Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid The Ultimate Ball-Hog?

Z3ROWOLFHD

Ability 1

Oh you wanted to shoot those guys? Let me knock them down for you when your trying to shoot them already!

Ability 3

Oh you wanted to shoot those enemies? Let me help you by hiding them in come cosmic wormhole made of water![/]

Ability 4

Oh you wanted to shoot those enemies? Let me help you by shaking them all around and prevent you from being able to see anything/aim at any enemy and shoot them!

hYDROID is fairly well balanced . His ultimate is not an insta kill on high levels like other frames . The trap ability is more of a hindrance to hydroid since it does no damage worth talking about . Its 1st ability is more likely to knock himself down than hit anything else . Especially if a branch is in the way .  

Now hydroid is parched . Cry him some more tears so he can kill his thirst . 

I hate Hydroid and Zephyr ultimate. I can barely see the enemy when they get throw around with ridiculous SFX everywhere. It's seriously hamper the shooter part of the game. Other frame power making thing easier to shoot. Only these two new frame ultimate making it harder.

Hydroid isn't that hardcore... I couldn't even use him in the mastery rank 15 test. He is too slow, and any frame in the game can out run him, and do more damage. Not to mention his 4th ability relies on an enemy being in the orange circle when he activates it, and it only rises where they are standing causing a Survivor's Bias.

Hydroid is a lot of show, but not a lot of survival. He is a glass cannon if you pay attention. Alone Hydroid will get downed a lot. My Excalibur still has a higher survival chance, and maneuverability than him. Which is saying a lot. Hydroid isn't even a Nova, or a Zephy. With Nova good chance to kill, and with Zephy you can change the elemental type to do more damage(except it throws oxygen caps... INTO THE CEILING!!!). Hydroid has far better traits at least he DOES NOT THROW OXYGEN INTO THE CEILING. He isn't too trollish. Bring a penta, or other explosive weapon. When he traps high level enemies in the 4th ability that he cannot kill with his ability use explosives to kill them all.

He is good at defense though. BIG TIME. Hydroid, Frost, Vauban, and Trinity=Ideal Defense team.

Ability 1

Oh you wanted to shoot those guys? Let me knock them down for you when your trying to shoot them already!

Ability 3

Oh you wanted to shoot those enemies? Let me help you by hiding them in come cosmic wormhole made of water![/]

Ability 4

Oh you wanted to shoot those enemies? Let me help you by shaking them all around and prevent you from being able to see anything/aim at any enemy and shoot them!

Pretty sure this is still Nova, maybe Zephyr or Ember after that, you know, frames that do nothing for the team.

-something stupid was said about hydroid survivability-

Don't know what you're talking about - I've been doing survival without HuD on ceres and pluto before dark sector rails were unlock and now I go there and play for 20+ to farm up xp and repeat. Didn't need tentacle, undertow or tempest. Just his splash dash to handle mobs/mobility.

Solo - No HUD, regular survival and Dark Sectors content, 20+ minutes without a sweat. Can't say your input has much experience with the frame.

Edited by ViLeDeth

Don't know what you're talking about - I've been doing survival without HuD on ceres and pluto before dark sector rails were unlock and now I go there and play for 20+ to farm up xp and repeat. Didn't need tentacle, undertow or tempest. Just his splash dash to handle mobs/mobility.

Solo - No HUD, regular survival and Dark Sectors content, 20+ minutes without a sweat. Can't say your input has much experience with the frame.

lol I did the same but in reverse.  I don't need to be 'fast'  I'm happy im faster than a frost tbh but I can solo Survival on pluto and I've been up to wave 35 on the DS Defense on Pluto solo as well, while he is frail if you don't use him correctly or in a way that you can use him well enough... [note mine and ViLeDeth's differences] being honest here...  Its more or less not the warframe for your playstyle.  Also 'if' he is that slow for ya then you could use his 'not rhino charge, excal slash dash or zephyrs tailwind'  :P

Edited by Sibarian

lol I did the same but in reverse.  I don't need to be 'fast'  I'm happy im faster than a frost tbh but I can solo Survival on pluto and I've been up to wave 35 on the DS Defense on Pluto solo as well, while he is frail if you don't use him correctly or in a way that you can use him well [note mine and ViLeDeth's differences] then being honest here...  I don't see the issue.  Also 'if' he is that slow for ya then you could use his 'not rhino charge, excal slash dash or zephyrs tailwind'  :P

I did 2 DS defenses - the most boring time of my life, another ODD. Wave 35, stand on a platform and shoot at pod with penta/ogris.

If you're suggesting I'm not using him properly perhaps you should review what I posted in defense of Hydroid. I enjoy the frame and have him forma'd 3 times and soon 2 more times.

Him being average in speed, I simply change my mods to give him a speed boost when I switch gameplay. I wouldn't use undertow unless I wanted to mess with it in other game mods. But for survival I'd rather have his splash dash and his tentacle prob party.

I did 2 DS defenses - the most boring time of my life, another ODD. Wave 35, stand on a platform and shoot at pod with penta/ogris.

If you're suggesting I'm not using him properly perhaps you should review what I posted in defense of Hydroid. I enjoy the frame and have him forma'd 3 times and soon 2 more times.

Him being average in speed, I simply change my mods to give him a speed boost when I switch gameplay. I wouldn't use undertow unless I wanted to mess with it in other game mods. But for survival I'd rather have his splash dash and his tentacle prob party.

No no, you do not understand, I guess it was my fault for quoting you. my post was more an addendum to your defense of hydroid.  I have forma'd him twice, all I need to [simply because I can fit all the mods I want on him] and i feel like he will be one of my most played Warframes in due time even in High end content [level 70+ enemies]

He is a very useful warframe, good caster imo.  I can get his ult to work just fine in level 60-70 territory and maybe even higher, the puddle is a good panic button imo to allow you to regen shields (health if you place down a team health restore nearby it still effects you) or widdle down some enemys health (very ineffective on enemys at level 50+ as far as actually KILLING them lol) while the tentacles are on cooldown [and by cooldown I mean busy elsewhere] or you cannot use bombardment to get enemy's off of you.

[i don't use the dash because I had to sacrifice ONE thing and it was a toss up between the two because I love both but the utility of being able to knock enemys down before they get to you appealed to me more, I can slide attack for damage if i need to move quick even though its not 'as' good and I don't get invincibility from it.]

Edited by Sibarian