Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Stances Mods?

Killerdude8

probably to not pigeonhole Players and allow them to use whichever Weapon they think is cool with whichever Combo's they think are cool.

that being said, the Combo's are still archetype locked... i kind've wish they weren't. but hey, i can imagine a Staff Stance on... Dual Swords wouldn't really make much sense when you looked at it.

Nah, I like the fact they are mods, what they should have done is given every weapon a default stance mod that has 1 or 2 different combos besides the normal attack combo. Then that way we could mess around with it while hunting for the better ones.

that being said, the Combo's are still archetype locked... i kind've wish they weren't. but hey, i can imagine a Staff Stance on... Dual Swords wouldn't really make much sense when you looked at it.

My guess is this is a really vanilla Melee 2.0 still. They're going to release quite a few more stance mods as they come up with new ideas and code the animations for them.

Because stances only add combos. All the awesome new content is there except those particular combos. Nothing else changes.

You expected any and all new content to just be handed to you on a silver platter?

No, I expected to be actually able to play it, So far, I haven't experienced the Fabled Melee 2.0.

No, I expected to be actually able to play it, So far, I haven't experienced the Fabled Melee 2.0.

heres what you do, go to xini (or any other higher leveled corpus defense/survival) and kill. and kill and kill and kill killkilkkiikkkklllllllllllllllllllllllllllll until you either go insane or get one of the many stances the corpus can drop.

They seem just as rare as Aura mods to me, but the difference here is you can actually play to get them instead of wait hours for them to appear. I think this is a good thing because of all the complaints after Vauban and other rare alerts. People wanted the content to at least be farmable instead of based on if you're asleep or awake or at work/school when the alert shows up.

But yes, they are awfully hard to find. This is most likely because they give mods points to your weapons, which is a big deal.

Because stances only add combos. All the awesome new content is there except those particular combos. Nothing else changes.

You expected any and all new content to just be handed to you on a silver platter?

From other games, yes.

From Warframe, no, not really.

If you ask me this is like Tactical Knife attachments in FPS games. YOU HAVE TO USE AN ATTACHMENT TO HOLD A KNIFE UNDER YOUR PISTOL! In WF's case you have to use a mod to swing your Galatine. -.-

The thing is, in the world of FPS's they've run out of duck tape, so you have to use an actual tactical attachment.

Edited by ra9una

If you ask me this is like Tactical Knife attachments in FPS games. YOU HAVE TO USE AN ATTACHMENT TO HOLD A KNIFE UNDER YOUR PISTOL! In WF's case you have to use a mod to swing your Galatine. -.-

except you can swing your Melee Weapon without a Stance equipped just fine. 

so it's more akin to a Bayonet Attachment, and 5 Bayonet Attachments arranged in a rotary system with fireworks attached.

besides, CODfishy has an abysmal customization system, because they try to control the 'upgrades' too much. but then again, they need to, since all of the customization is magical stat upgrades with no worldly basis anyways.