Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did We Betray The Orokin?

Lqn8r

Is there a real canonical reason why we did it? The only thing people say is because of the need for balance. But is this actually supported by the game or the devs, or is it just a theory? I'm just curious if this is actually supported or just a load of speculation.

There are theories

I still stick with this: what we saw in the void towers that orokin can and will control both organic and synthethic beings to achieve their goals, it is possible that orokin wanted to achieve galactic domination through this method, tenno are the keepers of balance i guess they fulfilled their duty in this case.

Edited by Morgax

Is there a real canonical reason why we did it? The only thing people say is because of the need for balance. But is this actually supported by the game or the devs, or is it just a theory? I'm just curious if this is actually supported or just a load of speculation.

There are few theories & speculations but there's also a lore leak somewhere in the forum where somehow the Lotus has a hand in the rebellion..

Some of the theories/speculations found in the lore debate threads:

1. The Tenno were created by some form of experiments by the Orokin & the rebellion were some sort of vigilante vengeance (speculated from ember's codex)

2. The Orokin may have been a tyrannical empire & have "unholy"(or just bad) motives & the Tenno revolt to prevent it.

3. The Lotus' influence lead to the betrayal ( not sure what the motives are).

4. There were no loyalty to the Orokin from the Tenno (reasons vary) 

5. Bad &#! space ninja don't feel like they should be conquered. 

6. The Tenno were "mind controlled" by Neural Sentry(?) implemented by the Orokin in an attempt to control them & The Lotus freed them. (speculated from the gold parts of the Prime frames that looks similar like the corrupteds)

Edited by Veridantus

Probably because they were douchebags.

Have you read Ember's lore? They sent children into the void.

Correction, they sent fully manned military ships into the Void. The Void sent back ships empty of everyone except children... that burned people who touched them. 

The reason that I know of is:

(NOTICE, THIS IS ALL THEORY! I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON A FANFICTION THAT'LL TELL SOME THINGS ABOUT THIS!)

The Tenno are improved soldiers of the army of Orokins, we fought  for them and died for them, created only to kill. 

Speculation one:

Once the Old War was over the Tenno where bathed in silk and gold, praised by the people of the Orokin empire. All was over and peace was restored, yet some thought the Orokin's where tyrants, claimers of what should have been the Tenno lands. The Lotus is an AI that fosters and takes care of the Tenno in the old war, she was chosen to lead and tell the Tenno what to do. She only wanted the best for the Tenno. She believed they where the rightful owners of the land the Orokins hold, since they where the ones that saved them. She was only doing what her programming told her to-do, seek the best for the Tenno. And so she sent the Tenno to kill them all, seeing as they where unrightful  owners. 

Speculation Two (unlikely);

The Tenno only knew how to kill so they decided to kill the Orokins, and then after went to their cryogenic sleep for more things to kill later on. Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill.

It was all they knew how to do. 

Speculation Three (Most likely one of all):

The Sentients had won. The more advanced my weapons became, the stronger the enemy.
They adapted, learned fast, used technology far superior to my own.

My creators set me a new task. In their desperation they wanted to send the best warriors still standing to the Void.
To harness the energy in that place I constructed a device, a focus to spare the fragile mind.
As they returned, changed and twisted, they put fear into the Hearts of my Masters.

The Tenno Project was cancelled. I begged for mercy, for unity. Through the Neural Sentry I was connected to them all.
I guided them and together we built frames around the Tenno, the saviors.

With guns and blade, weapons of the Past, my Tenno fought and forced the Sentients into retreat.
The long conflict was finally over.

It was then that the great Deception became clear.
In front of all eyes of the Empire, the Tenno were gathered in the arena.
The smiles and drums masked their fear and ill intent.
They tried to hide it from me, the enslavement of my Tenno. The termination of the Lotus Program.

I let rage flow though the link, we were One, united in battle.
As the last ceremonial drumbeat filled the stadium, the Tenno struck as one.

I was saved. We were free at last.

- The Lotus Network Archives
Edited by MegaSnail

Correction, they sent fully manned military ships into the Void. The Void sent back ships empty of everyone except children... that burned people who touched them. 

That one is a hard read, if you read the investigator as having a mocking, almost sarcastic tone, then yes, the Orokin sent children on that ship, if he's being truthful, then either the crew of the ship was turned into children, or those children literally came from the void.

That one is a hard read, if you read the investigator as having a mocking, almost sarcastic tone, then yes, the Orokin sent children on that ship, if he's being truthful, then either the crew of the ship was turned into children, or those children literally came from the void.

Beat me to it.

There's nothing about the Void sending anything of it's own, on it's own. Look back at Excalibur's lore. Out of desperation, they took advantage of the Void and used the people who returned from it.

Edited by FatalX7

Or the ship had both adults and children, but only the children returned.

I am not sure that this is quite the way things are, but this is what I initially thought when reading the lore:

The Sentients that the Orokin were at war with were actually humans. At first, the Orokin had a huge technological advantage over humanity, but eventually the humans found out how to reverse engineer their tech, and use it against them. Sometimes, humans traveling through the void would get lost. The Orokin started collecting them and built Warframes to help control their powers, and to weaponize them. They also brainwashed them into thinking that they were Orokin, and that humanity was their enemy. Hayden Tenno/Excaliber was the first.

The Tenno gave the Orokin the edge they needed to win the conflict, and they finally managed to force the remnants of humanity to flee the system. But at some point during the fighting, the Tenno discovered that they were fighting their own kind, and once the Orokin were vulnerable during their victory celebrations, the Tenno turned on them. The Orokin then fled into the void, and the remnants of humanity moved back into the system.

Afterwards, the Tenno went into cryosleep to let humanity follow its own path, until a time when they were needed again.

I think it's because the Orokin were scared we'd turn on them, us engines of destruction, without guidance or purpose (the war against the Sentients) I'm guessing they ordered our death, but we found out about it before they had a chance to give the order, and we slaughtered them on that day the stalker speaks about in the Codex.