Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would I Ever Use Dead Eye?

Snakeslicer

There are a number of Auras that need attention.

The only Auras I see any use for are

Enemy Radar (if you do not have Enemy Sense)

Energy Syphon (main - polarity)

Infested Impedance (only if you aura slot is D polarity)

Rifle Amp (main V polarity)

Steel Charge (for melee builds)

The rest of the Auras are tier 2 and lower.

You forgot Corrosive Projection, which has some use in higher level anti-Grineer if it's stacked by all members. Edited by Motakshi

I agree dead eye should do more damage or they should add pistol, shotgun amps to the alert tables. was always curious why they didn't have those makes more sense now that you can unequip weapons to lvl them faster. I've seen many tenno going with only one weapon to level it faster or add a challenge to their games.

It's a placeholder for the time being.  Just have to wait.

on another note, why does rifle-amp only add 25% damage while steel charge provides 50%? i realize that that was probably a move to promote melee pre-2.0, but that should be meaningless now that melee is actually viable, no?

Even with with the new Steel Charge melee is still weaker than guns and people won't use Steel Charge anyway because Energy Siphon exists. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

It's a placeholder for the time being.  Just have to wait.

Even with with the new Steel Charge melee is still weaker than guns and people won't use Steel Charge anyway because Energy Siphon exists. 

Yep. As long as the energy system works like it does, Energy Siphon > everything else.

But why no shotgun amp or Bow am or Pistol amp????

Shotgun and Pistol do infact exist already, only ones players have are from the Transmutation leak.

pistol amp is as well, 45% extra damage, or was it 47...

60%!

ofcourse that would be totally changed before actual implementation, since 60% is a HUGE amount. unless perhaps they don't stack, that could be done, but even then, 60% is still a lot.

Heh, what if they make it so Rifle Amp is no longer compatible with Snipers rather than buffing Dead Eye?

if they do that and add bows to Dead eye it would be great. that would justify the second mod and empower several weapons that lack that aura and are more common use than sniper rifles, snipers have higher base damage anyway so they benefit more from damage scaling mods.

while im here do anyone knows if there's any that work on "special weapons" like ignis, mitter or flux rifle

A request from an Avid Sniper Rifle user--- It is all I use in warframe regardless of how much love they are lacking (Minus a 5 - 6 Forma'd Lanka)  Or a really well modded Vectis on PC with a mod that we don't have access to on Ps4 lol.  I just enjoy sniping.. I love this game-- I love sniping.  I would really like to see Dead Eye be changed to only work with sniper rifles and I also have a suggestion.

Instead of bonus % dmg on it-- how about Bonus % on Headshots or "weak spots" etc for Sniper Rifles of like...45-50% --- After all snipers are supposed to aim for the head right?  I don't let off my trigger until I have 2 guys lined up ready to take a single shot through both of their heads due to the lanka's punchthrough.  

Also-- Plz make this valid for Bows as well-- but maybe 20% dmg bonus to bows/ 40% bonus headshot dmg for sniper rifles... on the same aura-- "deadeye".

Thanks for listening DE!

-The only Sniper on Ps4 "I think"

The issues with Dead Eye's stats relative to Rifle Amp have been pointed out and don't seem to match up considering multi-weapon use. The only short term answer to 'why' is, given that it is Alert Only, would be if you don't yet have Rifle Amp and want higher Sniper Damage now (not a great answer but a possible one!).

The overall disparity has been logged when it was re-released and has potential to be reviewed, but an honest 'when' is uncertain at this time.

Please just replace it with something else entirely, like bonus damage when hitting weak spots like the head.

Auras should benefit the team.  There's 10 other slots for selfish things :)  An aura designed just to benefit a specific type of primary is way too specific.  One for Primaries (Rifle Amp, if it also impacted shotguns) and one for Secondaries (still missing) would be fine.  But not one specific to snipers, one for shotguns, one for bows, etc.  And yes, that goes for the Scavenger auras as well.

Edited by Axterix13

Please just replace it with something else entirely, like bonus damage when hitting weak spots like the head.

I actually like this idea, and would do justice to the "Dead Eye" name more. Instead of Dead Eye giving a general damage buff, it should dish out a massive damage bonus if one hits a weakspot, say the head. In fact, something like "Increase damage on headshots by X%" or something should make Dead Eye quite useful. That way, Dead Eye is not only unique, but it benefits weapons with good accuracy like Sniper Rifles without being specific to said weapons.

I think when he says snipers=rifles, he's talking in a 'real world' sense.

They share a lot of the same mods and those mods say 'rifle'. So when an aura buffs a 'rifle', it could buff any gun in the 'rifle' category like serration, heavy caliber, split chamber.