Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Testing Dummies.

ObviousLee

lets be realistic

spawning a whole map not likely.

being able to choose faction enemy, and enemy level... quite possible.

A one room firing range that doesnt change locations like a holodeck... also possible.

while it would be verymuch badass, the idea must be kept within the confines of what the engine, our devs, and what mynki's permissions microchip is capable of.

anyhow.. then we must discuss locker rooms to change our weapons (arsenals in the dojo, not actual locker rooms silly).. are you forced to leave/reload every time you wanna change something? can everyone just try anything, with all weapons/mods available?

also... is it for strictly build testing, or is it also capable of target practice?

this idea opens up a can of worms that i think would intimidate the devs away from implementing anytime 'soon'

realistically, you heard Map, i conceived "defense map" as the set sizes for enemy room testing ranges.

Choosing the enemy and etc. details shouldnt be a question.

I disagree with a firing range dedicated room. I'd prefer a danger room that tenno can  design then upload for other tenno to use.

Mastery Rank and difficulty determines what you have access to whereas you can tag along with other tenno to get access to higher level training room loadouts.

This would keep the PVE/teamwork spirit going while adding some extra content.

Being pragmatic is certainly important; However, we shoudn't limit design from the beginning unless there's an intimate awareness of how the dev's would execute this.

Our best bet would be to reinforce the basics of what we'd like.

I.e. a training room a la X-Men aka Danger room.

For sponsored gamers this is so invaluable that its slightly annoying that its been missing all the way ot this point.

If you wanted to test a warframe's mobility you ended up going to a large tileset defense mission in hopes of getting decent data.

In some cases there is truly no other way except to go face enemies  and get the info before they die or you die from testing efficiency of loadouts and skills.

This doesnt seem too far out of the scope of the Dev's capabilities if you consider the following.

One chooses a warframe after completing some introductory tests. (room is similar to what we're requesting)

The dojo Obstacle course. (Large enough for a group to go at it)

Seeing as what were asking for is but an advanced mixture of those 2 elements It doesnt seem like much of a request aside from its absence.

A closer reflection would be the rank 8 mastery test which i believe was stealth?

Long and short we all defintey want a proper training room where we can stress test our warframes and weapons to be effective in-game.

. I'd prefer a danger room that tenno can  design then upload for other tenno to use.

SO much yes! i hadn't even considered that. that gives way to UGC without the dev's actually having to do a boatload of work.

a rating system would also benefit, so as to set a standard for design features in regards to player created content, and also, give a massive boost to the dev's being able to sift through interesting concepts that are not typed out on forums, but demonstrated through video.

we would be able to test many mroe things, in a much broader scale. LOVE IT

The simplest (and most useful) to implement would be just a dmg dummy like in Dungeon Defenders. In the gear room they had a dmg dummy that you could test out the dps of all your traps/weapons/abilities. It didn't move, it didn't scale; it only did ONE thing: show dmg numbers when hit. For a game that relies heavily on mods and different combination of said mods, this would be the most logical addition. 

All I want is be able to see exactly how much dmg my dex is doing per second or how much my latron is crit'ing without having to worry about targets moving, completing objective with underpowered weapons, or keeping all other variables constant.

TL;DR. Only add a dmg counter dummy to dojo.

The simplest (and most useful) to implement would be just a dmg dummy like in Dungeon Defenders. In the gear room they had a dmg dummy that you could test out the dps of all your traps/weapons/abilities. It didn't move, it didn't scale; it only did ONE thing: show dmg numbers when hit. For a game that relies heavily on mods and different combination of said mods, this would be the most logical addition. 

All I want is be able to see exactly how much dmg my dex is doing per second or how much my latron is crit'ing without having to worry about targets moving, completing objective with underpowered weapons, or keeping all other variables constant.

TL;DR. Only add a dmg counter dummy to dojo.

unfortunately, this is not dungeon defenders, and the enemies make leaps and bounds between levels. therefore, being able to scale the enemies to see what our weapons/abilities can do against high scaled enemies, is kind of important.

remember: simple and/or easy does not equal right or correct.

Edited by ObviousLee

I like this idea, but it's too convenient and useful for players and thus i have no hopes something like that will ever be added.

lol i really wish i could argue this thought process, but these days it seems to ring all too true

Clan training affinity reward.
Upon completion of group training from another clans loadout
Smaller affinity boosters are distributed to all participants. (Time-limited redemption period of 1 week from successful delivery)
Whereas the clan who has the best designs get rewards too.

This way if you dont have an overpowered pc rig or for some reason you dont like training directly you can still benefit indirectly.

Gives people a sense of what they're up against reason to improve and or join larger clans instead of just soloing this game and getting bored quickly.

This would promote clans in the sense that you level your characters quicker but than a solo artist.
This should reinforce the whole ninja play free, not SOLO ninja go ham.

So to summarize my point
I want to be able to gain affinity from the danger room when i participate with 3+ people or complete other danger rooms.
Would be a nice gift after getting kicked in the teeth with Electric lights, Broken Lights and near undetectable arc traps.

Clan training affinity reward.

Upon completion of group training from another clans loadout

Smaller affinity boosters are distributed to all participants. (Time-limited redemption period of 1 week from successful delivery)

Whereas the clan who has the best designs get rewards too.

This way if you dont have an overpowered pc rig or for some reason you dont like training directly you can still benefit indirectly.

Gives people a sense of what they're up against reason to improve and or join larger clans instead of just soloing this game and getting bored quickly.

This would promote clans in the sense that you level your characters quicker but than a solo artist.

This should reinforce the whole ninja play free, not SOLO ninja go ham.

So to summarize my point

I want to be able to gain affinity from the danger room when i participate with 3+ people or complete other danger rooms.

Would be a nice gift after getting kicked in the teeth with Electric lights, Broken Lights and near undetectable arc traps.

how much affinity are we talking here? because if one could just level everythingt before ever stepping into the actual game, i could see it presenting a problem.

how much affinity are we talking here? because if one could just level everythingt before ever stepping into the actual game, i could see it presenting a problem.

i meant affinity boosters not raw affinity and im trying to avoid a timeline why else would their be a claim/redemption timeline.

Try not to worry about the fine details we wont have nearly as much input on that as opposed t a larger system or the type of rewards offered.

i meant affinity boosters not raw affinity and im trying to avoid a timeline why else would their be a claim/redemption timeline.

Try not to worry about the fine details we wont have nearly as much input on that as opposed t a larger system or the type of rewards offered.

fair enough good sir. i do love the upload for others to use concept though. its @(*()$ genius.

we can only hope it gets pushed through.

it makes sense. and holy heaven do mmo's need an active training area so badly outside of the 3 minute buzz tutorial and choose a warfarme you know nothing about or die.
Oh brainstorm.

What if they added backstory to the personalship/training area and you get more story per mastery rank?
Lotus is nice but would be cool to have Tenno trained by tenno and get some backstory/agenda,
For example; from attacking certain nodes on planets in a preferred order to unlock content.

But again i want to reinforce that what we want is a user-[customizable] "Danger room" 

i honestly think danger room might be the best way to go. especially with an ability to upload ugc to the masses. but adding lore to it? sounds tasty as all hell. but i feel as you mentioned, user customization should remain at the forefront: we attain information that either requires copious amounts of time and effort to achieve, or might not be accurate based off of a possible miscalculation that gives poor and incorrect data.

give us a slightly easy route for testing purposes. dont punish us for seeking info. LETS GET IT DE.

Edited by ObviousLee

i honestly see no reason for them to loose confidence in regards to a rather simple and easy to implement game mode.

Thats how melee 2.0 started out as then user expectations skyrocketed and they felt this need to deliver every nuance accordingly so now im expecting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 badassery.

Back on topic getting access to the danger room wouldnt it be nice if we could see replays from other users of how to tackle a stage. >_>

Just saying time attack ... then add a few offsets for lower specced systems and voila. more content.

Thats how melee 2.0 started out as then user expectations skyrocketed and they felt this need to deliver every nuance accordingly so now im expecting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 badassery.

Back on topic getting access to the danger room wouldnt it be nice if we could see replays from other users of how to tackle a stage. >_>

Just saying time attack ... then add a few offsets for lower specced systems and voila. more content.

not only more content, content that gives crucial information without punishing players by forcing them to play unto eternity.

• 2 months later...