Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Founder Exclusivity

Warning that I am going to explain an idea that may upset Founders, that is not my intention. I'm just bringing another idea to the table, which is the purpose of the forums.

Everyone knows about the Founder exclusive gear that is no longer available, namely Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. PC players had their chance at this gear, but PS4 players never did, which is a point if contention between the platforms. I had an idea on how to possibly make Founder exclusive gear available to everyone without angering Founders. Founders could be given keys that allow them to access a special mission that rewards blueprints and parts for Founder gear, which are tradeable to all players. This gives Founders a monopoly on gear, allowing them to make a large profit, while Founder gear becomes available to everyone. The best part- Founder gear is still technically exclusive, as only Founders have direct access to the gear blueprints. Grand Masters would get the keys first, then Masters a week or so later, then it would trickle down from there to other Founder levels. PC Founders who happen to have a PS4 account also could be given keys on PS4, which would make the Founder gear available on PS4 even though it would be much rarer than it would be on PC.

While your implementation is the best I've seen (this is actually a really original and interesting idea, good job!), these things are to forever remain exclusive for fear of a massive player exodus and/or lawsuits.

All the same, answer this question: why do you actually want the founders gear?

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Its not a bad idea, and at least this isnt a thread of "Why the f do they get founders and we dont! *angry noises*". Anyways.

The thing I don't understand is why you guys (not just PS4, people on PC as well who dont have it) want Founders so badly anyways? Its like you guys are the kid brothers who whine because the big brother got something and you want it because "he has it, I should get it to". Which isn't always the case.

The Founders gear ISNT EVEN GOOD. There are a ton of warframes and weapons that easily outclass the Founders gear in everyway. I think its stupid you guys want it so bad "just because they have it". Mastery argument doesn't really count here either because there are a ton of weapons and frames at the moment and the founders gear mean next to nothing, its not like getting to Mastery rank 15 means anything right now. And by the time it does it wont matter because there will be enough weapons for everyone to get there without Founders gear.

the founder pack should NEVER make a comeback with any other exclusives (such as the Lato Vandal, which i will never get). The reason i have for this is simple:

Fraud.

DE would immediately be guilty of business fraud because they themselves have stated that the rewards available from the founder packs will NEVER be available again. It was a contract of sorts, between DE and each person with a badge. If you look at it that way, if DE breaches said contract, they can be held financially and legally accountable for that descision.

Now, I DO think that PS4 players should be allowed to get SOMETHING that shows that they are pioneers for the PS4... but that will cause disparity and striff in the PC vs PS4 community.

Should they get something? Yes.

Is this an easy thing to resolve? Oh &^$% *&^%ing No.

Oh another thread.

No, people would still (still) complain.

Please stop trying to replace something with another and trying to justify why it would be better. Keep what was paid for.

Edited by Naith

You all had access to the pc version just like we did, its not our faults you didn't know about it before the founders was up and before you go all nerrr but i play on ps4 there's a magical thing called an account migration coming at some point. So all of you wanting it, believe it or not you had the same opportunity to get it as we did, enough with these topics DE has already said no.

Warning that I am going to explain an idea that may upset Founders, that is not my intention. I'm just bringing another idea to the table, which is the purpose of the forums.

Everyone knows about the Founder exclusive gear that is no longer available, namely Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. PC players had their chance at this gear, but PS4 players never did, which is a point if contention between the platforms. I had an idea on how to possibly make Founder exclusive gear available to everyone without angering Founders. Founders could be given keys that allow them to access a special mission that rewards blueprints and parts for Founder gear, which are tradeable to all players. This gives Founders a monopoly on gear, allowing them to make a large profit, while Founder gear becomes available to everyone. The best part- Founder gear is still technically exclusive, as only Founders have direct access to the gear blueprints. Grand Masters would get the keys first, then Masters a week or so later, then it would trickle down from there to other Founder levels. PC Founders who happen to have a PS4 account also could be given keys on PS4, which would make the Founder gear available on PS4 even though it would be much rarer than it would be on PC.

Really? Another thread covered this earlier. Founders don't need anything else that's exclusive. We have our exclusive stuff. It's the Founders gear. You're not getting Founders gear. Deal with it. Accept it. Or go cry in a damn corner somewhere. You. Aren't. Getting. Founders.

/thread, just like the last one.

the founder pack should NEVER make a comeback with any other exclusives (such as the Lato Vandal, which i will never get). The reason i have for this is simple:

Fraud.

DE would immediately be guilty of business fraud because they themselves have stated that the rewards available from the founder packs will NEVER be available again. It was a contract of sorts, between DE and each person with a badge. If you look at it that way, if DE breaches said contract, they can be held financially and legally accountable for that descision.

Now, I DO think that PS4 players should be allowed to get SOMETHING that shows that they are pioneers for the PS4... but that will cause disparity and striff in the PC vs PS4 community.

Don't forget that anything you give the PS4 players now, the moment it closes, you'll get PS4 players that didn't get it complaining that they want to open it back up so they can get it too.  -_-

Fraud.

Imo, Giving the PS4 players something that PC can't get will only further anger people on both sides, the only thing PS4 players getting that wouldn't upset PC players would be a special badge. DE has said themselves that Warframe is not "PS4 Warframe" and "PC Warframe" and that its all one game.

Giving out more exclusives that only one side can get would only further problems between the two communities.

Edited by Dtexas

Fraud.

Actually, this would be kind of a loophole. It meets the demands of the stated obligations. So far as I can tell, it meets the letter of the law. It doesn't exactly match the spirit of the law, but which of those is more important has been much-debated for centuries.

That being said, it has a lot of merit: It would keep the base decision in the hands of the founders, it would effectively allow founders to print their own plat, if they want, without actually adding plat to the economy. It would be inherently uber expensive(there's not that many founders, and even fewer who are going to be running missions solo for sales fodder), so it would still mean "something", particularly as only purchased plat can be used for trading. It's still something that's "exclusive" to the founders, and still fits within the definition of founders only being available for a limited time. It has a lot of potential to make a lot of people happy, on both sides. It would need some serious discussion, but it's workable.

Imo, Giving the PS4 players something that PC can't get will only further anger people on both sides, the only thing PS4 players getting that wouldn't upset PC players would be a special badge. DE has said themselves that Warframe is not "PS4 Warframe" and "PC Warframe" and that its all one game.

Giving out more exclusives that only one side can get would only further problems between the two communities.

Bad news. They, De_Megan I believe, said that PS4 is getting its own exclusives. What they'll be, I have no idea.

Actually, this would be kind of a loophole. It meets the demands of the stated obligations. So far as I can tell, it meets the letter of the law. It doesn't exactly match the spirit of the law, but which of those is more important has been much-debated for centuries.

That being said, it has a lot of merit: It would keep the base decision in the hands of the founders, it would effectively allow founders to print their own plat, if they want, without actually adding plat to the economy. It would be inherently uber expensive(there's not that many founders, and even fewer who are going to be running missions solo for sales fodder), so it would still mean "something", particularly as only purchased plat can be used for trading. It's still something that's "exclusive" to the founders, and still fits within the definition of founders only being available for a limited time. It has a lot of potential to make a lot of people happy, on both sides. It would need some serious discussion, but it's workable.

it COULD work for just the items on that technicality, its still all rather shakey.

Lol, then my issue would be going from 20+ Rhino Prime helmets to 20+ excal prime parts.

Bad news. They, De_Megan I believe, said that PS4 is getting its own exclusives. What they'll be, I have no idea.

I am aware. I think it could be a bad idea though depending on what it is. If it its a re-release of old event weapons or some sort of badge (Maybe a PS4 weapon skin similar to the braton PS4 weapon skin?), I am fine with that. But if its a whole new weapon variant that PC can't get then it will cause more trouble than it will solve.