayn

Can't really use Cthulhu I believe that name is owned by the Lovecraft circle currently which keep watch over the continuity of Lovecraft related works.

Isn't most of Lovecraft's stuff fair use? There are a bunch of writers that contribute to the Mythos

Laviathan isn't copyrighted, Kraken isn't copyrighted. in fact, alot of the names peoplehave come up with are either original or seamonsters of legend (wich can't be copyrighted as that didn't exist when those legends were first told)

Laviathan isn't copyrighted, Kraken isn't copyrighted. in fact, alot of the names peoplehave come up with are either original or seamonsters of legend (wich can't be copyrighted as that didn't exist when those legends were first told)

didn't bring up those creatures now did I?

But the thing with Lovecraft work is that it came after 1923. Since 1923, and before is free game. The Lovecraft stuff is just a tad bit odd with copyrights.

Edited by Arlayn

didn't bring up those creatures now did I?

But the thing with Lovecraft work is that it came after 1923. Since 1923, and before is free game. The Lovecraft stuff is just a tad bit odd with copyrights.

i do agree that calling it chthulu would probably not be a smart idea, even if it was legal. it would probably upset some Lovecraftians