Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Crossbow To Come Feedback

Vanhline

this is what im afraid of. this is why im throwing my feedback out to them so quickly and openly in hopes they will pay note to this in their "balancing." there is no harm in offering up your thoughts and idea, even on a project that is still in early development. 

Amen. Thus I don't see why everyone's acting like zoo monkeys and flinging fecal at your thread. 

Now on the subject of this crossbow-

It functions like a weaker Latron Prime, with none of its benefits, with the weakness of bows and possibly none of an arrow's innate benefits either. So we have this really lackluster middle-ground potentially yeah? Yet what we need to do is find it a nice middle-ground that allows it to compete with both to remain just as viable while not completely outshining the other. 

To be honest I'm not the greatest at weapon balancing but I know what's fun and can get creative enough with things...so lets see here...

Dread and Paris Prime, our two late-game bows:

High projectile damage

High crit chance

Very high crit damage

Arrows pierce multiple targets when fully charged

Ragdolls can potentially carry said arrow to kill addtional enemies. 

Arrows travel in an arc and feature travel time, limiting them to mid-range unless you're really good at predicting the spastic AI

Slower rate of fire compared to most guns in the game.

Latron Prime

Decent projectile damage

High crit chance

High crit damage

Hit-Scan

Semi-Automatic rate of fire

Every shot causes recoil which can make landing heads difficult when under pressure

Minor spread

Comparing these two Bows to the Latron Prime, the Bows hit harder shot for shot, but the Latron Prime gets the damage out quicker and has an advantage when it comes to ranged fire. 

I think a nice middle-ground for this Crossbow would be to give it the following:

Slightly less crit-damage than the bows yet more than the Latron Prime

Give it a highly consistent crit-chance

Faster projectile flight speed than either of the bows with less drop from its bolts yet leading targets is still required due to travel time and very slight drop

Up its proc-rate so it brings more to the table than just feeling like a slower Latron Prime with projectiles instead of bullets.

Thoughts?

I would much rather see constructive feedback using known information like in the OP before a weapon is released than have DE release a crappy weapon (or even a stupidly overpowered weapon) that needs fixing right away.

That said, it does look like the xbow needs some help.  Here's to hoping it's high enough on the priority list to get changed before next week!

Underwhelming indeed. The projectile speed, drop off, low critical rate and damage, and possibly other factors made it unattractive statwise.

There is still time. I hope they don't ballistica/Tigris this.

The only way they could Tigris the Attica is to drop its internal ammo capacity to 2.

here is my though for improving Attica.

Damage: keep it

fire rate: 1,8 => 5

Magazine size: 8 => 20

Crit chance: keep it

Crit damage: keep it

Proc chance: 10% => 15%

reload speed: keep it

Trigger: semi-auto => Auto

and increase the projectile speed same as Dread or faster.

rapid firing crossbow would make up for the damage it's having.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

Amen. Thus I don't see why everyone's acting like zoo monkeys and flinging fecal at your thread. 

Now on the subject of this crossbow-

It functions like a weaker Latron Prime, with none of its benefits, with the weakness of bows and possibly none of an arrow's innate benefits either. So we have this really lackluster middle-ground potentially yeah? Yet what we need to do is find it a nice middle-ground that allows it to compete with both to remain just as viable while not completely outshining the other. 

To be honest I'm not the greatest at weapon balancing but I know what's fun and can get creative enough with things...so lets see here...

Dread and Paris Prime, our two late-game bows:

High projectile damage

High crit chance

Very high crit damage

Arrows pierce multiple targets when fully charged

Ragdolls can potentially carry said arrow to kill addtional enemies. 

Arrows travel in an arc and feature travel time, limiting them to mid-range unless you're really good at predicting the spastic AI

Slower rate of fire compared to most guns in the game.

Latron Prime

Decent projectile damage

High crit chance

High crit damage

Hit-Scan

Semi-Automatic rate of fire

Every shot causes recoil which can make landing heads difficult when under pressure

Minor spread

Comparing these two Bows to the Latron Prime, the Bows hit harder shot for shot, but the Latron Prime gets the damage out quicker and has an advantage when it comes to ranged fire. 

I think a nice middle-ground for this Crossbow would be to give it the following:

Slightly less crit-damage than the bows yet more than the Latron Prime

Give it a highly consistent crit-chance

Faster projectile flight speed than either of the bows with less drop from its bolts yet leading targets is still required due to travel time and very slight drop

Up its proc-rate so it brings more to the table than just feeling like a slower Latron Prime with projectiles instead of bullets.

Thoughts?

I think those would actually be some good changes that don't make it strictly better or worse than it's competition. +1