The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Should Be 48Hr Wait Before Contested Again

SlapClown

If you played this game for more than 3 months, you have come to realize now that the dark sectors are the best place to farm whatever.  After you farm them over and over into the grindfest, you will start to get upset of the following:

1.  General rewards / xp / etc just for doing a dark sector run are horrible if it is in conflict.

- After grinding these sectors repeatedly, it should come to the realization WHY PUT IT IN CONFLICT unless of course one of those wonderful clans tries to actually impose a fee for playin on their rail.  See a fee, don't play on it.  See 2 with a fee, don't play on it.  Why would someone grind on a rail just to give their hard earned resources and credits away?  Those resources and credits should go to their own dojo and not someone else.

2.  Drops are still horrible (Coincide with drop rates for every other mission on a planet or void) as if you are at 45 minutes, you do not get highter level drops, you still get ammo drums, reach, the same stance mod, low end credits all dependent upon what type of mission it is.

- Why do we continue to see a failed loot table.  Whether farming parts or just farming mods in general they do not stack and always leave a mission with multiples of the same mods no matter what level is being played on.

3.  Melee 2.0.... it's a start of something different but how are you to play melee against certain factions when you are surrounded by continuous lasers, flamethrowers, napalm, etc when your equiped melee does nothing to stop it <insert insta-death here>

I think the dark sectors are moot for now per the above.  I will say the one change done recently to bring back the stalker at a rate compensorate with the player he is against is just awesome.  It's fun hearing someone scream again when they get threatened by the stalker and watch them run for their lives.  Very good show.

Earnestly, the HP of a rail should be cut again.

If everything else remained the same as it is now, but you only needed, say, 25,000 runs to destroy a rail, it would be easy enough for a "loser" to be picked in a short time, and would keep the rails out of conflict most of the time--it's not too hard for a rail to fall to 66% right now. If that was the "death point", it would encourage players to battle against rails they dislike, rather than just sitting around waiting for the conflict to resolve.

So cut the rail health again, so that we can smash the ones we want, and so that there's actually a "contest". The current 75,000 health is WAY too much for the existing player base. If we ever get to a point where 25k isn't enough, then kick it up a notch. Until then, it needs to be lowered, dramatically.

Alterations that I think would help immensely:

1) Reduce conflict time to 24 hours.

2) Increase deployment time to 36-48 hours.

3) Reduce Rail health from 75k to 30k

4) Add in drops from tenno ghosts. (many options here but it seems like a good place to put in a one in one hundred thousand drop rate legendary cores) ;)

Alterations that I think would help immensely:

1) Reduce conflict time to 24 hours.

2) Increase deployment time to 36-48 hours.

3) Reduce Rail health from 75k to 30k

4) Add in drops from tenno ghosts. (many options here but it seems like a good place to put in a one in one hundred thousand drop rate legendary cores) ;)

1. Yes.

2. Hell no. I'd rather get rid of a bad government quickly.

3. 30k or less.

4. Er... no. Why not ability mods instead? That would make the most sense, and solve problems for everyone.

Yup - this feedback has been coming in steady, Dev will be making changes that reflect the big points people have been bringing up.

A very brief outline that speaks to a few things in this particular thread:

There will be some level of peace time - codename Armistice.

Re: Kihana's post, the length of a Dark Sector's Armistice time will be affected by winning rail health at the end of any given conflict.

I honestly feel that my intelligence has been insulted by these upcoming changes. You heard that a lost of people were complaining about the fact that dark sectors only have 33% uptime and you decide to change the game by increasing the cooldown period, instead of trusting that your player base is smart enough to increase the uptime by themselves. Well today Eclipse achieved an 85% uptime @ Jupiter-Sinai by destroying their opponent in under 4 hours. I'm not familiar with DE's background in developing PvP experiences, but it seems to me that you have not given us enough iterations with this game called Dark Sector conflicts to figure it out before changing the game on us.

Edited by lasfdjfd

Actually, Tenno Specters should just drop stance mods instead, with a much higher chance to do so than regular mobs. They are Tenno afterall, and are more likely to practice stances lore wise instead of a random Butcher.

Earnestly, the HP of a rail should be cut again.

If everything else remained the same as it is now, but you only needed, say, 25,000 runs to destroy a rail, it would be easy enough for a "loser" to be picked in a short time, and would keep the rails out of conflict most of the time--it's not too hard for a rail to fall to 66% right now. If that was the "death point", it would encourage players to battle against rails they dislike, rather than just sitting around waiting for the conflict to resolve.

So cut the rail health again, so that we can smash the ones we want, and so that there's actually a "contest". The current 75,000 health is WAY too much for the existing player base. If we ever get to a point where 25k isn't enough, then kick it up a notch. Until then, it needs to be lowered, dramatically.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Rails at present do -not- take 75000 runs to kill, they in fact takes 7500 -because- each run counts as 10 hp against the rail. 

EDIT: Further still if you -really- want to take a rail down try reaching out to other alliances/clans/etc with the intent of taking them down instead of jumping to the conclusion you should be able to kill it while doing things half assed.

Edited by Squig

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Rails at present do -not- take 75000 runs to kill, they in fact takes 7500 -because- each run counts as 10 hp against the rail. 

EDIT: Further still if you -really- want to take a rail down try reaching out to other alliances/clans/etc with the intent of taking them down instead of jumping to the conclusion you should be able to kill it while doing things half assed.

if they're so easy to take down, then why haven't we seen more than a handfull?

4? maybe 5? have actually been completed? 

the rest are still in that original time-frame and are only being overturned by attrition.

that pretty well makes it clear that the health of the rail is too high, the battle pay is too low and the conflict sites themselves aren't interesting to the players.

so... increase incentive. 

4. Er... no. Why not ability mods instead? That would make the most sense, and solve problems for everyone.

Ow man, no.No.No. Mods for them? Okay.Ability mods? No way. (Imagine, yo manage to deal with a Rhino with a soma and you get...Slash Dash. -_- )

Ability mods ---> market.For credits. However, the specters should have rare drops (and stances). That way a large amount of players disappointed by the recycled maps/enemy units & the rewards during conflict will have a reason to make a step into it again.... :p

Edited by unknow99

2. Hell no. I'd rather get rid of a bad government quickly.

Want to get rid of bad rail owners quickly? Wow, I think this is rather silly. Honestly, if it was my choice, I would say there should be a week cool-down on a conflict. Yeah, that's right... An entire week to suffer with "bad government", because there is no such thing as getting rid of a bad government quickly.

I don't see how people develop this idea that they should be able to change their mind like changing their clothes. If you fight for someone's rail, you should have to suffer with the consequences of that, whether good or bad.