Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stances---Keeping Content Away From Players?

SniffYoBunnies

after all the delays, the hype, and the other things that have been made to wait?

The grind was last straw.

I was really hoping melee 2.0 would give me a renewed sense of purpose, but the way they broke glave, the grind to access the vastly over hyped content in melee 2.0, the damascus steel layers of grind upon grind hammered and folded together to get to the new boss. Thefact that these make solo access of the new stuff a herculean task?

The adition of a grind resorce with a shelf life?

I have no underlying reason to play any more.

I'd be better firing up BL2, or TF2, or any of a number of alterntaves.

Warframe isnt the only game in town, its not even a particularly full featured, polished or inovatave iteration of this manner of game.

Despite the many people who worship the devs they can do wrong, and so far they have.

I mean win me back by all means, but, its on them to do so.

No, the melee itself is. The combos are added fluff. So far, the general consensus is that they are pretty but ultimately landing a combo on anything is chopping dead air above a mutilated corpse. So no, it is nothing like having a frame with no powers.

Half the purpose of melee 2.0 was to introduce a combo system because melee 1.0 was too flat.

Combos are part of the entertainment value, not the power value. We should not be grinding on random chance to find half the enjoyment we should have given to us from the beginning.

And if it's not necessary at all, and just fluff, then it definitely isn't grind worthy any ways.

after all the delays, the hype, and the other things that have been made to wait?

The grind was last straw.

I was really hoping melee 2.0 would give me a renewed sense of purpose, but the way they broke glave, the grind to access the vastly over hyped content in melee 2.0, the damascus steel layers of grind upon grind hammered and folded together to get to the new boss. Thefact that these make solo access of the new stuff a herculean task?

The adition of a grind resorce with a shelf life?

I have no underlying reason to play any more.

I'd be better firing up BL2, or TF2, or any of a number of alterntaves.

Warframe isnt the only game in town, its not even a particularly full featured, polished or inovatave iteration of this manner of game.

Despite the many people who worship the devs they can do wrong, and so far they have.

I mean win me back by all means, but, its on them to do so.

So to understand...

You are complaining that in a FREE farming game, the new content needs to be farmed and wasnt just given to you for logging in...

I think you WOULD be better served not playing this and firing up one of your other games mentioned. However I wouldnt hold on to a personalized campaign to get you back.

All Melee 2.0 in my eyes, is that they removed charge attacks and made it channeling instead and make it a charged attack that now costs energy.

They broke weapons, Glaive is broke, Jat Kittag is broken, which I knew would happen.

Its basically Melee 1.2 and you have to farm a massive @(*()$ RNG wall to UNLOCK Melee 2.0

Classic DE. RNG walls for everyone.

It's not content. It's core gameplay functionality.

Thank you.

More than the RNG, tan the bugs, the broken weapons, you know what brings this game down?

Its the people like you responded to who sycophantically accept everything DE does and cast anything other that starry eyed positivity in the most negative light they can.

If not for people like you who actually get it, I'd have walked by now.

Thank you.

More than the RNG, tan the bugs, the broken weapons, you know what brings this game down?

Its the people like you responded to who sycophantically accept everything DE does and cast anything other that starry eyed positivity in the most negative light they can.

Classic everyone who disagrees is a sycophant and is 'bringing the game down'.  Wonderful attitude, let me know how that goes for you.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Thank you.

You should have walked by now. 

You care TOO much about a free video game. 

Knock that chip off your shoulder and go outside for a bit. You will feel better and the poopy diapers will disappear. You will realize that it is a video game.

Not having fun? Dont play. You dont even need to make a post about it. Just... dont play.

Combos are part of the core functionality of melee 2.0, not allowing players to have even basic ones is not acceptable, even if the branch ultimately doesn't offer anything more powerful or special about it, and it's just a unique swing animation. 
Advanced, 'rare' or more powerful stances sure, those can be grind locked. But denying players any access to the system without first having to grind for it is wrong. 

Personally, stances just give you a fancy looking attack pattern. Yeah it deals serious damage if done right and can do other cool stuff but also melee weapons on their own now are still amazingly good and fun to use. Melee 2.0 did more than just stances. Stances are a bonus. This train of thought is almost like saying Aura mods should be given out immediately too.

They're not 'necessary' to use but they are 'core' to the gameplay.

There is a difference.

The combo system is directly tied to these mods. Players who don't have these mods can't take part in the combo system. It's like being given a frame without powers, or, starting the game without a frame at all and having to make it to Jackal before you can get Rhino.

way too much drama here... you can absolutely rape any mission no matter what level with a unmodded Skana, as Scott said. You have time to farm some mobs for extra mods, its been what a whole 2 days?

sounds like ppl are mad that they are being funneled back to running the star chart instead of farming the void or derelicts all day long. Guess where the Dark Sectors are? hm...

sounds like ppl are mad that they are being funneled back to running the star chart instead of farming the void or derelicts all day long. Guess where the Dark Sectors are? hm...

I do play the star chart and rarely touch anything outside of it. Your point?

And it's not about how long they take to farm, it's that we need to farm at all for even a single stance. And it's not how much damage they do, but that most of the depth of the system that people asked be added in to Melee 2.0 is locked behind grind. 

The first stance i got - for a weapon i could actually use it on.. .was disappointing,

That one unique combo didn't add anything actually useful to the combat. And everything else listed was  stuff we already had - wallruns, spin attacks etc.

They could have at least let stance mods to affect base stats of the weapon - like damage, speed or range.

If not that hard, just have some patience! Me and a seperate person have gotten multiple stances from bosses and defenses and survivals and we live in different timezones + I work so I have limited time already! Was still able to find multiple Scythe Stances on Venus, The Katana one on Earth, Polearm one killing the Mars Boss and a Hammer Stance on Venus boss... just go out and play the game :) 

People Need to relax. I've been playing since closed beta and this game has come a VERY long way. This is the biggest change in the games mechanics since Damage 2.0 which added attributes and things. But this system is changing how people play the game completely. before if you ran out of ammo YOU WERE SCREWED. Stances or not, The melee System is a lot better than its predecessor which is still there in a way... just equip your gun and mash F (or whatever melee key you use). Speaking of Stances are concern I was a little mad at first but at the same time if people were given the stances off the top then that gives you less to work toward and less game to play. Keep in mind the patch was just released 2 days ago. Have some patience, Go play the game and go find the stances, and stop crying. Besides when it comes to You having stances on launch. DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY!!!

It's not so bad that they're drops. The problem is that we've reached the same point we were at six months ago or so, before mod drops were disaggregated by enemy type and the drop tables were so stuffed to the gills with different things that the likelihood of getting any given mod was minuscule.

Now we have the problem that some enemy types show up so seldom that acquiring their items is noticeably tedious. This could be best solved by devoting different systems to high concentrations of certain enemies, e.g. Uranus could be known for having a heavy presence of Grineer Flameblades while very few Flameblades appear elsewhere; Mine Ospreys and Sniper Crewmen could be plentiful on Pluto while Leech Ospreys and Corpus Techs could dominate Neptune. Such a change would have the added benefit of really creating an enemy profile for each planet and making them stick out as well-defined in the player's mind.

So as a practicality it could be better implemented. In terms of lore, however, it doesn't make much sense to me that picking up a card from a dead infested Charger teaches me how to actually wield my gauntlets, but that's a separate thing I guess....

The first stance i got - for a weapon i could actually use it on.. .was disappointing,

That one unique combo didn't add anything actually useful to the combat. And everything else listed was  stuff we already had - wallruns, spin attacks etc.

They could have at least let stance mods to affect base stats of the weapon - like damage, speed or range.

I agree, I found a Scythe Stance and I liked regular attacks better than combos. It takes too much time to use a combo and you get destroyed if you aren't near an enemy.

Melee 2.0, in hindsight, is underwhelming.