Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long Range Melee Weapon

wildtron

After I watched the latest devstream, I was really fascinated of the combos for melee weapons.  What first came to my mind was Gods of war. The Tenno should also have something like the Blades of Chaos. If you do not know, it is a pair of blades with attached chains on the hilt.

Yes the glaives and kestrel can hit long range but it's thrown. Scoliac is similar but its a whip.. haha 

Blades of Chaos is like Dual Ichor + Chains on the hilt so that it can be easily pulled back after.. i really wish that the devs would create something like the blades of chaos for the Tenno.. :D

It would be super cool to do never ending combos to multiple enemies on survival missions and to bosses. 

one of the 3 melee contest winners was a blade that had  a chain on it with similar functions as to what you have described. DE planned to put it into game but then they realized why animate them for U12 when they'll have to re animate them for U13. hopefully they will be dropped with the update or soon after.

I'd rather see a spear.  A naginata would be nice, too.

Yeah.  I'd like to see some better piercing options.  As well as some melee weapons with more balanced stats, rather than with a heavy focus on a single damage type.  Something like a warhammer (puncture and impact), Poleaxe (puncture and slashing), morning star (puncture and impact), some of the European fencing swords (puncture and slashing), etc.  Heck, the standard European 2h-Sword would do well for slashing/impact, both because it used its blade to batter people down and because of pommel strikes.

Edited by Axterix13

I'd rather see a spear.  A naginata would be nice, too.

Partisan would be super. Many partisans were super ornate ceremonial weapons that are right up a Tenno's alley.  Very easy to add a Lotus motif to these as well.

ph-0.jpg

I was going to say a rope dart, but Shackram already mentioned it. Rope dart would be awesome, short-long range melee attacks and an easy enough way to do stealth kills with it too, either by choking someone out with the rope, or slinging it over a crossbeam or something overhead and looping it around the baddy's neck to haul them up, just like in the old Tenchu games.

Isn't the Orthos really close to a Naginata already?

A spear on the other hand, THAT I would like to see.

Not really, the Orthos has a blade at each end of a staff, a naginata has a blade at only one end and is by and large a lot closer to a spear than it is to the Orthos.

Also, fun fact; the Glaive isn't a Glaive, it's closer to a Chackram. Actual glaives were basically the European counterpart to naginatas.

And on topic yes I would love for a pole-arm variety weapon in this game.  

The Lecta is pretty much exactly what that GoW weapon is; a weighty mass attached to a whip.

Whips are the epitome of a long-range weapon (with thrown weapons offering a different playstyle) yet no one is talking about them here, a topic about long range melee weapons lol.

I don't know what this signifies, but I think it's an interesting fact for the developers to consider lol

Not really, the Orthos has a blade at each end of a staff, a naginata has a blade at only one end and is by and large a lot closer to a spear than it is to the Orthos.

Also, fun fact; the Glaive isn't a Glaive, it's closer to a Chackram. Actual glaives were basically the European counterpart to naginatas.

And on topic yes I would love for a pole-arm variety weapon in this game.  

Might as well just throw this out there and say "More polearms plz"

Polearms.jpg