The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trying To Get At Least Some Help On This Matter Again. (Video Showing The Issue At First Hand)

Detvix

Two things could have an impact on the framerate,

If the CPU Maximum Frequency stay low, which would indicate your computer is doing CPU parking. 

Another thing would be very high Disk Highest Active Time even when nothing is done, which indicates something is doing a lot of Disk Access with high priority on your machine while the game is running

I'm not sure core parking would result in such a mess. I use to downclock my i5 to 1.6ghz (from 4.0ghz) and the game runs smooth at an overall 60fps with some pikes at 20. Its game totally freeze for long amounts of time ...

Disk activity could be the culprit, or a very big flaw in the pcie bus?

You should log processor activity, memory, disk, and gpu while playing warframe. Note when the game freeze and check back to the monitors to see what doesnt seem to go well ;)

I must say i am suprised, my machine ain't that great but i find odd these good pcs having issues that i don't have.

My issues are only these:

- random freezes that last 1-10 seconds where the cpu goes to 100% (beeing 100% to warframe), often causing dc because of the duration of the freeze

- FPS drop due to ragdoling, nothing major but sometimes a ragdoll will make my fps go to 1 every 2 or 3 second (in other words fps is 0.5 if that even makes sense). It's rare and doesn't actually ruin the gameplay.

Obviously in this case it can't be a ragdoll, afterall you just started the mission so it can't be it, still i can say for myself that i never experienced this issue of the game fps beeing seriously unbalanced.

I have no idea why you guys have that problem, especially on more powerfull computers.

To expand on this and my earlier post in the thread, this happens to me in both solo and online play. Usually each instance of a FPS freeze is for less than a second, though this morning I did get a freeze that lasted for maybe a second or two. It might happen two or three times near the beginning of a map and then not happen again, kind of like the way old games would have to pause to load in textures and models. Sometimes it's accompanied by parts of the map suddenly disappearing and then reappearing (like, I'll be looking at a door that slides open from top and bottom and the bottom panel will just vanish and show just a blank beige color behind it), which makes me think even more that it's some kind of texture/model loading issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqyCgWK89x0    This is what happens to me. ITs very sad.... after afew minutes ( like half way vid)  I turn all stats down to low and its the same.

Yeap... It's happening to alot of good ol' folks. Just yesterday was soloing a ODS (it happens in almost every tileset) and went from a starting 65 fps to 20/15 fps. With frames freezing up to 3 seconds! 

Its like the game is trying to access the next frames and it can. Lets hope we get a fix for this asap.

Edited by Bazools

this is only a theory, but some games require so litle resources that the graphics card and possibly the cpu only use a small % of it's capabilities, making the games run slow even when you have a beast of a GPU.

What happens if you turn more settings on like AA, Ansitropic filtering, LOD and so on, does the performance improve or not, sometimes demanding more from the GPU will make it use all it's power instead of just 20%

Just to rule out suspects:

I see both AMD and NVidia people in this thread and so GPU drivers (or driver abuse) seems unlikely; I've personally seen it with an Nvidia GPU and our in-house QA has encountered it with an AMD GPU.

I've experienced this myself on a few occasions and I run Dx11; I notice that several people here are reporting that they are running Dx9 and our in-house QA has encountered this running Dx9 as well which is further evidence that this is not likely graphics driver related.

Whenever I encounter massive stalls the first thing I do is look at the floor: if my frame-rate goes back up it means that the problem is something I'm drawing -- on the few occasions where I've seen this looking at the floor does *not* fix it for me.

The only display setting I would interested in feedback for is the texture detail option; the high setting corresponds to a potential 1GB of streamed textures -- if you get these stalls please try lowering this setting and report back if this makes any difference (I doubt it, but it's one suspect we haven't ruled out yet).

I would also strongly encourage leaving VSync set to auto; this will lock you to 30/45/60 FPS if your system can handle it and only degrades to tearing-mode if your system can't keep it at 30. 

Can the ee.log help figure what happens Glen?

All players that see such bugs should open a ticket, join dxdiag and ee.log, the post here for reference their ticket ID.

Normally I would say yes but we've looked over a number of logs and haven't found any clues. I think at this point what we need is the scientific method; ruling out suspects, testing hypothesis etc. 

Thanks so much Rebecca. I run a AMD Radeon 5550 HD card however, so it's quite outdated (Still enough to run the game at a high setting however) and there aren't any newer drivers available for me. I'm also questioning a factory reboot on my PC to see if it will have any positive effect on the game at all. I'll update later in the week how that goes.

It seems like a bunch of you with these issues are running AMD Radion 5000 and 4000 series, which means that it's possible your motherboards are from 2009 or so.

There may be a setting in your motherboard bios called "Memory Low Gap" which you can adjust to help alleviate these intense stutters.  I've seen it happen on before on GPUs that don't have allot of local memory on the GPU itself.  (Many GPUs from 2009 still have about 512mb or so.)

Check this post here describing what "Memory Low Gap" is:

http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=15060

Now I personally don't have these problems, BUT a while back when I was running an AMD HD5000 series GPU, I did notice that if I had the Memory Low Gap setting on my motherboard set too low, I'd get massive stutters/pauses on certain graphics intensive games.  It wasn't because my GPUs didn't have enough horsepower (they were crossfired 5850 radeons), but rather that I didn't have memory low gap set high enough. I've read that it should be equal to the size of whatever your GPU graphics memory is.  (I've also read elsewhere that it should be double what your GPU memory size is.)

Check and see if you have this setting in your motherboard bios.

Edited by sushidubya

It seems like a bunch of you with these issues are running AMD Radion 5000 and 4000 series, which means that it's possible your motherboards are from 2009 or so.

There may be a setting in your motherboard bios called "Memory Low Gap" which you can adjust to help alleviate these intense stutters.  I've seen it happen on before on GPUs that don't have allot of local memory on the GPU itself.  (Many GPUs from 2009 still have about 512mb or so.)

Check this post here describing what "Memory Low Gap" is:

http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=15060

Now I personally don't have these problems, BUT a while back when I was running an AMD HD5000 series GPU, I did notice that if I had the Memory Low Gap setting on my motherboard set too low, I'd get massive stutters/pauses on certain graphics intensive games.  It wasn't because my GPUs didn't have enough horsepower (they were crossfired 5850 radeons), but rather that I didn't have memory low gap set high enough. I've read that it should be equal to the size of whatever your GPU graphics memory is.  (I've also read elsewhere that it should be double what your GPU memory size is.)

Check and see if you have this setting in your motherboard bios.

Thanks for the information. This isn't something I've tried yet, however i'm not entirely sure how to access these settings (i'm not too good with my PC as i got it pre-built a few years back)

EDIT: Just checked. I don't have this setting :/

Edited by Detvix

my motherboard is a gigabyte ultra durable series .  all specs running on low and issue remains, as shown on previous posted video ( near the 6 min ).

Drivers are updated and are running perfectly ( tested with many high end games)

Vsync is auto have tested the other way around many times and nothing.

cpu its chilling just trolling around with less than 30 pct usage.

Temperatures are cold made sure nothing is overheating.

Pc status is ok. checked logs and all seems good.

I know, its server related why m I so sure?

well, after you guys had the stability patch all performance went down.

1 day was running at max full, surviving  for loong minutes giant waves of infested with friends and after the hot fix none of us can even play the game anymore.

Can't be that all of these ppl overpowered machines (including mine) are all failing in the exact same game and only on it....

it gotta be servers OR the Stalker is hijacking our pcs with super advanced technology's we just can't comprehend yet.

my motherboard is a gigabyte ultra durable series .  all specs running on low and issue remains, as shown on previous posted video ( near the 6 min ).

Drivers are updated and are running perfectly ( tested with many high end games)

Vsync is auto have tested the other way around many times and nothing.

cpu its chilling just trolling around with less than 30 pct usage.

Temperatures are cold made sure nothing is overheating.

Pc status is ok. checked logs and all seems good.

I know, its server related why m I so sure?

well, after you guys had the stability patch all performance went down.

1 day was running at max full, surviving  for loong minutes giant waves of infested with friends and after the hot fix none of us can even play the game anymore.

Can't be that all of these ppl overpowered machines (including mine) are all failing in the exact same game and only on it....

it gotta be servers OR the Stalker is hijacking our pcs with super advanced technology's we just can't comprehend yet.

My performance also went down after the attacks. I don't believe it's server side, though. I think something in the hotfixes they deployed to combat the DDoS attack may have broken something. 

I like it personally.

Me too.

I'm with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Ponies? They're awesome.

(But we really shouldn't side track too far, huh?)

I get it in solo all the time too, though, so it isn't a network, as Glen points out. The reason why everyone gets it at the same time isn't because of the server. It's probably something to do with the rendering, and since all of you are playing in the same map, rendering almost the same things, then the lag spike occurs. 

It's obviously not a hardware issue, either: Mine's a S#&$ty laptop and my friend runs a high-end rig, we get the same lag spikes in frame rate as long as we're in the same room. It may be something else that behaves like a black hole for processing power, maybe certain effects, or rendering of an impossibly numerous amount of objects we can't see.

Hard to tell, I'm no expert. 

But it has no relation to: Particle effects (my PhysX was turned off, friend's was on), reflection, texture detail and shadows, cause I turned all of those off as well. Run-time tessellation is on, too.

But that host migration is pretty bad, yeah. What's up with that, anyways? :O

Any chance you can... Like, save our progress if that happens? Sure would be awesome if we didn't lose everything with one host migration!

I just want to throw this out there. A lot of my friends who have lower end AMD cards (Like I do.) Have had trouble updating drivers properly, and it seems that Warframe and AMD don't mesh well, at least when it comes to our crappy cards. 

That being said, I can run Warframe at about 20-40 FPS when all fancy effects are off and I'm at 1024x600 Res. Certainly this is hardware's fault, but I have noticed that back in U7-U10, I was able to run it much more efficiently, hitting over 60 at 1200x800 res (my native, it's a craptop).

Still, it would be nice if there was a way to have an even framerate until I can finish building a desktop.

Strangely enough, i've only had this issue a few times after U13. 

One pattern i did see. 

Every time this issue happened i was playing with a Hydroid. 

We were on a dark sector the first time and he used his tentacles on a big group, these enemies started to stretch and my FPS just plummeted. It only fixed when i looked away or looked down. 

Second time, we were on a Grineer survival and we had a big group of enemies funneling due to Loki disarm and my friend uses tentacles again this time and the same screen freeze happened again. 

A few other times i was doing a defense and it just crashed. Although these issues only happened shortly before the 3 patches the other week. 

In U12 the only DC i had was when it started and the server went down for obvious overflow of people.

Compared to most gaming comps mine isn't the best, but its enough to handle ESO, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Black Deserts 2nd closed beta, and Skyrim all on max graphics. 

I have a nvidia 550

AMD II phenom 3.4GHz 

8gb ram

64bit 

Windows 7 pro

I have had no issues to report except when i play with hydroid. This is the only time i've had the crashing issues on any of the games i played

Strangely enough, i've only had this issue a few times after U13. 

One pattern i did see. 

Every time this issue happened i was playing with a Hydroid. 

We were on a dark sector the first time and he used his tentacles on a big group, these enemies started to stretch and my FPS just plummeted. It only fixed when i looked away or looked down. 

Second time, we were on a Grineer survival and we had a big group of enemies funneling due to Loki disarm and my friend uses tentacles again this time and the same screen freeze happened again. 

A few other times i was doing a defense and it just crashed. Although these issues only happened shortly before the 3 patches the other week. 

... You think it could be because of Physics?

There was a post once where a squad of four Tenno used all their CC skills. 

I think the computer tries to resolve it, but throws too much processing power behind it and neglects everything else, and that causes the lag of frame rate. They try to compute who's CCing what, what's being thrown where, and in the end, suck up everything while the scene is shown frame by frame. Conflicting data, perhaps?

I've seen it prior. 

Ok, so for some users like yourself its a known issue. I hope u guys are starting to find any clues to what may be causing this. I've tried almost everything i could on my end to try and lessen the rate of this occuring but still i've come to no clues. Thanks Glen for being on top of this issue and keeping a constant communication with the community.

Keep up the good fight. :)