Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Use Melee When I Can Just One Hit Them With My 6 Forma Op Gun?

kadu864

Scott said he'd been able to solo Pluto with a Skana.

...A SKANA....

I'll let that sink in for a bit...

I can do that right now. Just let me get my Loki (or Trinity, it's all good).

well imagine your using a ogris, and a disruptor ancient is charging you. you either shoot and die or pull out your melee wep and stun-lock him to death. (then t-bag his decaying corpse)

Or you jump-kick him in the face and then shoot him while he's trying to get up.

DE has said they are looking at the ability to unequip primaries and secondaries.

GO GO Melee only Alerts for cool rewards.

You really want that Primed Chamber?  Melee only Alert against level 35-38 Grineer.  Have at it Tenno.

Loki! Glaive! Dethcube (because no-shields nightmare don't disable my sentinel's shields, so melee only nightmare won't disable my sentinel's gun)! Assemble!

That is just an example.

It is the same if you are facing a level 30 ancient in a Loki, hell or any frame.

You only have 225 health, a single wiff of their poop can nearly take off 30% to 40% of your hp. 

Most frames at maxed are 225 or 300 health.

Even your vaunted Rhino. 

The point still stands, melee 2.0 will make melee more usable, if situations permit.

Even in the disruptor scenario, I know well enough if that once a disruptor starts his dash melee forward, you cannot stun lock him. You have to dodge or back peddle and hose him down instead of going up to the face.

There is no such thing in Warframe as , "Hurr I am a melee class so I has immense damage reduction or ability to aggro etc".

"Hurr I am a Valk  I has all that and more".

Considering the rest Ash and Loki might become undisputed DPS kings and for others melee will be a viable alternative, which will not  be better than guns, but not significantly worse either, like it is now. And dont forget the bonuses like staggering and blocking, so melee will have situational advantages too. 

(I still dont see any justification for 15-30k DPS guns to exist but w/e, its not the topic about nerfing guns)

Edited by Monolake

I really dont get why people complain about it, nobody is forcing anybody to only use melee now.

You want to murder themwith your kill-gun ? Go for it

You want to stab people in the name of the stickybutt ? Go for it

Nobody is stopping you, but please stop rubbing your opinion in my face.

That is just an example.

It is the same if you are facing a level 30 ancient in a Loki, hell or any frame.

You only have 225 health, a single wiff of their poop can nearly take off 30% to 40% of your hp. 

Most frames at maxed are 225 or 300 health.

Even your vaunted Rhino. 

The point still stands, melee 2.0 will make melee more usable, if situations permit.

Well, you have more health than that with Vitality.  That puts a Loki up to 555.  Rhino's the wrong choice to mention, for the obvious reason.  But yeah, Toxics will be a pain, thanks to the aura.  Run into a few of those and you won't have much health less.  Magnetic Leaders will also suck.  I'd imagine that, if you could equip multiple melee weapons, people would pack a Glaive/Kestrel to deal with those, but if you're just carrying those to throw, well, you might technically by the game terms be melee only, but as far as I'm concerned, you're packing a ranged weapon.  Might as well use a throwing dagger type of secondary instead.

Overall though, there's not that many mobs with auras like that.  So it'll mostly come down to the same issue slash procs have... lack of healing available in the game.

Edited by Axterix13

Something that I don't believe has been mentioned yet... Even if your allies don't kill the guy you're busy combo'ing, they will kill the guys around him and my guess is they won't wait for you, causing you to get behind and thus get less affinity and kills.

Well, that would depend on how long it takes to kill the guy.  The problem will be more that, not only do you have to catch up to them, you have to get ahead of them, because they shoot the mobs at a longer range than you can melee them.

If you want to play melee on a team, you're going to need to be able to move fast, because bullets move faster still.

Melee allows you to parry bullets.

Zero damage taken.

Parrying the bullets without certain mods will result in just causing them to ricochet away. actually deflecting the bullet back at them will probably result in modding that card (Reflection I think?) to your warframe. Im not 100% on if this will just increase the damage of the deflected bullet or not. We'll have to see.

DE has said they are looking at the ability to unequip primaries and secondaries.

GO GO Melee only Alerts for cool rewards.

You really want that Primed Chamber?  Melee only Alert against level 35-38 Grineer.  Have at it Tenno.

A true tenno fights against level 50 Grineer. WITH HIS FIST.

Edited by Phobose