Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnets - A Warframes Nemesis

Navarc

Freezing with ice damage does not freeze down the warframe, only barely slows them. The tenno inside is enough to heat up the massive hunk of metal that surrounds them for them to continue moving and be a killing machine. They're not 100% slowed.

Bleeding with sharp damage cannot stop the tenno. They don't only have superior biology that can stop their bleeding automatically but even heal their open wounds instantly. They don't lose 100% health.

Burning with fire damage is pointless. The tenno inside is barely injured and just as bleeding, the wounds heal.  They don't lose 100% health.

Shocking with electricity damage has to be repeated and happen during an extended time. If you stop for even a moment the shield that surrounds the warframe will recharge itself miraculously.

But there is an ancient orokin technology that their toddlers played with that can annihilate the warframes and make them useless metal scraps.

0f000d6000fe38f9bf50645b309738ec_____mag

Magnets.

Magnetize the warframes and you have a chance to take the tenno down.

Get rid of your cleavers, get magnets. Get rid of bullets, shoot magnets. They are the future.

Magnetizing the warframe does more than just drain energy.

- Removes 100% of all energy from the tenno, even if they have more than 400 saved up.

- Stops them from getting more energy for an amount of time, causing their automatic energy pickups to become wasted and worthless.
- The tenno is now unable to see how hurt they are and the tenno around them, it's not like they can feel how hurt they are, they have to physically see it apparently.

All other status effects are worthless compared to magnetizing. It needs to be made equal to the others.

I'm more than happy with the current state of magnetic status vs Tenno. It's essentially the only threatening proc (except for toxin and slash at high levels) and it adds an element of urgency to the gameplay.

More importantly, virtually every source of magnetic disruption can be stopped in some way. Don't run through grineer trap doors. Dodge/block/kill disruptors. Stay away from Vay Hek. The only ones I have trouble stopping are the drones released by Techs.

Even better, you almost always survive the disruption and fight through it, coming out on top at the end. That sort of panic and success is definitely fun (at least to me). Losing all of your energy is a pain, though. I'd rather you were just disrupted and unable to gain energy or use abilities.

I'm more than happy with the current state of magnetic status vs Tenno. It's essentially the only threatening proc (except for toxin and slash at high levels) and it adds an element of urgency to the gameplay.

More importantly, virtually every source of magnetic disruption can be stopped in some way. Don't run through grineer trap doors. Dodge/block/kill disruptors. Stay away from Vay Hek. The only ones I have trouble stopping are the drones released by Techs.

Even better, you almost always survive the disruption and fight through it, coming out on top at the end. That sort of panic and success is definitely fun (at least to me). Losing all of your energy is a pain, though. I'd rather you were just disrupted and unable to gain energy or use abilities.

A "silence" or a slow drain on the energy would beat losing everything instantly from an ancient or so would still be better.

Also you can now only wear melee if you want to and in melee it's not possible to reach the grineer magnet doors except a few select weapons with either enough size or can be used from range.

Magnetic leaders have no counter, no telegraphing, ignore line of sight and cannot be defended against (read: iron skin and link do nothing). They need fixing, all the others can be dealt with.

A "silence" or a slow drain on the energy would beat losing everything instantly from an ancient or so would still be better.

Also you can now only wear melee if you want to and in melee it's not possible to reach the grineer magnet doors except a few select weapons with either enough size or can be used from range.

If you're worried about magnet doors you could

you know

bring another weapon.

If you're going to a tileset that you know that they're in, bring a sidearm for them. Prepare and adapt.

you know

bring another weapon.

If you're going to a tileset that you know that they're in, bring a sidearm for them. Prepare and adapt.

And lose EXP for one status being broken as hell.

you know

bring another weapon.

Wasn't this update called "sword alone" for a good reason?

Edited by DoomFruit

Silly Corpus. Silly Grineer. You think you have won because of your petty magnets? You think they will save you?

Ash has been meditating, and he has discovered the true power of the ancient steel used to forge the Dragon Nikana.

The steel fibers, when coursing with energy, can bend the very magnetic waves you harness around the wielder of the blade.

Your magnetic doors? Useless! Your magnetic leaders? Useless! You are nothing but obstacles in Ash's way.

(Blocking stops magnetic procs)

Silly Corpus. Silly Grineer. You think you have won because of your petty magnets? You think they will save you?

Ash has been meditating, and he has discovered the true power of the ancient steel used to forge the Dragon Nikana.

The steel fibers, when coursing with energy, can bend the very magnetic waves you harness around the wielder of the blade.

Your magnetic doors? Useless! Your magnetic leaders? Useless! You are nothing but obstacles in Ash's way.

(Blocking stops magnetic procs)

Being able to block it doesn't mean it's in balance with how the other statuses are. It's clearly overpowered compared to the rest which is what this thread is about.

Being able to block it doesn't mean it's in balance with how the other statuses are. It's clearly overpowered compared to the rest which is what this thread is about.

Except it is the only status that doesn't get proc'd by enemy ranged attacks. Lancer's can cause slash, Fusion MOA can cause fire, but the only way to get magnet proc'd is to let it happen. As Stephanovich pointed out, you can even block magnet doors if you don't have a gun. It's fine for it to be powerful if you can avoid it (whereas you can't avoid Lancer slash procs due to hitscan)

Magnetic Leaders aside, because (while I've never actually found them) having ANYTHING that there is no counterplay to is unfair and unfun.

Edited by ZayTM