The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Are The Benefits For Playing/completing Missions In Badlands?

Guest khk6

Perhaps they just got lost and ended up in the badlands/dark sectors on accident?

*shrug*

I guess there is an excuse for everything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If they are lost there.... how long do you think they have been there? How long since they were able to talk to HQ? How long since food has been growing scarce?

And now.... the Tenno find them... the Tenno... their enemies..... food has being growing scarce and now the Tenno are here....

Edited by Kao-Snake

Some things are limited by the engine and how the game is coded up and all, but your point about "our" territory being filled with enemies is actually interesting and funny and a little sad. I guess we own the road, not the destination.

Nah, if we will be facing an enemy in the Dark Sectors, something tells me we'll be facing the corrupted. Neural Sentries FTW.

We... having territory of our own and having to fight the Corpus/Grineer in it to fight against with THEIR title sets....... seems very lackluster.

I REALLY hope its a placeholder, that when Dark Sectors 2.0 comes it will be a completely new land with unique enemies, hell might be even be the wildlife of the planet and on the surface of it, I was hoping for a Open World where exploration would reward more since people are saying its 3 times the resources and maybe unique resources.....

I was kinda hoping for a decrepit desert world populated by space bandits and mercenaries for hire that serve the reigning clan in exchange for payment... I should probably play less Borderlands.

I won't judge it until it comes out though, but I hope at the very least there's a substantial difficulty increase compared to normal nodes.

I'm curious about it, but I feel that it could backfire pretty hard. If we're supposed to earn better resources and more resources, what happens when a greedy clan jacks up the taxes and is active? If they take most of what you get, then what's the point in doing them once you have the mods and whatnot that drop there? What happens if an active mega alliance takes over everything and screws everyone over? Maybe I'm just cynical, but I just can't get hyped for this when I think of everything that can go wrong.

Melee 2.0 has me going crazy though.

I think that is the problem though if they've adapted this system to be EVE-esque. 

Warframe's content is nothing like EVE, it does not attract EVE players. 
For most players once they have what they want from the Badlands they'll probably give up on going and fighting for their solar rails. It's not the core content they came here for and continue to come here for, unless the actual gameplay in the badlands is worth experiencing under its own merit, in which case, whoever they're paying probably won't matter any ways.

I'm curious about it, but I feel that it could backfire pretty hard. If we're supposed to earn better resources and more resources, what happens when a greedy clan jacks up the taxes and is active? If they take most of what you get, then what's the point in doing them once you have the mods and whatnot that drop there? What happens if an active mega alliance takes over everything and screws everyone over? Maybe I'm just cynical, but I just can't get hyped for this when I think of everything that can go wrong.

Melee 2.0 has me going crazy though.

the warbros *shivers*

I suspect that de will use Badlands to add new areas in connection to the Proxy Wars.

It is my understanding that "Endgame" is only possible when Badlands, Proxy Wars and Possibly Hubs is live.

So if the rails is in u13 , probably just the dojo aditions first imo.