Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did We Betray The Orokin?

Lqn8r

Correction, they sent fully manned military ships into the Void. The Void sent back ships empty of everyone except children... that burned people who touched them. 

Further correction, Kaleen was burned somehow when she broke quarantine. There is not actual explanation of how it happened. 

And there is also no explanation why the Tenno apparently began to kill the Orokin. Lore on the past is too vague to come up with any solid reason, every thrown here is just theories of what may have happened. We have to wait till they that lore-hunting part of the game gets added to start figuring stuff out. 

My theory is that after the war was won the Orokin were going to shut down and destroy all the Warframes and Warframe production since they were all created with Infested-tech which is not something good. The Tenno probably didnt want to go back to being normal people and wanted to develop their society more, they wanted to do things like create pirate-frames for some reason so they decided to take over. But the Orokin had a backup plan and all their tech disappeared so the Tenno were left with nothing. They then decided to go to sleep until enough time had passed and the tech advanced enough to restart the Warframe programs. Which is where we are now. The Tenno lost their memories so they are now being used by the Lotus to mess around the Solar System.

Is there a real canonical reason why we did it? The only thing people say is because of the need for balance. But is this actually supported by the game or the devs, or is it just a theory? I'm just curious if this is actually supported or just a load of speculation.

Think about it like this you notice in the orokin tilsets that there are LOTS of Lotus themed designs correct?

What is to say that we were not commanded by Lotus long ago?

The Lotus would've had seen the imbalance of power that the orokin had after the great war, due to their massive amounts of weaponry left over, and saw them as a threat to the order of things. 

So in response, she commanded us to kill them in order to stabilize the order of power in the universe, or solar system.

Tenno have one simple purpose, to kill and loot everything in sight, as the war ended they ran out of things to kill and loot so they decided to go after the biggest fish they could kill and loot and that was the orokin, after they fleed tenno decided to go to cryosleep untill something worth killing and looting appeared....

And then grineer, corpus and the infested happened and whe are now back in the killing and looting business.

Another option would be actually real lore stuff but we have little to no lore about the past.

I'm well aware of embers codex and the similarities of the orokin symbol and lotus. However, I was asking for why we did it. Sure, the orokin possibly experimented to make kids into tenno but the spartans in halo had that happen as well. Both were experimented on without their permission and both were secretive. Kids would be more vulnerable to manipulation so I'm not sure why they would seek vengeance. The spartans were aware of the processes they went through and never revolted because they believed they were there to save humanity. Why couldn't the orokin just do that since they were fighting the sentients to survive? The orokin obviously had no conscience pangs while doing but the UNSC did for the spartan project. Also the similarities don't mean anything really. They don't give anyone actual proof as for all we know, it could just be a coincidence. Therefore the link could just mean lotus worked for the orokin or nothing at all. The theory is a good conjecture but it might not be true.

The way I see it.

The Sentients had won. The more advanced my weapons became, the stronger the enemy.
They adapted, learned fast, used technology far superior to my own.

My creators set me a new task. In their desperation they wanted to send the best warriors still standing to the Void.
To harness the energy in that place I constructed a device, a focus to spare the fragile mind.
As they returned, changed and twisted, they put fear into the Hearts of my Masters.

The Tenno Project was cancelled. I begged for mercy, for unity. Through the Neural Sentry I was connected to them all.
I guided them and together we built frames around the Tenno, the saviors.

With guns and blade, weapons of the Past, my Tenno fought and forced the Sentients into retreat.
The long conflict was finally over.

It was then that the great Deception became clear.
In front of all eyes of the Empire, the Tenno were gathered in the arena.
The smiles and drums masked their fear and ill intent.
They tried to hide it from me, the enslavement of my Tenno. The termination of the Lotus Program.

I let rage flow though the link, we were One, united in battle.
As the last ceremonial drumbeat filled the stadium, the Tenno struck as one.

I was saved. We were free at last.

- The Lotus Network Archives

Quite a while back there was a lot of focus on how the Tenno fight for balance (i.e they will not support the galaxy having a single ruler). Although the desire for balance would mainly come from The Lotus (to keep balance between the Corpus and Grineer), we could just assume that The Lotus was always around to guide the Tenno, even before the uprising. Who The Lotus is and what her motivations are still not known so there's little point in trying to figure that out.

We know that the Tenno came out of the void, but not where they originally came from (if they had another point of origin or if they were born in/beyond the void), but in either case we can consider the Tenno not to be Orokin, as they could either be 'corrupted' (I'll use that term loosely) Orokin or something else entirely. Then if we read the website, it says that the Tenno are only loyal to each other, and since they're not Orokin, they're not loyal to the Orokin.

Now here comes my theory.

The Tenno allegiance with the Orokin was only circumstantial due to the fact that the Sentients were at the time the greater force (as stated in Excaliburs codex entry). The Orokin losing the war would mean that the Sentients would be the sole ruler, that was until the Orokin 'created' the Tenno, who fought with the Orokin to restore balance. But in the end, the Sentients were wiped out, and the scales were tipped in the Orokin favor, now they would rule instead. Since the Tenno loyalty to the Orokin was only superficial, once the Sentients were gone the Tenno decided that the Orokin should disappear too, so that neither of them could rule, and thus creating a balance (where everyone's dead). Then since there weren't anyone left around to disrupt the balance, the Tenno went into cryosleep for when the balance would be upset again. And that's where we are today.

The way I see it.

The Sentients had won. The more advanced my weapons became, the stronger the enemy.

My creators set me a new task. In their desperation they wanted to send the best warriors still standing to the Void.

To harness the energy in that place I constructed a device, a focus to spare the fragile mind.

As they returned, changed and twisted, they put fear into the Hearts of my Masters.

The Tenno Project was cancelled. I begged for mercy, for unity. Through the Neural Sentry I was connected to them all.

With guns and blade, weapons of the Past, my Tenno fought and forced the Sentients into retreat.

They tried to hide it from me, the enslavement of my Tenno. The termination of the Lotus Program.

Dude, yes.  Period.

my bet is that the Tenno suffer from post traumatic stress syndrom from being used as war machines since childhood. Some Tenno might have felt threatened by the cheering crowd as they were honored and descided to attack. the others simply followed to defend their brothers and sisters, thinking a new war had started.

when finally reaising what they had done, it was to much for their minds and their brains sort of shut down. the people who were left put te tenno in cryopods and hid them somewhere safely untill a time where they could find a way to controll them again.

now, thousands of years later the Lotus organisation  found a way to controll the Tenno, and here we are.

that's purely speculation ofcourse.

Edited by marbatico

my bet is that the Tenno sufer from post traumatic stress syndrom from being used as war machines since childhood. Some Tenno might have felt threatened by the cheering crowd as they wre honored and descided to attack. the others simply followed to defend their brothers and sisters, thinking a new war had started.

when finally reaising what they had done, it was to much for their minds and their brains sort of shut down. the people who were left put te tenno in cryopods and hid them somewhere safely untill a time where they could find a way to controll them again.

now, thousands of years later the Lotus organisation  found a way to controll the Tenno, and here we are.

that's purely speculation ofcourse.

We already figured it out,

Here you go:

We already figured it out,

Here you go:

is that fanfiction or is it actual lore? because i've never seen or heard that before

is that fanfiction or is it actual lore? because i've never seen or heard that before

Fanfiction lore, but there are references that Lotus was around at the time of the betrayal and was the one who put the Tenno to sleep saying she would wake us when needed.

It's probably pretty damned close to the truth, and better than my theory:

48630777.jpg

Edited by Gelkor

The Lotus is an AI we can say, but she also has emotions and acted much like a mother figure to us. She gave the order, we obeyed and then the Lotus and those she worked with needed a place to hide us, and so we were put in cryosleep. As to where we came from, I doubt that we are human. Hayden Tenno never really had the powers we had even with Technocyte virus, that just formed the living armor and glaive. Perhaps we are just those children, alien in origin, but resembling humans. We may be the actual only alien race in the Warframe universe. The Orokin were probably humans, the grineer genetically mutated humans, corpus robots and humans, and even the technocyte was only a technological virus that used living organisms as a basis. We had powers to burn and manipulate the areas around us as in the lore story long before they gave us the suits. Perhaps after years of being locked away with the virus, the tenno and the virus eventually became one. The virus not to be confused with their suits, had been inside of them making them entirely inhuman. We are a new race, not the same tenno that disappeared millennia ago. Then again that's just a theory. The reason why we follow the Lotus? She is installed into the virus or perhaps she is the virus. Just a more advanced version with human emotions. The reason the Stalker hunts us? He and probably a few others are descendants or are a group of tenno that did not have the Lotus installed, and were thus taken advantage of by a third party whether it be sentients, the Void, corpus, or the Grineer. Another theory is that we are the sentients with warframes, which is why we have powers the original tenno did not.