Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Uh... Show Of Hands?

Triburos

Just curious; who here tends to use whatever weapons they feel like using, regardless of damage type or faction, just switching out elemental mods depending on the faction?

I've noticed that I am quite dense and just like using the same few weapons, against pretty much everything. I know it's not the most effective or smart thing to do, but I tend to do it just because the weapons that I use tend to be my favorite ones, rather than switching to a weapon with a higher damage type that's weak against most of a certain faction. For example; most of my weapony that I just tend to like to use by default are great against Grineer. But say I do a corpus mission. Rather than switching these weapons out, I just say; "Hm, so this is a corpus missions... REMOVE OTHER ELEMENTS AND THROW ELECTRIC AND ICE ON IT!"

I was just curious who does the same thing. Hopefully SOMEONE out there, because otherwise I'll feel like a tool.

typically I build a weapon to be useful against all three factions as best I can instead of having certain weapons for certain factions so your not the only one

in fact im working on making my detron do radiation magnetic and gas damage all at the same time

Edited by Omega224

I tend to use sidearms and melee weapons that have an innate advantage against the foe I'm facing.

For example: Facing Corpus? Bring the kogake and the marelok.

Facing Grineer? Bring Despair and FangP.

I don't really bother with the primary other than change the mods about.

I'm a tool i do that too.

But who cares.

if we did what others thought and acted. The forums would be one giant huge hate engine.

Wait let me rephrase that. The forums would be one giant huge hate engine 9 times larger then it is already.

Good to see I'm not crazy.

I brought this up because I ran into someone about 10 minutes ago, questioning why I was using a Boltor against Corpus rather than something like a Synapse, and that's when this whole thing struck me that I wasn't min-maxing.

Good to see I'm not crazy.

I brought this up because I ran into someone about 10 minutes ago, questioning why I was using a Boltor against Corpus rather than something like a Synapse, and that's when this whole thing struck me that I wasn't min-maxing.

I use the synapse mainly against grineer and void xD

The corrosive damage is easy to get to with that gun.

I use weapons that are good on certain faction, but when I do get bored I use any weapon as long as it fits my warframe loadout regardless whether its the best weapon for that faction or not. I personally like using old school favorite weapons and mixing them with the newer more OP ones but yeah having a selection of 115 weapons to choose from when your facing threats of this universe is fun allows you to mix and match and keep all your favorites along with the general weapons per factions and the god tier weapons :)

Same here, I often level weapons then sell them off if i dont find them enjoyable to use. When it comes to actual factions I tend to just stick the right elementals on it. That said i generally find myself bringing synapse to void.

I leave my Grineer weapons set up for just fire damage and use them on Ember Prime (Accelerant). If I'm doing low level missions sometimes I'll just grab them for use on whatever frame I'm playing without altering them. Since they're pure fire setups they have room for extra utility like reload speed and they do plenty of damage for mid-low levels.

That's what I do.

Been called out for using a Paris Prime against corpus. "Hey puncture sux against corpus u nublet"

I have found out the actual physical damage pretty much merely exists to buff your elementals.

This. Also: i am too lazy to spend time to change warframes and weapons between levels.

I don't tend to switch weapons until I'm fighting enemies over level 30. Until then, I usually just swap elementals.

Radiation for Grineer, Magnetic + Toxin for Corpus, and Corrosive for anything else.

Edited by Psychosist

I pick weapons based on their distinguishing operating characteristics; charge up, hit scan, projectile, recoil etc.

Then I load up elemental damage aimed at taking out "heavy" units. After you achieve a good build for that, I find that trash mobs die so easily to everything that it doesn't really matter what you hit them with.

Edited by Ryme

I pick weapons based on their distinguishing operating characteristics; charge up, hit scan, projectile, recoil etc.

Then I load up elemental damage aimed at taking out "heavy" units. After you achieve a good build for that, I find that trash mobs die so easily to everything that it doesn't really matter what you hit them with.

Practically took the words right out of my mouth