Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, If You're Gonna Be Working On Sword & Board...

Naugus

... how about making a tower shield and Magistar combo as well? If you wanna feel like a paladin, nothing beats having an impenetrable defense and crushing offense. It would be perfect for Oberon (or my Rhino)!

I'd rather dual wield shields.

Yeah, wielding just a shield as your weapon is damn cool already (lookin' at you, KH Goofy), but dual wielding shields is just bad-&#!.

But yeah, I wanted it like this the second I heard the Magistar was coming out, for it to be a powerful, one-handed weapon, instead of the silly, over-sized club that they released.

Would love to see something like this come out, as an Impact equivalent to the sword and board.

... how about making a tower shield and Magistar combo as well? If you wanna feel like a paladin, nothing beats having an impenetrable defense and crushing offense. It would be perfect for Oberon (or my Rhino)!

Always enjoyed the idea proposed about adding a shield to the game. Using it in this sense, just feels right; especially when you pair it with a Warframe that probably should have it.

I'd rather dual wield shields.

a pair of arm-mounted ether shields maybe? make em compact and somewhat hidden when not in use?

I requested them give us the grieneer shield in the labs but everyone shot me down over and over at the time >_< I still want it

a tenno take on that shield would be awesome, but the shield by itself seems a bit dull. pair THAT with the Magistar and you could rule the battlefield! >:D

Yeah, wielding just a shield as your weapon is damn cool already (lookin' at you, KH Goofy), but dual wielding shields is just bad-&amp;#&#33;.

<SNIP>

This game needs a Dark Souls makeover! Shield to the face for EVERYONE! =D

IMO there should be two "styles" for shields.

1.)   Light shields are paired with a melee weapon. They allow you to complete block enemy melee strikes, and offer moderate protection from bullets.  They can be raised quickly and slow you down by about half speed while you are blocking.

2.) Heavy shields are paired with a sidearm.  They allow you to completely block all attacks from the direction you are facing, while shooting with your pistol over the top of it. The heavy shield is slow to deploy, you are slowed 20% just by having the heavy shield ready, and are completely immobilized while set up and blocking with it.