Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ash Blade Storm Bug Megathread

Sazabi

God, rework Zephyr to do THIS.

preferably a 'hover X distance above the ground' so that you can 'fly', but a way that can be handled in the middle of combat.

moving around on a flat plane like that as Zephyr would feel... artificial.

the concept is sound, but like that it would feel gross.

even my suggestion has holes in it. flying around and shooting and casting powers at the same time, i'm not sure what would be controllable, as well as look good.

I actually hate this when it happens to me. You aren't able to pick up any mods and I don't think u can cast any spells.

From what I remember, the only way to fix this was to die and spend a revive.

I love the Ash rework and I polarized him 6 times, but this has been happening a lot. It's just killing the fun of playing Ash :/

I'm gonna shelve him for now until this bug gets fixed and play some other frame. DE pls fix!

Edited by Bloodywing

This bug has existed since U13. I've encountered it many times on Ash. Mod Ash out with power efficiency and strength mods and spam the hell out of blade storm. Eventually it'll happen and you can walk outside the map, all the way to the point where there is no ground anymore and you're in the sky box. You are invincible while you are bugged as well, but if you end up going too high, you are screwed. If you are on a map that is inside, or has a lot of cave systems, you are also screwed. Although it looks fun, it really isn't after the first two or three times.

Hey, sorry if this has already been brought up. But I thought i'd post this while it's on my mind.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3300324428673813814/C37FF7FE39E2DEDF78FBEDCBE8F14A52EA60EBFC/

Seems that one of my clones didn't despawn and I was stuck in the air. Not entirely sure what caused it but thought I'd bring it to attention if it isn't already.

Same thing's been happening to my friend who uses ash a lot. Today was the second time where he used Blade storm and was stuck in the air, sadly missing out on a total of 7 rare mods and uncountable cores. I'm told it's because packet loss but it's happened to other people as well. Thought I would bring my thoughts to the discussion.

This bug has been around as long as Ash.  As ugly as the glitch is, the really horrible part is that the player is stuck floating in the air until the mission ends.  This glitch is the reason you don't see a lot more players using Ash.  When I use Ash, I get this glitch about 1 in 5 missions.

The impact of this glitch could be reduced significantly by putting a hard time limit on the Bladestorm ability, as has been suggested many times.

Floating in the air for a minute is far preferable to being stuck there indefinitely!

I get this glitch way too frequently; it's very frustrating that such a major glitch has been around for so long.

It's worth noting that I have never once had this glitch in SOLO play - at least as far as I can remember.

I didn't see this thread until today, so next time I get the glitch I will submit a support ticket with the EE log

so i was playing survival on earth, fighting infested, i was playing as ash and used bladestorm but nothing happened. i then realized i was floating in the air with the blade storm blades coming out of my arms and i could walk around and jump and everything. then i realized i was even further up off the ground, i could not use melee or any attacks either. just thought i would post this bug here so it could get fixed thanks! heres some screenshots. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snewball/screenshots/