The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Statement On Credit Taxes [Update]

-CM-True

Not even part of a clan that can participate in Dark Sectors yet it seems pretty obvious that you set the tax because you knew that you have a monopoly on dark sectors for the next 25 hours.  Regardless of whether or not that's the actual case you genuinely picked a bad time to screw up and there are few people that would legitimately take your word for it.

At the very least, you aren't BRs like warbros running around spamming the forums but you should've expected backlash since you have majority control of the dark sectors in the game and apparently promised entirely taxless dark sectors, which meant this should've been a nonissue in the first place.

From what I understand, the majority of Warbros left the game and I don't think the ones left care about the Dark Sectors so long as the tax is 0%.

To be honest, I'm happy that there'll be less toxic behaviour from them and I'm glad that their new leadership is looking out for the community's best interests.

I mean really, why should I have to shave off an arm and a leg for Eclipse? If they're happy to have their name on pretty much all of the dark sectors then they should expect to front the costs. If they don't like it then tough cookies, they can buzz off and let a better alliance host the nodes.

I'm trying to crunch numbers for balance reasons and have a few questions...

1. about how many missions are run per hour during peacetime?

2. about how many missions are run per hour during wartime?

3. do you believe you can actually generate enough credits from Sinai's monopoly to afford higher battle pay?

4. how many missions does it take to actually win a conflict?  I heard 75,000 once before.  Is this correct?

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Well, this is getting funny. 

Why should players pay for your repairs? Let the next invader win and set the 0% tax. 

Also if your rail is not at 100% it will be destroyed faster so we'll have less time the sector being locked out.

^agreed.

the host themselves should be paying for the repairs.

if you'r poor, pray hard that no one fight for ur node.

I mean really, why should I have to shave off an arm and a leg for Eclipse? If they're happy to have their name on pretty much all of the dark sectors then they should expect to front the costs. If they don't like it then tough cookies, they can buzz off and let a better alliance host the nodes.

^agreed.

this repairs are all on Eclipse. not us.

is either they set to 0% and suffer lost from repair cost, and conflict from challenger.

or

set to higher tax % and suffer even more from having most of the non-alliance/conflicting player fighting for challenger.

I'm trying to crunch numbers for balance reasons and have a few questions...

1. about how many missions are run per hour during peacetime?

2. about how many missions are run per hour during wartime?

3. do you believe you can actually generate enough credits from Sinai's monopoly to afford higher battle pay?

4. how many missions does it take to actually win a conflict?  I heard 75,000 once before.  Is this correct?

i hear from an alliance member.

he did 300 runs and the hp drop by 4%, which there's some other exnternal factors.

that is 0.0133% per run.

which means you need more than 7518.8 runs to destroy a rail. based by info provided by 1 member.

unsure if the number of member per run will increase the amount of damage deal to rail anot. like the corpus capture event.

Edited by low1991

rich1.jpg

I don't understand all the complaints....

I've actually been making really good money off these battle pay.

Considering the run only takes like 3-5 minutes, I can't wait to see higher battle pays!

plenty of decent battle pay rewards. which are fueled by taxes, that already give a fair amount of money great resources and boosters for you gear, and all you lose running it is some nano spore and a few credits......win win in my book

No alliance can keep rails tax free now that we understand the mechanics. Do you people not get this? 0% tax is never going to happen anymore from anybody.

Don't you get it though? Nobody cares. The great Tenno have been reduced to a bunch of common mercenaries. 

They brag about their massive reserve of credits, yet they turn their backs and growl when they don't receive what they expected. They will only fight if the situation favors them.

Alad V calls the Grineer "Dogs"? We are the real dogs here.

Don't you get it though? Nobody cares. The great Tenno have been reduced to a bunch of common mercenaries. 

They brag about their massive reserve of credits, yet they turn their backs and growl when they don't receive what they expected. They will only fight if the situation favors them.

Alad V calls the Grineer "Dogs"? We are the real dogs here.

he's talking about game mechanics and ur um role playing.

i don't see the problem with 5% taxes, battle pay covers it

The system is not designed to be run with no tax. There are over 250,000 clans in the game and only 26(?) nodes. They will always be contested and the owner has to make enough cash during the next contender's deployment period to fund millions in repairs and offer battle pay for the coming fight. That is not sustainable without a tax. 

By playing the uncontested sector you are getting a lot more xp and a resource boost. Zero tax is noble but giving up 20% of your credits for that extra xp isn't really a huge deal. Of course you could always make that back in battle pay. Higher taxes = higher battle pay... hopefully.

Edited by TenzUK

i hear from an alliance member.

he did 300 runs and the hp drop by 4%, which there's some other exnternal factors.

that is 0.0133% per run.

which means you need more than 7518.8 runs to destroy a rail. based by info provided by 1 member.

unsure if the number of member per run will increase the amount of damage deal to rail anot. like the corpus capture event.

Eclipse's Sinai solar rail is at 41%, which means that it took users 4436 runs, or 59%

At a battlepay  of 5,100, it means that the enemy alliance have lost 22,62,360 from all those runs.

That's quite a lot.

Edited by Voratius

What happened is The Lords of the East declared battle on Sinai and cost Eclipse 78% of their rail health.  They now have to conduct extensive repairs.  Be mad at Lords of the East, play a different rail, support the invaders, but don't be mad at Eclipse for raising the bare minimum tax required to pay for upkeep.

Welcome to dark sectors. You dont get to keep your rail just cause you were first in line. Prepare to be ousted by the next clan offering 0 taxes. If you want the privelage of having your clan/alliance name on a dark sector, be prepared to pay for it. No one cares about you needing to break even.

new rails are cheap, always support the invader!

And yes then everyone gets lock out.

Remember it takes 500k to throw in a rail.

But if no one does anything to it for 48 hours, it will be a road block for 48 hours.

Let's all try this.

Just dump the rail there just to oppose.

No one attacks each other's rails.

Let everyone be deprived of solar rails for nearly 4 days a weeks.

Edited by fatpig84

And yes then everyone gets lock out.

Remember it takes 500k to throw in a rail.

But if no one does anything to it for 48 hours, it will be a road block for 48 hours.

Let's all try this.

Just dump the rail there just to oppose.

No one attacks each other's rails.

Let everyone be deprived of solar rails for nearly 4 days a weeks.

You cant honestly expect the thousands of clans in this game to cooperate with you.

You cant honestly expect the thousands of clans in this game to cooperate with you.

I know.

But that is how rail warfare IS fought.

Look at the majority of the conflict rails, most of them aren't even below 50% hp.

Clans and alliances, big or small are just throwing 0% rails at 0% rails just for the lolz.

So yeah, let's all support the invaders and toss more rails at each other. :o

Edited by fatpig84

354164-2758-33.jpg

Dude.....

Looks like I'm putting your taxes in my wallet..

Might want to take advantage of the battle pay increases Eclipse is advertising in game.

I am personally ok with this type of public service! (These guys are giving back to the community!)

Might want to hurry up and grab your loot, these guys are raising the battle pay each time they need to restore the support.

Lets see how long they can keep up this rediculus battle pay increase promotion!

dontgetmadgetmoney-3.jpg

I know.

But that is how rail warfare IS fought.

Look at the majority of the conflict rails, most of them aren't even below 50% hp.

Clans and alliances, big or small are just throwing 0% rails at 0% rails just for the lolz.

So yeah, let's all support the invaders and toss more rails at each other. :o

because the missions suck, people are not going to bother replaying same boring sabotage for 100 times

500k for new rail is nothing compared to repairs cost, so lets kill the old taxed rail to free the sector faster and new owner will have 0% tax - makes sence from both points

because the missions suck, people are not going to bother replaying same boring sabotage for 100 times

Bro, I can run the battle missions in like 3 to 5 minutes and get PAID....thats EASY money!

With A competitve battle pay one could really make good credits by just running 5 of these missions

thats what...15-25 minutes of your time, with a good battle pay you could easily walk away with 50K

Not bad IMO!

Edited by 2ply

Bro, I can run the battle missions in like 3 to 5 minutes and get PAID....thats EASY money!

With A competitve battle pay one could really make good credits by just running 5 of these missions

thats what...15-25 minutes of your time, with a good battle pay you could easily walk away with 50K

Not bad IMO!

yes it takes 2-and-half minutes to copter, flip some switches and copter to the exit

But clans dont have money to pay for all the thousands of runs, look at the pay for every conflict there is - its laughable. Highest pay yesterday was 6000 on only one node and it lasted for very short time.

Open Dark Sectors offer much better guaranteed pay and more interesting game modes. 

Edited by Monolake

500k for new rail is nothing compared to repairs cost, so lets kill the old taxed rail to free the sector faster and new owner will have 0% tax - makes sence from both points

Yes and that same new rail who goes in will need to be repaired.

So you guess it, taxes.

So let's attack them again amirite ?

Not all alliances/clans are going to be so generous to throw 500k credits and resources just for an item that gets destroyed every 2 days. You can bet your 2 credits worth they will tax it, even no matter how tiny, until the 24 hr window is open and let another challenger hose it down.

Then they will raise the battle pay and ensure the opposing rail gets wreaked as well even if it isn't destroyed.

It's a cycle.

Edited by fatpig84

Battle pay doesn't give resources and the credit amount is up to the rail owner. Unless they're offering rewards in the 5 digit area I really wouldn't bother with them at all. I'd rather support those who promise free rails and leave those unknown variables out of the equation.

The resources are icing, the best thing about dark sectors are the XP bonuses :|