Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Melee 2.0 Viable On Higher Level Enemies?

Guest Shibboleet

Depends on how far you take that '+'.

Against level 100s, and with blessing up, you could kill them. Against level 400s? Probably not.

It is suicide to try and melee high level enemies.

Depends on how far you take that '+'.

Against level 100s, and with blessing up, you could kill them. Against level 400s? Probably not.

With blessing, you can beat level 1000 enemies if you want, you are invulnerable.. 

The fact of the matter is, you can only make weapons a certain amount of powerful.
If melees could scale so strong that they could kill level 100+ enemies with ease, then there literally wouldnt be any point of primaries/secondaries other than to hit mine ospreys.

Melee still tends to fall apart at higher levels imo.

But the highest so far I tried is up till 70.

Then I switch to my guns because it is less hassle and still safer.

^exactly :D

Thats why guns get forma'd and can become powerhouses. Yeah you can melee a bunch of people, but when times get hard you can whip out your soma and REK some fools from a safe distance.

Trying to melee in High level=

Infested : Loads of Poison ancients that can kill you in 3 ticks of being near them.

Grineer : Napalms and Slash procs wear you down

Corpus : Just pure numbers and lasers from every direction

Edited by Jin_Kazama

Guns are only slightly safer in these situations though; enemies are doing such high damage that a small period of sustained fire is typically enough to take you down. Really, your ability to survive depends on what kind of powers you are utilizing first, and what your damage output is second. Provided that you are using abilities that can safely get you in melee and keep you there melee is just as viable as anything else. 

Ash, Loki, Trinity, and Rhino immediately spring to mind. Ash and Loki for Invisibility, Trinity for sustained group-wide invincibility, and Rhino for opportune stomps. 

Edited by Acos

its more viable than guns in very high levels, as you can do much more DPS with invis Loki/Ash  with top melee than with top guns

But it is only applicable to 3 frames. 

Loki/Ash/Excalibur.

All which rely on their crutch skills like Invisibility / Smoke screen / Radial Blind to get that 400% melee damage boost.

Outside of these situation, guns are innately superior.

Guest Shibboleet

It is suicide to try and melee high level enemies.

With blessing, you can beat level 1000 enemies if you want, you are invulnerable.. 

Ranged weapons will always hit harder than melee, which is why meleeing level 400's wouldn't be viable for something like survival.

I find Melee to be my only real strength against any enemy and I play Ember Prime, With an Orthos Prime or Other powerful melee and i find it very viable until around lvl 100's Solo and i can go way beyond if I have at least 1 other...

and how can you even get to lvl 100 solo? support wont drop and in defence you wouldnt keep them off the pod alone with Ember

I find Melee to be my only real strength against any enemy and I play Ember Prime, With an Orthos Prime or Other powerful melee and i find it very viable until around lvl 100's Solo and i can go way beyond if I have at least 1 other...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/214185-contest-the-tenn-os-challenge/

This should be easy 1K platinum. We are waiting for your video.

I don't think it is, the other day I fought krill with a team just to see how many combos I could get, I reached a little after 2000 hits and it only went up to 4x damage. I think at level 100 and such the damage wouldn't increase enough to deal a lot.

Against higher levels Melee 2.0 could work, against higher level Grineer however it just falls apart unless you have good reflexes you can't take down any Heavy gunners,Bombard and Scorches without getting knocked down by their AoE attack, so against High level Grineer and Corrupted just use guns, against lower levels melee them to death.

Is it possible ? yes

Is it viable ? No

I went into some higher survival with a melee focused Volt and Valkyr, didnt do to bad sadly its clearly could have done so much more with any other gun with a charge.

The only thing melee has talking for it is that it costs no ammo. All melee weapons could still use a flat 40% bonus on damage.

Against higher levels Melee 2.0 could work, against higher level Grineer however it just falls apart unless you have good reflexes you can't take down any Heavy gunners,Bombard and Scorches without getting knocked down by their AoE attack, so against High level Grineer and Corrupted just use guns, against lower levels melee them to death.

Don't forget the Napalms...

But you nailed it. I melee low levels for fun, but when things start to get serious, range weapons are safer AND do more damage.

Melee (except for Ash and Loki) got the same problems as some powers concerning damage : too powerful in the beginning, useless in the end. DE really sucks at scaling, so we can only deal with it.

I always said getting in melee mode should grant you knockdown immunity for this to work, but I am losing hope DE will admit it.

Mods should get buffed but not weapons. After lvl30 you start to struggle against everyone if you dont have blessing. Also couple of weapons should get buffed like galatine and channelling to be improved in terms of it effect. I noticed that i do less damage when channel sometimes.