The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trying To Get At Least Some Help On This Matter Again. (Video Showing The Issue At First Hand)

Detvix

Okay so i made a post a few days ago about the FPS drops I and many other people have been getting. Didn't get any replies at all, even after a bump.

(Here's the old thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/219192-frame-rate-dropping-at-the-start-of-a-match-and-throughout-and-in-some-cases-leads-to-crashes-and-disconnections/ )

I decided to try this again as this is starting to really get on my nerves now. It completely ruins the game for me.
Now lucky for you i have decided to show the issue from my point of view with a video. That's right. No long post! (Maybe)

Please, if a member of staff sees this post then please watch the video and let me know that something is being done about it or it's now being looked into.

Video: 

Now as you can see in the video the FPS doesn't really 'drop' it comes to a complete stop and then comes back. And before you say it. It's not my PC/GPU/CPU I used to be able to run on max settings (excluding shadows) at 60FPS BEFORE Update 13.

Once again referring to my old thread: THIS IS HAPPENING TO OTHERS AS WELL.
It's not everyone however. I've seen some different things said to be causing the problem but here are some of the things i should note to narrow it down a bit.
-I run the 64-bit version (So obviously my PC is 64-bit)
-I run the game via steam
-Defragging/verifying the download cache via the launcher doesn't help
-This never happened to me before Update 13 but it started at the very beginning of the update
-None of the hotfixes made any sort of fix to this issue

The most ANNOYING thing however is the 'host migrations' and then disconnecting from the game. It is clearly not an issue with anyone's connection as while the 'migration' is in progress the chat in the squad is still active. Sometimes this happens constantly and i will not be able to rejoin the game as the issue at hand restricts me by doing so with 'host migrations' even though there is no host migration...
It happens as well when I host but it shows as everyone else disconnecting from my game. The game then becomes unjoinable via matchmaking (haven't confirmed by inviting anyone yet) almost like it is a solo mission.

Once again I would really appreciate anyone's input on this issue as i think this really needs to get noticed. Even if it's not having an impact on your gameplay there are still people suffering from this issue and some even worse.

I will be submitting a ticket regarding this issue also.

I noticed a thing about this last week.

My anti-virus was using 50% of my CPU. I decided to uninstall my anti-virus and install Avast!, and it fixed the issue. I'd advise you to see if you have any background programs running that's using a lot of processing power and close them. You can do it through the Task Manager. If you take this route, please let me know if it helps you, too.

True! This as been happening to me 2 and it began after the first hotfixes after U13. Already seen alot of players in the forums complaining about the same thing. Sent a pm to Rebecca in hopes that we may get a better understading about what is going on.

Edited by Bazools

I noticed a thing about this last week.

My anti-virus was using 50% of my CPU. I decided to uninstall my anti-virus and install Avast!, and it fixed the issue. I'd advise you to see if you have any background programs running that's using a lot of processing power and close them. You can do it through the Task Manager. If you take this route, please let me know if it helps you, too.

I've already tried this. I've killed every program i can including explorer and uninstalling my anit-virus, defragging my whole computer and cleaning the disc drives. Tried setting the Evolution Engine to high priority also. None of this works. It's still the same outcome every single time.

I also recently tried using a game booster but it still has no positive impact.

Edited by Detvix

True! This as been happening to me 2 and it began after the first hotfixes after U13. Already seen alot of players in the forums complaining about the same thing. Sent a pm to Rebecca in hopes that we may get a better understading about what is going on.

Yeah, I've seen alot of posts regarding this issue and others like it too. It's comforting somehow to know it's not just me having the issue. And i noticed Rebecca was already checking over the thread so i'll wait a while before i decide to PM any staff about it.

Thanks for the thorough captures/reports. Relayed and certainly have reinforcement from the team that a few members experienced 'spikes' as well. Early suggestions include updating drivers/reboot while we get more thorough with internal testing.

Thank u Rebecca and i hope the team can find a fix for these issues as soon as humanly possible. Not complaining but at times it can get quite stressfull to run some missions. 

Thanks for the thorough captures/reports. Relayed and certainly have reinforcement from the team that a few members experienced 'spikes' as well. Early suggestions include updating drivers/reboot while we get more thorough with internal testing.

Thanks so much Rebecca. I run a AMD Radeon 5550 HD card however, so it's quite outdated (Still enough to run the game at a high setting however) and there aren't any newer drivers available for me. I'm also questioning a factory reboot on my PC to see if it will have any positive effect on the game at all. I'll update later in the week how that goes.

I've already tried this. I've killed every program i can including explorer and uninstalling my anit-virus, defragging my whole computer and cleaning the disc drives. Tried setting the Evolution Engine to high priority also. None of this works. It's still the same outcome every single time.

I also recently tried using a game booster but it still has no positive impact.

My computer still isn't able to play Warframe with the fancy graphics settings like it used to, but it's better to the point where it doesn't give me crap about running.

Sorry to hear this hasn't helped you. DE still has issues to address as far as performance optimization, and I hope it's high on their list of things to do.

Please, if a member of staff sees this post then please watch the video and let me know that something is being done about it or it's now being looked into.

I apologize if you've already addressed this but you mention that this happens when playing with other people, does it also happen in solo mode?

Which brand of GPU would you happen to be using? (Nvidia, AMD, etc.)

Thanks!

My computer still isn't able to play Warframe with the fancy graphics settings like it used to, but it's better to the point where it doesn't give me crap about running.

Sorry to hear this hasn't helped you. DE still has issues to address as far as performance optimization, and I hope it's high on their list of things to do.

Yeah i can understand this and i know DE are working on numerous issues. I have full faith in DE and know they can fix this issue. It's blatantly obvious that they're alot more understanding, co-operative and help the community out a lot more than other companies I've experienced over time.

I apologize if you've already addressed this but you mention that this happens when playing with other people, does it also happen in solo mode?

Which brand of GPU would you happen to be using? (Nvidia, AMD, etc.)

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i can confirm that this happens on solo as well as online. I'm using an AMD card: Radeon 5550 HD, never had any trouble with it on the game before i might add.

Never seen such lost of FPS lost as yours, although I had some freezes here and there once in a wile, and even freezes that complete crash the game.

Lately the worst is always with vaubans toys, either vortex or tesla, always seem to create hiccups.

new ceres tiles, although they dont provole severe FPS drop, they do make the game slower, you even can feel it wile playing, but all this only appends under rain, wenever I'm under cover of the rain all runs smooth.

Never seen such lost of FPS lost as yours, although I had some freezes here and there once in a wile, and even freezes that complete crash the game.

Lately the worst is always with vaubans toys, either vortex or tesla, always seem to create hiccups.

new ceres tiles, although they dont provole severe FPS drop, they do make the game slower, you even can feel it wile playing, but all this only appends under rain, wenever I'm under cover of the rain all runs smooth.

It seems people are having different things happen to them. Some having the Evolution Engine completely stop on them, some with my issue. Even some people having their GPU's crashing.

Detvix, I must admit I am clueless at why it runs this way on your computer.

Could you run DxDiag on your computer and click Save All Information... and forward that to us ?

Also, could you try to grab me a EE.log, just to see if anything special show up in the logs

Detvix, I must admit I am clueless at why it runs this way on your computer.

Could you run DxDiag on your computer and click Save All Information... and forward that to us ?

Also, could you try to grab me a EE.log, just to see if anything special show up in the logs

Sure can. I'm guessing i should PM these to you? And what is an EE.log? And how do i obtain it? Not to good with these things, sorry. I can get you the DxDiag however.

Sure can. I'm guessing i should PM these to you? And what is an EE.log? And how do i obtain it? Not to good with these things, sorry. I can get you the DxDiag however.

Url for the EE.log 

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Warframe

I hope it helps.

Edited by Bazools

Ahh, so I'm not the only one. Even though I don't get the stuttering/FPS drop on other high end graphic games, I still thought it was me. Glad it isn't.

I'm using Intel Graphics card. Not the latest drivers though. Latest are 4400? I think and I'm on 4000(last I checked back when Intel users were having trouble Titianfall beta, due to drivers). Haven't felt the need to update since I'm fine with every other game.

This...has been happening to me as well, but it's much more random on my end. This will happen, then it might not happen again for another 15 missions or it might do it again in the next 3 missions (consecutively) and, curiously, it never does it more than once per mission for me. Sometimes completely closing the game helps, but not always. My framerate is perfectly fine (40+) unless this happens.

Until Update 13, I'd never seen this happen before either, but I've given up on (all) tech support so I didn't send a ticket.

Specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2GHz

Nvidia GTX 465 (old, but it still works fine)

Nvidia GT 640 (only handles PhysX)

8GB DDR3 ram

Launcher/game options (exactly the same before and after U13):

Fullscreen - Yes

DX11 - No

64-bit mode - Yes

Bulk/Aggressive Download - Yes/Yes

Multi-threading - Yes

All graphics options: Maxed

Runtime Tessellation: Off (running in DX9 mode)

Vsync: Off

Motion Blur: Off

PhysX: On

Edited by Ailith

This...has been happening to me as well, but it's much more random on my end. This will happen, then it might not happen again for another 15 missions or it might do it again in the next 3 missions (consecutively) and, curiously, it never does it more than once per mission for me. Sometimes completely closing the game helps, but not always. My framerate is perfectly fine (40+) unless this happens.

Until Update 13, I'd never seen this happen before either, but I've given up on (all) tech support so I didn't send a ticket.

Specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2GHz

Nvidia GTX 465 (old, but it still works fine)

Nvidia GT 640 (only handles PhysX)

8GB DDR3 ram

Launcher/game options (exactly the same before and after U13):

Fullscreen - Yes

DX11 - No

64-bit mode - Yes

Bulk/Aggressive Download - Yes/Yes

Multi-threading - Yes

All graphics options: Maxed

Runtime Tessellation: Off (running in DX9 mode)

Vsync: Off

Motion Blur: Off

PhysX: On

Yo, bro....shouldn't you be turning on DX11? DX11 runs faster than DX9 on hardware that can run it...I know its unrelated...I was just wondering

Try turning off Anti-aliasing in your graphics control panel. 

That includes... any enhancements to Anti -Aliasing.

So for me (I use nvidia)

Antialiasing - FXAA
Antialiasing - Gamma correction
Antialiasing - Mode
Antialiasing - Setting

Antialiasing - Transparency

Give it a shot?