Oberon: Stag, Goat.

Valkyr: Cat (With Bastet Helmet)

Trinity: Lobster (??) Cockroach Angel

Loki: Hammerhead Shark Ninja

Excalibur: Unicorn (??)

Ash: Desert Scorpion

Ember: Chicken

Hydroid: Octopus

Rhino: Rhino-Beetle, Rhinocerous (Not really, but everyone seems to assume he is)

Saryn: Horned-Chameleon, Triceratops (Dinosaur)

Zephyr: Generic Bird

Am i forgetting someone? Do you disagree with any comparision i did, or want to add anything else?

What animal inspired Warframe you want to see in the future? Or no more Animals at all?

I want to see a Lion Warframe with melee based skills. Maybe a Chinese Dragon inspired Warframe (Well we have a Unicorn as poster-boy so mythical animals are allowed)

Edited by RexSol

I thought saryn was a snake, then a mushroom when she is wearing the helmlock.

I get the mushroom with hemlock. XD

But i can't find that Snake reference on her design.

Edited by RexSol

Some frames don't really have anything to do with animals. Trinity, Loki, Excalibur, Mag and Saryn for example.

Also, Ember is supposed to be a little like a Pheonix. The weird armor around her thighs are supposed to be reminiscent of billowing tail feathers.

Some frames don't really have anything to do with animals. Trinity, Loki, Excalibur, Mag and Saryn for example.

Also, Ember is supposed to be a little like a Pheonix. The weird armor around her thighs are supposed to be reminiscent of billowing tail feathers.

Hmmm I think some of the examples you gave do have some resemblances with animals, Blatantfool.

I get the Phoenix vibe form Ember, i haven't really thought of her like that before, for me, she was just a hot chick xD

Hmmm I think some of the examples you gave do have some resemblances with animals, Blatantfool.

I get the Phoenix vibe form Ember, i haven't really thought of her like that before, for me, she was just a hot chick xD

Considering there is nothing but a few vague links between the frames I mentioned and one or more animals I'd say it's a safe bet to say that it is just a matter of people drawing connections that aren't necessarily important to the actual design. Yeah, they may have some animal-like features, But that is a different ball game than being able to say an animal inspired their design.

Zephyr is clearly inspired by a bird.

Hydroid clearly has mixtures of Pirate and Octopus features in his design.

Oberon definitely has both Knight and Deer-like features.

They don't just look like an animal by chance, it is by design.

Wait, are you trying to imply that Rhino isn't based on a rhino?

The animal you are thinking of is called Rhinoceros. But there is a Beetle that is actually called Rhino.

Yes, for me he looks like a Rhino-Beetle and not a Rhinoceros. He have the exo-skeleton thing... I just can't see any resemblance with a Rhinoceros...

Edited by RexSol

So does every other Frame. Therefore, we must conclude that they are all insects.

Zephyr is now hawk moth frame.

lol you can conclude whatever you want... But that's a pretty dubious assumption.

There are beetles with horns really similar to the Thrak and Vanguard Helmet... For me is pretty clear where the inspiration for Rhino came from... But people insist he is a Rhinoceros, whatever. When i play him i see Rhino as a Beetle.

A Moth Frame would be cool, by the way.

His codpiece is reminiscent of a rhino's horn.

yao+ming+hipernovas+(19).jpg

Edited by RexSol

I like that Armadillo Frame idea with Earth based powers.

You are aware that they are called rhinoceros beetles because they resemble rhinoceroses right?

They are called RHINO-Beetles not rhinoceros beetles xD But the Warframe Rhino resembles a Rhino-Beetle (At least in my point of view) and not a Rhinoceros.

Edited by RexSol