The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Feedback: Megathread (With Template).

[DE]Rebecca

Weapon used: Ankyros Prime
Stance: Fracturing Wind
Experiences: Punch, Punch, Backhand slap, Volley of punches, and then finally a gap closer for the smallest ranged melee type in the game.
It takes too long to get to the mobile strike for the weapon type that needs it the most.

Weapon Used: Machete Wraith, Nikana, Jaw Sword
Stances: Sundering Weave, Tranquil Cleave, Iron Phoenix
Experience: A lot of combos with mobility strikes don't gain the momentum if already walking/running. 

Weapons used: Glaive/Glaive Prime

Factions fought: all factions

Mods equipped/Stance used: Standard base build (pressure point, fury, spoiled stryke, jagged edge, elementals) + Gleaming Talon (stance)

Thoughts & Experiences:
Well, i relly love this weap, but i found some "problems"...
First of all the charging time is too high...i think you can increase the effectiveness of fury mod on the charge or (maybe) add "-x% charge speed" to one of the unique mod for the glaive (maybe whirlwind or power trow)...
Then the combo for trowing is REALLY annoing...just a hold(E) would be much better...and if you want to keep a trowing combo (which would be very cool i guess) why not add another combo to the stance?
And now the damage part...the charge damage is too low, after level 25-30 start being useless on the most part of enemies, so a buff (not much, just a little) wold be really appreciated (at least for the glaive prime)...the same for the base damage (i know this is a TROWING weapon but...), low damage, low fire rate and tiny range is really bad, maybe a buff (i'd say to firerate) could be a good thing...
Anyway love the animations, and the exploding thing is awesome, keep this way DE
Approximate Time Spent: many hours

Weapons used: Hate/Reaper Prime

Mods equipped/Stance used: Standard base build (pressure point, fury, spoiled stryke, jagged edge, elementals) + Stalking Fan/Reaping spiral (stances)

Thoughts & Experiences: Guys you destroyed my favourites melee, scythes ar now too slow, low damage compared to many others weapon...do something!!
Anyway awesome the stalking fan animations, good the reaping spiral (P.S. change the scythes polarity from bar to scratch)

Supplementary Info: mouse/keyboard, both solo and coop.

No problems/bad thoughts on other weapons, or at least you fixed almost any bug i encountered with 13.0.4...
Ty DE ;) 

Weapons used: Glaive/Glaive Prime

Mods equipped/Stance used: Standard base build (pressure point, fury, spoiled stryke, jagged edge, elementals) + Gleaming Talon (stance)

Thoughts & Experiences:
Well, i relly love this weap, but i found some "problems"...
First of all the charging time is too high...i think you can increase the effectiveness of fury mod on the charge or (maybe) add "-x% charge speed" to one of the unique mod for the glaive (maybe whirlwind or power trow)...
Then the combo for trowing is REALLY annoing...just a hold(E) would be much better...and if you want to keep a trowing combo (which would be very cool i guess) why not add another combo to the stance?
And now the damage part...the charge damage is too low, after level 25-30 start being useless on the most part of enemies, so a buff (not much, just a little) wold be really appreciated (at least for the glaive prime)...the same for the base damage (i know this is a TROWING weapon but...), low damage, low fire rate and tiny range is really bad, maybe a buff (i'd say to firerate) could be a good thing...
Anyway love the animations, and the exploding thing is awesome, keep this way DE

Weapons used: Hate/Reaper Prime

Mods equipped/Stance used: Standard base build (pressure point, fury, spoiled stryke, jagged edge, elementals) + Stalking Fan/Reaping spiral (stances)

Thoughts & Experiences: Guys you destroyed my favourites melee, scythes ar now too slow, low damage compared to many others weapon...do something!!
Anyway awesome the stalking fan animations, good the reaping spiral (P.S. change the scythes polarity from bar to scratch)

Supplementary Info: mouse/keyboard, both solo and coop.

No problems/bad thoughts on other weapons, or at least you fixed almost any bug i encountered with 13.0.4...
Ty DE ;) 

I think that Melee 2.0 in general has really added to the game, making that part of combat a little more dynamic and exciting.

Regardless. my bigest concern is the elimination of the charge attack, When I started playing it was one of the things that really made me love this game. Multiple one-hit kills were the best part of any mission for me and I feel its been taken away. The Gallatine was the first I upgraded with a Catalyst because I thaught I would keep it forever. With Melee 2.0 this awsome sword has been nerfed to the pont of beeing almost useless, all my hours of farming for the components and for the Mod Killing blow have been for nothing now.

I will keep my Gallatine for now in hopes of it geting a much needed buff, it makes no sence that such a heavy wepon does so little actual damage.

Weapon(s) used: Jat Kittag

Mods equipped/Stance used:  fury(max),pressure point (max)and other maxed mods that i don't remember,no stance mod

Thoughts & Experiences:it swing very slow after the update ,I can't even feel the build-in jet engine kicks in,now it like a normal hammer,and i miss the old charge attack of this hammer,i know there a stance mod could do that but it REALLY HARD TO FIND!

my suggest: make this hammer a unique weapon,when the hammer swing to halfway,the jet kicks in

Edited by futurespy

Weapon(s) used: Dakra prime, nikana (also dragon), dual heat, dual skana, fang prime, glaive prime, hate, jat kittag, lecta, machete wraith, nami skyla, orthos prime, reaper prime

Faction(s) fought: all factions

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: used them all with stances, except glaive prime

Thoughts & Experiences:

Trying to make this feedback short but worth.

- Fang prime have been the only good weapons i have actually seen and perform combos with, as they are fast they usually end up by making combos, wile the other weapons are to slow or to hard to actually perform combos during the heat of the battle.

- I have tested high difficulty survival with only melee mode, with either corpus or grineer I can survive up to 30m without ever needing any gun.

Although corpus seem more difficult, might be because they surround you and shoot much more, but either with corpus or grineer I still find hard to play without a frame that actually enhances melee gameplay; been using allot of Excalibur radial disarm, whiteout it I don't believe i could make so far only with melee. Meaning, whiteout a frame that haves some defensive or strategic ability, melee mode isn't much viable.

- would like to suggest combos that use buttons combos, something like using Q+E, or mouse2+E, or mouse1+mouse2+E.

Either way not sure if this would help or make a difference in this game.

- Melee mode need a unique set of keybindings, after long runs my wrists are starting to hurt from mashing the E key, thus having the option of changing it would be great for all players wrists health.

- The whips, before the update already had a bad design for use, and in u13 it is the same.

Whips have a unique range for hitting a enemy, a certain distance as to be kept between the player and the enemy for the whip to hit, but at every attack move the character advances closing the gap between frame and enemy, which ends up on the whip not hitting the enemy because he his to close.

- Loving the new melee system, making the game feel so much more ninja.

So I hope in the future more features embrace melee gameplay, this is because nowadays theres too much features still obligating the use of guns.

Approximate Time Spent: 16+ hours

edit (extra):

Some kind of graple hook is still needed, either for navigation/parkour purpose, and also for closing the gap between enemies and frames to better use melee, a graple hook that can push the enemy toward you or propel the frame to the enemy.

Edited by 7grims

at first, melee 2.0 is awesome and finally adds the possibilty to play with melee weapons only, without been laughed at by those 4 forma synapse/penta vaubans. A few things i'd like to mention because they bother me.

-Channeling
Its shiny. But completely takes out the depth of building melee weapons. while we had 3 general types of melee weapons before, namely normal attack builds, charge attacks builds and crit builds, now youll end up mostly building for channeling damage if youre into melee. i highly suggest adding a channeling multiplier as attribute to weapons, since channeling basically amplifies your total damage instead of beeing based of an attribute like charge attack weapons did before. channeling damage builds even outdamages critbuilds, since theyre not depending on a crit proc chance to do damage. i usually build full damage + corrosive + all channeling mods and kill even high level grineer bombards etc with 2-3 strikes for the coast of ~3 energy. This needs a huge rework.

-Stance mods
i love the new unique animations most of the stances grant you, feels like playing devil may cry. BUT stance mods dont really change jump/wall/slide attacks animation, which id love to see. also, even some rare stances only give you 1 combo which is a bit.. well unsatisfying?

ALSO: i have a shrine dedicated to the RNG Gods, but some stances are impossible to get, escpecially for casual players. As long as 'cannon-fooder'-type enemies like grineer butchers/lancers drop those rare mods, its allright, But forreal, DE's; Grinding Grineer Napalms for crimson dervish with a droprate of like.. 0.01% is just .. impossible? Maybe add those stances to more common enemies' or to the alerts' drop table.

-Blocking
Just like the channeling thing.. add depth to it. maybe assassins creed like timed blocking to stagger enemies for the cool execute moves.
a few more mods for blocking and maybe a damage negation multiplier for weapons. make channeling efficiency mods amplify channeled blocking aswell. Hard to believe fang prime can block as efficient as a sword can. i did martial arts irl and can confirm that its easier to block incomming attacks with something big than with something small.
>inb4 ninja
>inb4 coolstorybroneedsmoreninjas

>inb4 next hokage

those are my thoughts so far, im sorry for my bad english, not native speaking it. feel free to keep grammar mistakes you find and to criticize me in a constructive way
>inb ninjas

Thoughts and Experiences- I have found when playing with a team on defense missions while in the midst of battle that those team mates using only melee take longer to kill enemies, and these are experienced players, putting more of a burden on other players defending the pod to take more of the brunt of attacks. I don't doubt melee has become more fun, but in some ways IMHO it becomes a detriment rather than a help to a team. Another factor of this is also a player doing melee obviously has to close with the enemy (with the somewhat exception of the Glaive) which means if he is overwhelmed a player has to go revive him thus depleting the defensive force for the pod and because he is doing melee his chances are higher of being killed. 

Weapon(s) used: Nikana  and Dragon Nikana

Faction(s) fought: Corrupted

Thoughts & Experiences: Lacking in Momentum, I tried the  Nikana Combo's all together, and one crucial thing i noticed was, All the dash movements at the end of Combo's such as "Hook and Eye" and "Beyond Reproach" were overriden by movement. for example, if i walked forward while using the "Hook and Eye", the final dash towards the enemy would end up with me opening my arms widely to a "friendly" corrupted moa while walking over to greet him for our tea party. If you could make it override movement and dash forwards anyways, at least on the final dash, it would be 10x more useful.

also, i keep getting stuck in enemies when i actually manage to do the dash while standing still. it halts at corpses, ospreys, anything. i wish that i could cut -through- my enemies, even if it doesn't kill them, as a way of getting more damage on more enemies.

Approximate Time Spent: 3 Hours testing in various void missions, as well as kappa

Faction(s) fought: Corrupted

Mods equipped/Stance used: Pressure point (maxed)  Fury (maxed), (maxed), Tranquil Cleave (maxed)

Supplementary info: Basically, make the dash movements on the combo's actually worth doing, by making them get you somewhere, rather than standing on the same spot as you originally started from.

Faction(s) fought: Corrupted

Thoughts & Experiences: My experience has been that six hours in the void over the course of several days equates to only a single argon crystal. A hard-won resource which has decayed without being, used and has yet to be duplicated. My thoughts are that anyone who works for a living and has a life outside of their computer is unlikely to be able to accrue enough argon to build this shiny new katana any time soon. If I apologize for working my terrible night job so I can afford to eat, sleep in a bed, and have the electricity to play this game whenever I can get an hour or two to play, will you make finding these crystals less excruciating? There doesn't seem to be a single reason to have them decay other than creating an artificial hindrance, presumably to make up for the fact that most people end up with thousands upon thousands of every single resource due to there being so very little worth spending resources on. And if that's the case here, then you're going about fixing the problem wrong. Create things worth spending resources on, don't make it such that we can't collect enough to do anything with them. 

Approximate Time Spent: 6 hours 

Edited by timesickGallivanter

Weapon(s) used: Any

Faction(s) fought: All

Stance used: None

Thoughts and Experience: Blocking is now useful, to put it mildly, hell it's a life-saver in hectic moments, not to mention satisfying to close the distance while taking no damage at all. Grand! However, since I do not yet have a stance mod and the charge attack has been replaced with Channelling (which I otherwise really like), I'm stuck with a 2-hit combo that gets really dull really fast and as such, it so far feels like more like Meleé 1.5 because the RNG Gods have ignored my prayers lately.

Approximate Time Spent: 3-5 hours

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weapon(s) used: Any

Stance used: Any

Thoughts and Experience: Having grown tired of praying to the RNG Gods, I managed to obtain a few stances through trading and now I finally have access to Meleé 2.0! But just because the trading option exists does not mean it's okay to lock this new highly-anticipated, long-delayed system behind an RNG grind wall. And only one combo per stance on average (not counting the standard E spam)? I know it's early days still but as it stands, my choice of stance is being determined not as much by personal preference as it is by whichever one offers more than one combo option (again not counting standard spam). Stances should be a big bonus to an already-fun set of basics, NOT a necessity to even access the system to begin with. All that said, once I did break through the aforementioned wall, it was a barrel of fun.

Approximate Time Spent: 6-15 hours

Edited by Yurinaga

Lots of people have talked about various issues such as starting with no Stances and so on, but I feel like there's not enough discussion about the actual combo system that now exists. Read on to here my take on it, but I guess I'll have to get some other details out of the way first...

Weapon(s) used: Ankyros, Amphis, Dual Heat Swords, Hate, Heat Dagger, Jaw Sword, Kogake, Machete, Machete Wraith, Nami Skyla, Nikana, Orthos, Orthos Prime, Pangolin Sword and the Scoliac.

Faction(s) fought: Corpus, Grinner, Infested and The Corrupted.

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: I used Pressure Point, Parry and Killing Blow mostly. I also have 16 out of the 27 stances and played around with 'em all for a while. I guess I'll have to list them? They include Brutal Tide, Burning Wasp, Clashing Forest, Coiling Viper, Crimson Dervish, Crossing Snakes, Fracturing Wind, Homing Fang, Iron Phoenix, Pointed Wind, Reaping Spiral, Seismic Palm, Shimmering Blight, Sundering Weave, Swirling Tiger and Tranquil Cleave.

Thoughts & Experiences: Whilst the previous melee system essentially revolved around holding 'E' for charged attacks to do decent damage, this new system has almost the same problem - you pretty much spam E with maybe a very slight pause or holding of the key here and there. You've made some really cool animations DE, but rather than allow us to choose what moves we can do and having different properties we could inflict, I feel that this barebones 'dial-a-combo' system is just as spammy and mindless as the old melee system. Basically, you still really have no control over your characters attacks and you'll always see the same beginning animations over and over again if you want to use or just see other moves.

I believe it would be better if there were controls where you could actually choose to do certain attacks (for example, the 'Breathless Lunge' stabbing motions of the Nikana Stance could be ↑+E) and it had different properties such as shorter range, certain amount of damage and so on compared to the first two starting attacks you always do. Like I said, that's just an example, but what I'm basically saying is that not only would things like this allow attacks and combos to be more freeform, but it allows more variety in what players can do. Currently, it seems less about style and substance and more about mashing the 'E' key.

Approximate Time Spent: 24 hours give or take.

Supplementary Info: Used Mouse and Keyboard while playing 'Solo' and 'Online'.

Edited by Kaibah

I love melee 2.0, the only thing i don't like are the keybindings. I know that you can change the keybindings, but don't in the way i would like them. 

Quick melee with e is just fine and switching to melee with holding f is ok too. But once i equiped my melee weapon it is my primary and it feels kind off weird still smashing e over and over again while channeling with mouse button 1.

I would like to melee with mouse button 1 in this mode, would feel kind of better. You could then change channeling to e and even give the option to toggle channeling, so i don't have to hold a button all the time. 

Weapon(s) used:  Any, Galatine

Mods equipped/Stance used:  Fury (maxed), Killing Blow (maxed), NO Stance,

Thoughts & Experiences: Something I noticed that is a little awkward when starting to block after attacking in melee. There is a delay between the melee attack and blocking cycle animation, making it a little unresponsive if you want to imeediately start blocking again after killing your target. It would be nice if you tried to streamline the melee attack>blocking animation flow to make deflecting attacks more responsive.

The heavy weapon grip seems to be unfinished, as the warframe just holds the weapon straight up at a 90° angle. Shoulder resting heavy weapons stances are missing.

Approx. Time Spent: 10+hours

Supplementary Info: Animation, Combat Flow

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Weapon(s) used: Sword, Dual Swords, Polearm, Scythe, Machete, Katana

Faction(s) fought: Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted

Mods equipped/Stance used:  Stances(Iron Phoenix, Swirling Tiger, Shimmering Blight, Reaping Spiral, Sundering Weave)

Thoughts & Experiences:

Combos from stances completely impractical since most of them limit movement and require more time to perform leaving open to damage. Combining regular melee attacks, slide attack, flying kick etc still more effective way to deal with enemies while meleeing because of the ability to crowd control and avoid damage while also dealing it.

Melee attacks seem to stagger enemies again which brings back it's ability to crowd control and makes those attacks have bigger impact like pre-Damage 2.0. Often when staggered, enemies still manage to retaliate with melee attacks and knockdowns even though they clearly look like they should be unable to do so.

Improved blocking useful but rarely practical since it requires equipping melee weapon every time one needs it. 

Equipping/unequipping melee weapon takes too long requiring opening oneself to damage or stopping and breaking flow of combat.

Transition from melee attack and block seems longer guaranteeing a time where player is open to damage.

Melee attacks seem more trivial when having guns equipped since the regular attack chain is now locked behind melee equip.

Channeling is easy to use and while a nice alternative to charge attack isn't making much impact with just increased damage.

Finishers often get in the way by taking control from the player who might have triggered them accidentally just trying to use regular melee attack.

More flashy special effects distracting and covering the view in heat of combat.

Summary:  No real improvements, melee is still more practical to use like before and combining it with guns rather than equipping it and using combos that open players for damage and cripple their movement ability. While making block more useful is a good thing, making it unusable when holding a gun makes players less flexible in combat. A common bug where player has to wait for character to finish sheathing animation before they can use melee attack again which is triggered by various action transitions still not fixed.

Approx. Time Spent: 30 hours (various mission types)

Supplementary info: Mouse and Keyboard, Solo, Co-op.

Edited by Gorzagorz

Weapon(s) used: Fang, Kogake, Dual Ichor and Dakra Prime

Faction(s) Fought: All of them

Mods Equipped/Stance Used: Iron Phoenix, Brutal Tide, Swirling Tiger, Gnashing Payara, Stalking Fan and Reaping Spiral

Toughs and Experiences:

I really like melee 2.0, the weapons feels really powerfull and you can do even high level survival missions with only melee, sadly i feel that some stances lack content for example "Iron Phoenix" just got one combo same with Reaping Spiral, pretty much all the "EEEE" combos are the same old animations w/o any variation same for the dash attack and the wall attack, some combos feels nice like the Swirling Tiger because they give you a lot of movement and control over the battlefield meanwhile Iron Phoenix just feel "lacking" the 5 hit combo doesnt work unless you are pretty much spamming the EEE combo, the combo meter is nice but we really need more time or make the counter decay because all the enemies run from you and in 5 seconds you cant just catch em, the system is great and it works, i just feel that it needs more depth(combos, defensive maneuvers, dash) for making it better, the channeling system is nice but i feel like it needs to be a toggle instead of keeping the button, parry barely works and enemies tend to ignore the "perfect guard".

Summary:
For me the system provides a nice base and its a welcome change, i just feel that it needs a lot of improvement in the combos (maybe 4-5 combos per stance) like adding another button instead of those awkward pauses, also i think the system needs better and more fluid movement in combat, a good melee system let you move through enemies in a fluid way, maybe a little more utility/movement combos, in general the system is great it just need a little of improvement .

Approx Time Expent: 20 hours (various missions)

Supplementary Info: Xbox 360 controller, Solo, Co-Op

Weapon(s) used: Lecta

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Pressure Point, Reach, Fury, Shocking Touch, Voltaic Strike, Focus Energy, Spoiled Strike, Energy Channel; Burning Wasp stance

Thoughts & Experiences: Definitely a noticeable jump in killing power on the Lecta post-patch, even with no stance. Seemed like the damage went up slightly, and status chance definitely went up (25% baseline; 40% with Voltaic Strike); been a very good crowd control weapon, as the wide range and electricity status means you can shock big groups at a time. Does very well against Corpus, as expected, but I was tearing through high-level Infested and Grineer enemies with little trouble as well (on derelicts and Ceres, respectively), even when heavy units like napalms and bombards started showing up.

Regarding the stance, I really like it; Buzzing Sting, the basic combo, is the same as before, but the third hit (the overhead lash) seems a bit easier to connect with than it was pre-patch. Both the bonus combos have good range and carry you forward slightly, which is excellent, and Sparking Torture (E-E-pause-E-E) hits in a wide area, making it very good for crowds of enemies. My main complaint is that the third hit of Sparking Torture (the lunging sweep after the pause) seems to have a really inconsistent hitbox, and will frequently miss enemies directly in the whip's path or even right in front of you. The parry-stun finisher also feels a little lackluster; it looks really awesome, but it doesn't seem like it does much more damage than a regular swing, and has the added drawbacks of not being able to combo out of and, depending on surrounding terrain, getting you stuck in the environment. Other than that, though, both the stance and the weapon feel pretty badass.

On a related note, it would be very nice if the arsenal UI would display channeling damage (or how much damage channeling adds when active), as well as finisher damage. Particularly the latter; with finishers now being a more common part of combat, it'd be nice to know how a given weapon's finisher damage stacks up to others.

Approximate Time Spent: Off and on since the patch - I'd estimate about 16-24 hours total by now.

Supplementary Info: Played with mouse and keyboard. Mostly solo games, but some co-op as well.

Incoming bold, sorry.

Weapon(s) used:Dragon Nikana, Glaive prime, Dual ichors, Furax, Dakra prime, a lot.

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used:Standard melee build(not channeling), most stances

Thoughts & Experiences:R
eally fun, making melee a lot better, and regularly managing to hit highest damage with pure melee.

However, having the stance "gleaming talon" drop from leech ospreys is one of the worst ideas possible, IMO, along with a few other stances(stalking fan, crimson dervish(although that one's a lot easier then the other two)), as it basically limits them to transmutation as it is almost imposible to get the otherwise. And with around 50% chance of even getting a rare from 4 rare transmutation, most people will not see this stance.

Approximate Time Spent: Far too much

Supplementary Info
: KBM, Solo and groups

Thoughts & Experiences: 

So here's a thought I have on melee and hitting aerial opponents. It's pretty hard, and in a lot of cases near impossible, so I thought I would suggest an example solution to try and make it easier on those of us who love using the new system:

When a player is in the air, tapping E will do a slash, where holding E will do the ground slam.

That, or letting players assign a key to ground slam that isn't E. Allowing players to use their melee in air without having to do wall attacks would be a great feature to have and I know I personally would appreciate it.

Edited by animaCartographer

Weapon(s) used: ALL

Faction(s) fought: ALL

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: All stance and channeling mods, Auto-targeting durring combos, Combos count system. Combos boost, Mods Slots

Thoughts & Experiences:

1. Idle animation are the same, no metter what we choose our warframe will do same action. Dagger holding animation are so bad, it look like he holding two swords no daggers. Don't know why Standing Animations from warframe no change how warframe holding weapons and for idle animations. Warframes should holt KATANA in both hands durring fight.. You adding samurai sword. Warframe hold saya only at begging of fight, after that he should keep it with both hands. 2nd combo looks more like rapier fight no with katana.. should be changed/reworked.

Warframes shouldn't hold saya durring fight.. and only use 2nd hand for few hits.

2. Channeling mods - players realy need to know how it works, how many dmg they give and that if all it works same for all weapons. Currently for me i don't see any difrence if i use +220% channeling dmg or not.

3. Other problem is while we do combos, when we kill one mobe and 2nd or more mobs are on our way and they move a little our whole combo is go for nothing... not many situation when players can kill mobs via combo. Auto-targeting didn't help players, warframe still doing combo in same direction and not targeting other enemies.

4. Hit count system is great but only on paper.. not many situation when player can use more hits: few mobs only, or another mobe is too far to keep counting. I suggest to change this system in to ways: 1st, system knowing from Vindictus, players make hit counting all the time, it was reset when player get direct hit - take hp. 2nd one is make this time windows a little longer, realy 4s isn't enought, especialy when warframes aren't faster when they should be, epsecialy when they holding only melee weapons and "light" weapon like daggers, dual swords, katana.. this weapons should give players some speed boost.

5. Making combo from list should give players dmg boost, realy for many many situation players didnt use Your combo moves.. 1st they need time, 2nd hitting in one direction, 3rd more dmg and more effective is still spamming "E", situation what you want to remove from game with this system. Combos should be more than spam E with "pause" or "Holding" use more kesy like up, left, down, right, maybe using Left+E make attack on mob on left, after that player use UP+E and they jump to another mob, all like combo, with new moves. Many currently aniamtion is only for good looking.. players STILL SPAMMING E!

6. New patch same problem, You add tons new mods what can be used only durring channeling, but most of the should be on Warframe side. Player will not use it, because even with good mods weapon will be too weak do kill anything more than 10lvl, players still need to use 4 basic mods to boost normal dmg, mostly because channeling dmg is bugged.

Approximate Time Spent: till U13

Thats all from me now... im player whol love melee, love id it in Vindictus and many many more games - mostly Single Player.

Edited by Dreed

Thoughts & Experiences: 

So here's a thought I have on melee and hitting aerial opponents. It's pretty hard, and in a lot of cases near impossible, so I thought I would suggest an example solution to try and make it easier on those of us who love using the new system:

When a player is in the air, tapping E will do a slash, where holding E will do the ground slam.

That, or letting players assign a key to ground slam that isn't E. Allowing players to use their melee in air without having to do wall attacks would be a great feature to have and I know I personally would appreciate it.

I fight for something like this or any new kind of melee targeting for months... even with new melee system we have same problem, Ospreys on head, crawlers on foot what melee can't kill, only few melee weapons have proper animtation whitch what player can kill it..

I want to see free target system like with weapon, when my eyes are up i hit mobs above me when i look down hitting mobs under feet... players should be able to target mobs head durring melee fight... using melee to hit vitals points. Many many weapons hit only in one siretion horizontally in front and nothing more.

Weapon Used: Heat Sword, Ankyros Prime
Stance: Iron Phoenix, Fracturing Wind.

Experience. The EEE combo, without repeating launches one significantly farther when off a cliff or incline than when on ground. I find a similar experience with the mobile strike for Fracturing Wind.
It feels like a lot of the mobility strikes are too hampered by ground.

I love the System.. its just a real PAIN to get the stancemods id like to have.. so far i have 1x Fists and 2x Staff in my first 3-4 missions ... and now no drops, as if the system was tweaked.

Edited by Merlinhawk

suggestion: melee channeling could be toggled

Weapon(s) used: glaive prime , jaw sword

Faction(s) fought: all factions 

Mod(s) equipped/Stance used: Gleaming Talon, Crimson Dervish, preassure point, whirlwind, fury, spoiled strike, reflex coil, corrupt charge, parry, killing blow (all maxed)

Thoughts & Experiences: melee 2.0 is awesome and the combos channeling and finishers are very nice, although there were almost no combos in each stance

Approximate Time Spent: 4 hours

Supplementary Info
: mouse and keyboard  and i played mostly solo