Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Wins At Sinai, Jupiter

Zaik_Torek

I don't think you guys quite understand the big picture. Eclipse was the first ones in, and we had all of 24 hours before the contesting rails were up and the conflict began. Now you win, congrats on that, BTW, and another one has decided you're weak enough to take on, having seen what needs to be done in order to win this, and just like before, we the people going into the Dark Sectors have 24 hours.

This is DE's plan entirely. Suck it up, regroup, and change your strategy, otherwise you're going to get crushed.

I know who I'm siding with, if you're gonna whine about how the game is gonna go.

I don't think you quite understand the big picture. Forget about Eclipse, forget about everyone and think about the dark sectors in general.

At the absolute best, you have one day to play dark sector missions before another clan/alliance contests that dark sector. More likely, you have less time due to things like sleep. Then you have anywhere from 17-48 hours of tower contesting missions before you can get back to Ceres to beat on some infested.

This doesn't just affect Eclipse, this affects every group who owns a solar rail. Because solar rails are so cheap and repairing them is so expensive, what's going to happen is that basically every node will be permanently contested forever.

I would throw a rail at a node just to troll it and its a viable strategy of war any way every guild wants to control a rails who is not gonna deploy one on a crippled rail who we know probably will not be able to keep it up.  Eclipse should have thought about this before they threw out 7 of the damned things i wonder how you guys will do in the next 30 hours when your other rails have to repair vaults your vaults get drained with mandatory repair cost.

Edited by LurkenLurker

after reading through all of this, i feel like this aspect of the game must not be very fun.

It needs a lot of work. Like a lot of things in a beta it has plenty of potential, but isn't where it needs to be at the moment.

Take discussion about it with a grain of salt. It is riddled with little kinks because it is rather new and honestly there is a ton of personal bias at work around these forums when people discuss it.

Well, think about it this way.

Set up a tax during the CD, just as you have now. During this period, everyone dives into the Dark Sectors, and a LOT of people will because the Pay, resources, and XP is good enough that 10-15% tax on Resources and/or taxes will not hurt us in the long run. Because we'll just keep going in, and get more moneys, and you'll get a small chunk of the profits.

During this time, you use what you can of the credits and resources you taxed off of the Dark Sector runners and use it to repair your rails.

And when the competition launches their own rails, you should have enough to offer battle pay that is worth our time to defend your territory. Make it worth it, and more will defend you, and the conflict will end faster in your favor.

When the conflict ends, in maybe 12-24 hours, so begins the process again, giving you time to gather resources and credits in order to keep yourself going.

It's Win-Win for you and me. I don't mind the tax, and anyone who doesn't see the benefits to this will just end up crash and burning.

Your Sinai Rails are at 20%ish integrity right now. Are you going to whine about the short cooldown, or make it worth EVERYONE'S Time to ride the Eclipse Express?

I would throw a rail at a node just to troll it

This right here is the problem. Anyone with a small amount of resources (I have enough to fund a solar rail entirely on my lonesome, for example) can shut off access to a dark sector for 48 hours, with there being only one day for people to actually enjoy that dark sector regardless of who wins because as soon as one battle's over, someone is going to hit that 'deploy rail' button again and restart the whole cycle.

If you ever want battlepay, you're going to have to accept tax. I think I speak for all of us when running these trash-tier invasions for 100 credits is hardly worth it.

How about no?   How about we just let the endless train of new challengers take the node from you and give us 0% tax in return.  That seems like the best option to me as an independent player.

How about no?   How about we just let the endless train of new challengers take the node from you and give us 0% tax in return.  That seems like the best option to me as an independent player.

Issue being that now that people actually know how the tax system works (and how much it costs to repair rails), there's going to be no 0 tax rails. As soon as that promised "0 tax rail" wins, they're going to have to charge a tax just to get enough to repair their rail from the damage they took against the incumbent. No clan or alliance has enough money to keep a rail going for more than a week or so without taxes.

Well, think about it this way.

Set up a tax during the CD, just as you have now. During this period, everyone dives into the Dark Sectors, and a LOT of people will because the Pay, resources, and XP is good enough that 10-15% tax on Resources and/or taxes will not hurt us in the long run. Because we'll just keep going in, and get more moneys, and you'll get a small chunk of the profits.

During this time, you use what you can of the credits and resources you taxed off of the Dark Sector runners and use it to repair your rails.

And when the competition launches their own rails, you should have enough to offer battle pay that is worth our time to defend your territory. Make it worth it, and more will defend you, and the conflict will end faster in your favor.

When the conflict ends, in maybe 12-24 hours, so begins the process again, giving you time to gather resources and credits in order to keep yourself going.

It's Win-Win for you and me. I don't mind the tax, and anyone who doesn't see the benefits to this will just end up crash and burning.

Your Sinai Rails are at 20%ish integrity right now. Are you going to whine about the short cooldown, or make it worth EVERYONE'S Time to ride the Eclipse Express?

This...this makes sense to me.

I'm a one man clan and I plan to lock down a rail as soon as there is any break from other people locking them down.  Why?  Because it is a ludicrous amount of time to have a conflict.  Conflicts should be a fixed amount of runs and take 6 hours, not 48.  That way someone can smash your rail if you're sleeping. 

This right here is the problem. Anyone with a small amount of resources (I have enough to fund a solar rail entirely on my lonesome, for example) can shut off access to a dark sector for 48 hours, with there being only one day for people to actually enjoy that dark sector regardless of who wins because as soon as one battle's over, someone is going to hit that 'deploy rail' button again and restart the whole cycle.

All i have to say is Eclipse and The other Clan actually had a good fight  were they both shelled out acceptable battle pay the war didn't even last the full 48 hours stop whining about 48 hours if eclipse was shelling out say 20k cred the battle probably wouldn't have even lasted 10 hours.There 27 darks sectors and if each of the clans holding them tax players then the tax is returned to the player as battle pay for defending the rail. If you cant see how free rails are actually hurting darks sectors right now i don't know what to say. Taxes on rails aren't a bad thing as long as the guild in control is shelling out high battle pay from the taxes they got you're getting you tax money back how can no one not see this system for what it is.

How about the attacker pays restitution in the amount of repair cost. I can actually deal with a small tax but I do not want to deal with clan wars over sectors.

I do agree that the loser should pay a portion of the winner's repair cost (and if they don't have enough to pay the allotted portion, then it should empty their vault to pay as much of the portion - not full 15 million - as possible).

Edited by AntoineFlemming

All i have to say is Eclipse and The other Clan actually had a good fight  were they both shelled out acceptable battle pay the war didn't even last the full 48 hours stop whining about 48 hours if eclipse was shelling out say 20k cred the battle probably wouldn't have even lasted 10 hours.There 27 darks sectors and if each of the clans holding them tax players then the tax is returned to the player as battle pay for defending the rail. If you cant see how free rails are actually hurting darks sectors right now i don't know what to say. Taxes on rails aren't a bad thing as long as the guild in control is shelling out high battle pay from the taxes they got you're getting you tax money back how can no one not see this system for what it is.

Do you have any idea what I'm saying at all? Because this isn't much of a rebuttal to that at all. :|

Why should you get a CD between contests?

This is a territory war. There are more would-be land owners than there are spaces to own.

If you want to stick on the map you need to fight to own that piece of map. Especially if you intend to hold multiple areas under the name of one Alliance.

I have a couple of new concerns:

1) 24 hours open rail vs up to 48 closed seems like a bad availability ratio. Time will tell if this holds true.

2) Rails a cheap to build, but expensive to maintain. What is the possibility of a couple of clans deciding to build a rail, nor actively defend it, and just relay it as a challenge after its destroyed?

I have a couple of new concerns:

1) 24 hours open rail vs up to 48 closed seems like a bad availability ratio. Time will tell if this holds true.

2) Rails a cheap to build, but expensive to maintain. What is the possibility of a couple of clans deciding to build a rail, nor actively defend it, and just relay it as a challenge after its destroyed?

This occurs to me as well. But really, considering what these areas are really for, if it becomes too tedious to go on the offensive or difficult to rout a Defender the system could stagnate. It can't be too long a wait for the ability to contest a zone.

This is even more evidence that the costs and times and numbers involved in this system will need to change.

I wont say that a forced peacetime period is necessary just yet (before any numbers start to get looked at), but it is possible it will be.

In the mean time, I think DE should probably nail down and fix the fact that the actual Rail Sabotage missions are incredibly unrewarding. The Specter Tenno don't even drop anything. They're incredibly boring once the fun of shootin little vegetable brained Tenno wears out.

you guys get 24 hours to repair thats you CD so suck it up your now also charging a 20% credits tax i see 

We build the rail, defend the rail and now have to repair the rail. You're lucky the alliance doesn't listen to me because I've been advocating taxing the hell out of it.

The "24 hour repair time" is hardly a grace period. It doesn't just affect Eclipse, it affects the people who want to access the dark sectors, right? Would you rather be fighting the infested again, or doing the contested rail missions for 48 hours?

It only affects the alliance actually. The rails will desync with each other as destruction times differ, and those of us who don't care about posturing and politics will always have several dark sectors available.

I suspect it won't take more than a week.