Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Makes Warframe Unique?

Azawarau

Region chat being its own little world of creeps.

Some guy was calling me stalker senpai sending me text why i dont notice him anymore for like a week.

It was super awkward.

The warframe community is pretty wierd like that.

Region chat being its own little world of creeps.

Some guy was calling me stalker senpai sending me text why i dont notice him anymore for like a week.

It was super awkward.

Not at all what i was looking for but ill take it

While were on the subject of senpai....

Pretty much everyone that wants the stalkers attention

The amount of RNG.

FYI the RNG walls of this game is thin as a paper, compare to that one game I played that's as think as an onion's layers.

Also... what I think why Warframe is unique is the overall aesthetics... These cyborg space ninjas are just unique to themselves. The alt helmets, their chassis' looks, the primes... even the weapons and orokin keys.

The greatest reason this game keeps me playing is the way the artists make all of these. I'm always like "What would they do next? What would Mynki draw next time and make Steve leak it on devstream?" or something like that.

Because it's unique... I mean, forget the nitty gritty of mechanics or the art style, it's a third person co-op shooter with RPG mechanics and full customization. That's a very small genre that I think has a much larger audience than many people realize, because being a small genre the people who favor it often have to play other things because of how BAD most of them are.

From low end titles like Crimecraft all the way to big budget Defiance you find movement is stale and unresponsive, horrid UI's, huge hacking and exploit problems, MMORPG-like enemies and FPS-like level design. The few that have caught on have been riding on gimmicks other than the third person shooter game itself, like vehicle or air combat, while the real third person combat has been just 'meh' to downright terribad.

I'm never afraid to throw money at DE. I know it's a good investment because I know the alternative to DE's success here is that I get to go back to roaming from FPshooter to FPshooter to MMO to TPshooter to ARPG trying to find something to fill the T3 Void in my soul that is the total lack of good third person shooters. :(

Also Ignis. Flame throwers in game tend to be nearly melee range, or really crappy, or both. I love that we have a good flammenwerfer to just go around werffing flammen on all the enemies as we please.

Edited by VKhaun

Warframes and their abilitys

the mods

the detailed factions

the invasion system

Have not seen a game like this around :o

Warframe abilities seem reskinned to me honestly

Rhino gets a defense buff that attracts enemies

A charge that stuns

An AoE stun

And an offensive buff

Hes an aggressive tank

Things like that

The spin on it is cool though

Mods and factions are much the same

Nothing.

Melee combat is far better in many other games, like PSOBB, DMC, etc.

Ranged combat is better or equal in pretty much any fps or 3ps that has been published.

Parkour is a joke, you can just slideattack your way to the extraction and ignore wallrunning and other tricks in 90% of missions.

The tilesets don't have any significant difference in how they feel, and most of them are very generic.

The powers in most cases are either uninspired or lacking in power, or worse, both.

Even the paywall has been done in other F2P MMOs, and the last MMO I played that had worse grinding was Evercrack.

The pacing of the game and the relative freedom we have within it.

There aren't a huge number of third person TPS games, and I can't think of any that offer the same degree of fast paced motion and combat.

Also the level of hype this game gets is insane.

Preupdate chat is a hypefest, and we can all remember how we outhyped every other popular f2p game out there in the ultimate showdown (of ultimate destiny)

to be fair, the amount of RNG here is the most forgiving out of all the games I ever played. There's no broken stuff, no losing resources (excepted credit when transmute), the drop rate is average. I don't get why people complain about RNG so much when every end game stuffs can be obtain so easily. If everything is so easy to obtain, do you think you will feel any competitive in a game? 

Also, the part that make warframe most unique is: it based off on a whole different environments unlike every other game. Plus, the dev put out a lot of event in game to gain more competitiveness, also to give players chances to win plat (though the chance of winning plat is low) 

The design in frames are unique. This game had a mod system that you can't find in any other game. The dead red bodies are very intriguing. 

Edited by Shevian