Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problems With Clan Research.

Tiqalicious

I know DE have their priorities set firmly on the release of U13 atm but I think this topic bears repeating right now because it is an absolutely enormous source of frustration for players and it's something that needs to be adressed as soon as possible.

There's absolutely no reason why after grinding through mission after mission for credits and rare resources to build clan tech, that it should then take 24+ hours to finish crafting the equipment. This is especially true of building frames because the amount of time that it can take to gather resources, research components and then build a frame feels absolutely unfair and it's something that DE need to think about if they intend to release any future equipment that can only be gained from the dojo.

It's a really bad sign when you release a teaser for a new upcoming warframe and a substantial portion of the reactions are people dreading the thought that we may have to build it through clan research.

Edited by Tiqalicious

I agree with you. We should at the very least have the ability to rush build these items for a fair platinum fee. Waiting 3 days to get a weapon is really disappointing since a player waits days to experience new content and then one has to wait even longer because the research takes forever.

Well, DE can either tone down both the research time and building time, or set a standard to what weapon get the 24 hours and the 12 hours build time.

But, indeed this problem slowly become a frustrating matter for both paying-but-want-to-build-it-legit players and real-money-free players.

Edited by Lorche

Teaches you patience, while you research/build that item you can go and work on something else:

-Another Weapon

-Decorations - Expanding your Dojo

-Your Homework

-Chores

-Getting that thing that one guy you know always wanted

-Getting a girlfriend (this is unchecked for me too :( )

-Adopting a panda

-Training said panda to do kung fu

-Go to the hospital cause the panda kicked your butt

-pay your hospital bills

-Fap

-Watch your favorite TV show

-Eat a Twinkie

-See a movie

-Make a Movie

-Become Famous

-Become a Sellout

-Hit Rock Bottom

-Re-Think your life

-Get yourself back together

-then click that 'Claim' button when the research/building is done !

Time requirements are fine. That stuff isn't going anywhere. A short wait won't hurt you. Anticipation and all that...

Remember, this game is F2P with micro-transactions. This is where DE makes their money. It's why you have a game to play to begin with.

Time requirements are fine. That stuff isn't going anywhere. A short wait won't hurt you. Anticipation and all that...

Remember, this game is F2P with micro-transactions. This is where DE makes their money. It's why you have a game to play to begin with.

That may have been true in the beginning but things like prime access and trading for platinum make that argument ring far less true. It's obvious DE have better incentives now for making people want to buy plat and putting a three day wait on new equipment that people are excited to try out just tends to leave a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Edited by Tiqalicious

Were I in a Moon clan, I would probably dread it. Otherwise, the costs are mostly irrelevant to anyone who plays regularly. Even solo, the costs are so small in a Ghost clan that it doesn't really matter.

Time requirements seem fine because it's not as if you have to play for 3 days straight to get a frame. Set it and go. Be free, but be patient.

The only front I agree upon is the exacting 24 hour nature of research. It would be nicer if it was more like 18-20 hours as many of us are farming up the last remaining components at the end of the night. Would be nice if I didn't have to wait an additional day for some things with research ending at whatever ungodly hour it got started.

I agree to an extent. The weapons aren't so bad to have as clan tech, though the recent clan tech spree DE has been on is getting pretty annoying. I'm fine with adding new stuff to the labs, but give us a break once in a while and let us just craft something out of the market. The real problem with clan tech research times is with the warframes. 3-5 days I can handle every now and then as long as not every weapon being released is clan tech, but nearly 10 days to build the game's hottest new item? That's just getting ridiculous.

I smell an entitlement mentality here and it's a stench we could all do without.

Yeah, I was plenty excited when I (finally) got my boltor prime parts all in row. Sure, I had to wait 12 hours. So what? I had plenty of other things to do; it didn't bother me in the slightest.

When getting Zephyr squared away, it took the better part of two weeks. Again, I didn't really have a problem with it. It gave me something to do and the final 72 hour wait actually rather sharpened the anticipation of wanting to experiment with the new 'frame.

Like I said, I'm simply not seeing a problem here. I see a lot of whining, but no problem.

I used to feel this was a problem but with the slew of clan tech resources in Invasions it is less of a problem. 

For Frames I suppose the 6< day wait isn't exactly fun, but then again, DE wants to make money off of the impatient people and to have their content updates take more than 2 days to exhaust.

I also have no problem with the Clan build time, however what bugs me is; The inordinate amount of time it takes to gather resouces, implement research and then build item. Only to find one can buy said item on the market for platinum.  

Now I know clan build is to help those members who couldn't otherwise afford to spend real world cash on plat, but still..

The buiid time is fine. Warframe still doesn't have enough content, blitzing through weapons and warframes will mean there's nothing to do left. The problem I have is with Oxium. It took the clan a rather long time to farm for the research, then we have to farm the same mission again to get our own.

Guys, guys, really?  You're going to complain about the build times?

Boo hoo, three days.  What, are you all imminently dying and it's been your lifelong dream to  use that new weapon you didn't know existed hours earlier?

The oxium is a bit more legit a complaint, but I'd say the problem is less the amount of oxium needed and the fact that mobile defense is a pretty terrible game mode in its current state.

I have a little story about patience.

A man had small house out on his farm. It was very cramped and he hated it. Not knowing what to do he travels to see a wiseman. The man asks the wiseman what he can do about his small house. The wiseman sits and thinks, and then asks the man if he has a cow. The man says he does. So the wiseman tells him to put the cow in is house. The man goes home and puts the cow in his house, and now his house is even smaller than before.

The man can't stand it, his house is so small. So he travels back to see the wiseman and again asks what he can do about about his small house. The wiseman asks if the man has a goat. The man replies that he has a goat. So the wiseman tells him to put the goat in the house. The man goes home an puts the goat in the house. He finds that his house is even smaller now with both the cow and goat inside, and he can't stand it. So he again returns to the wiseman, who asks if he has any chickens, ducks, or geese . The man says he does, so the wiseman tells him to go home and put them all in the house.

The man returns home an puts all them all into his house. Now his house is so full of animals that there isn't room inside for the man. At wits end he again goes to the wiseman and proclaims his problem. To which the wiseman tells him to go home take all the animals out of the house. The man does, taking out the chickens, the goat, and the cow. When he's done he finds that his house is just as small as it ever was, but now its full of animal dung.

If you are wondering what that had to do with patience, well, you read the whole thing didn't you?

Edited by Brasten

The buiid time is fine. Warframe still doesn't have enough content, blitzing through weapons and warframes will mean there's nothing to do left. The problem I have is with Oxium. It took the clan a rather long time to farm for the research, then we have to farm the same mission again to get our own.

Hmm, that's a good point and one that I should have given more consideration too. It would definitely be better to have a much larger variety of content available before considering any sort of cut down on the building time.

I have a little story about patience.

A man had small house out on his farm. It was very cramped and he hated it. Not knowing what to do he travels to see a wiseman. The man asks the wiseman what he can do about his small house. The wiseman sits and thinks, and then asks the man if he has a cow. The man says he does. So the wiseman tells him to put the cow in is house. The man goes home and puts the cow in his house, and now his house is even smaller than before.

The man can't stand it, his house is so small. So he travels back to see the wiseman and again asks what he can do about about his small house. The wiseman asks if the man has a goat. The man replies that he has a goat. So the wiseman tells him to put the goat in the house. The man goes home an puts the goat in the house. He finds that his house is even smaller now with both the cow and goat inside, and he can't stand it. So he again returns to the wiseman, who asks if he has any chickens, ducks, or geese . The man says he does, so the wiseman tells him to go home and put them all in the house.

The man returns home an puts all them all into his house. Now his house is so full of animals that there isn't room inside for the man. At wits end he again goes to the wiseman and proclaims his problem. To which the wiseman tells him to go home take all the animals out of the house. The man does, taking out the chickens, the goat, and the cow. When he's done he finds that his house is just as small as it ever was, but now its full of animal dung.

If you are wondering what that had to do with patience, well, you read the whole thing didn't you?

And that folks, is the story of Noah!

Even if you bought it from the market, you'd still have to go out and get the component BPs, spend 12 hours making all those, then another 72 making the frame. It's the same amount of time as if it were clantech (minus the research time).

Build times are fine.

I smell an entitlement mentality here and it's a stench we could all do without.

Yeah, I was plenty excited when I (finally) got my boltor prime parts all in row. Sure, I had to wait 12 hours. So what? I had plenty of other things to do; it didn't bother me in the slightest.

When getting Zephyr squared away, it took the better part of two weeks. Again, I didn't really have a problem with it. It gave me something to do and the final 72 hour wait actually rather sharpened the anticipation of wanting to experiment with the new 'frame.

Like I said, I'm simply not seeing a problem here. I see a lot of whining, but no problem.

I don't think you understand.

Do you remember Zephyr?  3 days research per component (thankfully you could do them at the same time) then 3 days for the Base BP.  Then 12 hours to make each component, and 3 days to make the frame once you have the components.  That's a minimum of 9 days (assuming you can make the components while doing the BP research, which I'm not sure you can).  And that's if you already have all the materials necessary for your clan to begin research and you to construct the item when you get access to it.  That can drag things out even further.

10 days is a long time when you've got nothing else to do in the game.  Diablo 3 just released an expansion, Titanfall, etc.  There are a lot of other games to play.  That's not a big deal to the player, because they can do something else.  But they might not come back after 10 days.  Most of my rather active clan hardly plays anymore; we're all basically finished with the content, the weapons and frames.  We're all mosty around Mastery rank 15 and there's nothing to do.  We're twiddling our thumbs waiting for new content, and in the meantime moving on to other games.

That's not a good sign for a F2P game when your playerbase moves on.  Especially when they're the sort that paid or things as well as playing for them.

We're just 30+ people out of their massive 7 million logins, but I'm pretty sure this is the problem they've been fighting for quite a while now; veteran burnout.  And with the move toward cosmetics (without stats) and way from actual frames and weapons to rank up, they're going to make the problem worse.  And if they put the content behind a 10-day wait or a ridiculous platinum cost, many will just happily move on to something else.

How will that infographic look next year?  3.5 million active accounts?  Steve once said they know they have to keep adding new content.  They haven't added new content for a bit (the melee sentinel was a poorly implemented experiment that's basically still broken).  They need something now, and they need their players to be able to get a hold of it and play with it now, before they get attached to something else.

Teaches you patience, while you research/build that item you can go and work on something else:

-Another Weapon

-Decorations - Expanding your Dojo

-Your Homework

-Chores

-Getting that thing that one guy you know always wanted

-Getting a girlfriend (this is unchecked for me too :( )

-Adopting a panda

-Training said panda to do kung fu

-Go to the hospital cause the panda kicked your butt

-pay your hospital bills

-Fap

-Watch your favorite TV show

-Eat a Twinkie

-See a movie

-Make a Movie

-Become Famous

-Become a Sellout

-Hit Rock Bottom

-Re-Think your life

-Get yourself back together

-then click that 'Claim' button when the research/building is done !

You sir...have stated my thoughts in a way I never could. Thank you.