Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nova Plague...

(PSN)truelight4u

Because It's damn fun to Know some people like you got pissed off just by seeing the Nova , and even more when you come to cry in forum,

Even the starter can't almost do same thing as Nova : 

-> Excalibro his ultimate is Aoe 

-> Mag hight range 1 hit ko

-> Trollki Oh ennemies does not have weapon *Hit the song Trololo here* if you see what i mean

So what about stoping to cry and play the games?

Thats a ridiculous thing to say

I came to have fun

If im sitting around doing nothing im not having fun

It is a game after all

Not everyone is in for lazy EXP

you would be surprised everyone wants the exp. Despite how you prefer to obtain it many just want the exp to lvl a weap/WF to forma etc all over again. Just to add it to their shiny collection. O.O thats pretty much what the game is spam lvl to get higher strength stuff. While yes watching can be boring your still getting all of that EXP which most people want (besides the factors of mats/mods) o.o also its fun to run ahead of novas and kill the area before them. XD find it funny how some nova's get angered because of that. For ones that want to experience a challenge and feel like playing then higher lvl opponents kill novas fun spam and make you feel more like your playing. O.O besides that survivals are the best places for players to play. Endless enemies and rewards every 5 mins with enemies slowly getting stronger and stronger.

Nova is @(*()$ boring.  I want to slice/dice/smash/electrocute/disintegrate enemies.  Not just have them ALL explode by one S#&$-eating-grin sporting loli who pressed 4.  Nova is boring, she makes games boring, she takes all the XP, she has a boring design, she sucks all the fun out of the game and if you say this people will call you a noob for not enjoying a frame that can instantly win a game by pressing 4.

NERF NOVA. 

o.O they dont steal exp why do so many people say that.

No, that's a cop out and a dodge. If you wanted a challenge you wouldn't be using Nova, or Trinity for that matter. I often see high lvl games which go Nova and Trinity as a default options. That's not looking for a challenge, when one frame gives 600% damage buffs with 50% debuff and the other gives a 30 second God mode, the only challenge you're facing is how long is it going to take to get bored or run out of ammo. 

I don't decide, DE did when they already balanced the game around lvl 40-50 max. What you're advocating is letting the daft damage % remain on abilities and mods, then saying there is no challenge until level such and such, well of course there won't be, as the ability wipes out everything on the map until you hit lvl 50+

o.o  Whats the point in having good weapons that can destroy opponents easily at lvl 50+? thats just the lower default lvls for people who are clearing the star map. Thats whats set for a small challenge in completing it. >.> many weaps can handle lvl 50+ opponents with ease. Each set is a starting point for opponent spawns. Pop a survival/defense in and you will see where the heavy hitters start coming in. So no 40-50 is not the balance, its merely the highest base starting point.

Going higher may seem pointless to you but each and every frame has its own limits. Testing how far those limits go and seeing how useful their abilities are when opponents lvls rise higher and higher are ways of seeing how useful a frame/weapon can go. Its not for pride (though you will ofc have people that brag as no game is free of those people) A challenge is a challenge and you can truly test how far a frame will last and find how good it will be suited for different situations/opponents.

Edited by dragonkingdx

you would be surprised everyone wants the exp. Despite how you prefer to obtain it many just want the exp to lvl a weap/WF to forma etc all over again. Just to add it to their shiny collection. O.O thats pretty much what the game is spam lvl to get higher stuff. While yes watching can be boring your still getting all of that EXP which most people want (besides the factors of mats/mods) o.o also its fun to run ahead of novas and kill the area before them. XD find it funny how some nova's get angered because of that. For ones that want to experience a challenge and feel like playing then higher lvl opponents kill novas fun spam and make you feel more like your playing. O.O besides that survivals are the best places for players to play. Endless enemies and rewards every 5 mins with enemies slowly getting stronger and stronger.

Everyone wants EXP yes

But sitting there for it isnt any fun

Now i dont have anything against nova but that guys argument was flat out dumb

Your enjoyment =/= everyone elses

You shouldnt treat them like theyre wrong for not liking it regardless of how they benefit

With that attitude we might as well make it pay2win and just find people to leech off all day

Everyone wants EXP yes

But sitting there for it isnt any fun

Now i dont have anything against nova but that guys argument was flat out dumb

Your enjoyment =/= everyone elses

You shouldnt treat them like theyre wrong for not liking it regardless of how they benefit

With that attitude we might as well make it pay2win and just find people to leech off all day

But you choose to sit there. It is possible to run ahead of a and kill in the next room. Novas may be room cleaners but on missions that aren't endless opponents are more spread out. Meaning nova wont always 1 hit KO an entire room. o.o besides that there are other warframes that can kill a room and are far less complained about. Ever see a volt/mag on a corpus map. 1 button death for anything in main view. Your only as helpless as you allow yourself to be.

Ive been a nova and been on teams with novas (when im not one). So I know personally how easy it is to spam Mprime and run to the next area. I also know what its like to get screwed for that tactic as well. I also know what its like to trail behind nova's and hell I still get a decent amount of kills. Ive run ahead and killed before nova reaches the area and ive also picked up the scraps when im too slow to run ahead of the nova. Your only as useless as you allow yourself to be since many ultimate's have a direct damage effect while nova's does not. So you always have that chance to kill before they prime.

Edited by dragonkingdx

But you choose to sit there. It is possible to run ahead of a and kill in the next room. Novas may be room cleaners but on missions that aren't endless opponents are more spread out. Meaning nova wont always 1 hit KO an entire room. o.o besides that there are other warframes that can kill a room and are far less complained about. Ever see a volt/mag on a corpus map. 1 button death for anything in main view. Your only as helpless as you allow yourself to be.

Ive been a nova and been on teams with novas (when im not one). So I know personally how easy it is to spam Mprime and run to the next area. I also know what its like to get screwed for that tactic as well. I also know what its like to trail behind nova's and hell I still get a decent amount of kills. Ive run ahead and killed before nova reaches the area and ive also picked up the scraps when im too slow to run ahead of the nova. Your only as useless as you allow yourself to be since many ultimate's have a direct damage effect while nova's does not. So you always have that chance to kill before they prime.

Again

I think nova is mostly fine and doesnt need a nerf

Shes strong but has a dropoff point where shes not broken but very useful

My only gripe is that guys lack of an argument

Also

Have you seen overextended M prime?

Im never without it anymore

Step One: Get the biggest empty mug you can find.

Step Two: Go into recruit chat

Step Three: Make a advert for a game you're hosting.

Step Four: Put "No Novas" at the end of the advert.

Step Five: Put on your flame shield quickly.

Step Six: Drink deep of the tears of rage that fill your inbox.

Self Quote - "What the hell... I can't understand it. Why is it whenever I run any defense mission all I see is Nova! I can't take it! I feel like a plague has broken loose. The Nova virus is incurable and her molecular prime spreads like wild fire. Please, I beg you to choose another frame. Stop taking everyone's kills, stop it! "

No where in that statement did I say I hate Nova. I just wish players gave a chance to others to enjoy getting their hands dirty with the blood of Grineers and Corpus. I don't mind if a Nova joins my team, so long as they're not spamming 4th and making the game feel cheesy. So long as I don't see her in every run. Wait, Nova has 3 other abilities? I've never seen them.

There are other frames just as good as her or even better. Mag for instance Shield Polarize and Crush work wonders. Valkyr the invincible, Trinity the invulnerable and Loki the shadow lord just to name a few. What I'm saying is that are 19 frames that we can choose from not including the prime. To have Nova join your team back-to-back by random players for nearly entire month is just insanely mind boggling. 

Anyhow my original argument was/is there are others to choose from. I do like Nova, but I like the other 18 also, which help keep the game refreshing for myself and my eyes.

tumblr_m7f8voCuVo1qm6lfio2_250.gif

I ran my nova purely for her speed and the first skill.. until I learned that the damage on the first skill did not scale well with higher levels. Now she sits on the shelf because 4 spam moves don't interest me, I still have never used my rhino stomp fact there is no polarity slot left for it now

Because It's damn fun to Know some people like you got &!$$ed off just by seeing the Nova , and even more when you come to cry in forum,

Even the starter can't almost do same thing as Nova : 

-> Excalibro his ultimate is Aoe 

-> Mag hight range 1 hit ko

-> Trollki Oh ennemies does not have weapon *Hit the song Trololo here* if you see what i mean

So what about stoping to cry and play the games?

I decided to run xini for some keys one day but forgot to put it on solo. I got dropped in a game and the first comment was an agressive comment in relation to my Nova and i got told to leave.

I stayed, and spammed MP (which i normally don't do) ... just to annoy him ...

Not everynow spams MP . I play the game to win, don't care about kills and if that requires me to use MP then I will, same as I will use Overload or Stomp. They are there for a reason.

Yesterday last defence I joined, I needed to switch to Nova (from Trinity) as we had none...

@Ew_Tux

Have done something similar in past... just because the way they ask or say things is way too aggressive.

But most runs I do lower the ability usage if it's clear there is few trying to level up something.

Edited by OneMember

(Just to say, I didn't read page 3-4-5, it seem I read everytime the same thing...)

The main problem of the nova is that one shot a room full of lvl 60 grineer bombard is possible. Beside Valkyr (But it's slower) I don't see a warframe who can do this.

For example, Mag can do the same before lvl 20-25 with range/damage Crush build but after, if it's not corpus mag is just here to stun them.(No shield = Shield polarize useless, and pull don't do a lot of damage)

Ash seem to be good for almost every level I do, but he can't kill a full room because he have a kill limit with his ult.

If you know an other warframe usefull with 40-50+ and all "species", say it because I don't see it.

Maybe the secret to break the Nova plague is to up some other warframe damage ? Or create other warframe usefull for high level enemies. (Or make more mods slot with more levels, but there will be more problem with that I think...)

(Just to say, I didn't read page 3-4-5, it seem I read everytime the same thing...)

The main problem of the nova is that one shot a room full of lvl 60 grineer bombard is possible. Beside Valkyr (But it's slower) I don't see a warframe who can do this.

For example, Mag can do the same before lvl 20-25 with range/damage Crush build but after, if it's not corpus mag is just here to stun them.(No shield = Shield polarize useless, and pull don't do a lot of damage)

Ash seem to be good for almost every level I do, but he can't kill a full room because he have a kill limit with his ult.

If you know an other warframe usefull with 40-50+ and all "species", say it because I don't see it.

Maybe the secret to break the Nova plague is to up some other warframe damage ? Or create other warframe usefull for high level enemies. (Or make more mods slot with more levels, but there will be more problem with that I think...)

Hydroid says "Gurgle gurgle gurgle bloop bloop" which translates to "hiya, how ya doing today?"

Edited by -Vash-

*released Nova plague*

Yeah! Nova! :3 she's da best! :D

EDIT: Is EXP sooo dam precious to everyone? And kills aswell...last time i checked this game is based team work and not

''Who has the most kills win'' :P

Chillax and grab a drink while Nova does the job for you...Free EXP ya'know.

As for myself when im lvling stuff i just love seeing Nova's on my team....makes it ALOT easier to lvl stuff up faster.

GO NOVA'S!

Yes, because I play games to watch other people play it. It really isn't fun, especially when you are Frost, so EVERYBODY but YOU gets to go door hero, while you have to babysit

I would laugh so, so hard if one day DE decided to remove Molecular Prime's damage, or at least reduce it drastically...  But then again, I nerf the damage on mine in favor of spreading out the debuff and dropping the cost as much as possible for that delicious double damage that helps so much in T3 Survival.

For defense...  Meh, I'd rather crowd-control the suckers.  Lately I've taken to using Hydroid and placing tentacles at one chokepoint, and then going to another and placing castanas before puddling to concentrate a bunch of enemies into one spot.  Then I pop out of puddle and skip away with a mad laugh as my castanas go off and kill everything.  It just sucks when other players decide that instead of dealing with the enemies pouring in elsewhere they should run right over me to fight enemies that are already doomed anyway.

Edited by AhziDahaka

Well to start

Loki limits all units to Melee and can anise invisibility and decoy on infested bunches easily

Nyx can quickly make any heavy unit into an ally and turn all enemies against eachother

Rhino is well balanced in defense and CC and can throw a dmg buff out that shouldn't be taken lightly

Trinity . Enough said

Max flame ember. Though the upkeep is hard

Vaubro renders all units useless. Overextended energy efficient route is good for most missions. Might want to drop overextend sometimes because it can slow things down a bit

Saryn- enough said

I can go on forever

Well to start

Loki limits all units to Melee and can anise invisibility and decoy on infested bunches easily

Nyx can quickly make any heavy unit into an ally and turn all enemies against eachother

Rhino is well balanced in defense and CC and can throw a dmg buff out that shouldn't be taken lightly

Trinity . Enough said

Max flame ember. Though the upkeep is hard

Vaubro renders all units useless. Overextended energy efficient route is good for most missions. Might want to drop overextend sometimes because it can slow things down a bit

Saryn- enough said

I can go on forever

Nova is killing everything? No worries, just go sit on the cryopod and enjoy the explosions along your favourite space ninja beverage and relax, just remember to pick up the loot (and the ocasional nova lying in the floor after triping over a mod).

Remember you are getting xp for someone else's work so there is no negative side to having novas around.

Wow =.=

We want to PLAY the game. Not just go afk. You think there's a reason we go on the game. Fine you know what. Delete all Warframes and just change Warframe to

NOVA

Why does everybody assume that each mission we're in it for the EXP? No we're just in it for fun sometimes. Maybe to test our new weapons, to try our new stances. To MELEE. But Nova simply just takes all of that out with one ability. Look at Loki's RD. it PROMOTES melee.

How about removing the detonation from Mprime,

sounds bad at first, but buff the dmg multiplier and slowing effect and it should balance out, particularly with AMD.

This would allow other people to kill them, more teamwork.

The slowing effect is what &!$$es people off the most...

Edited by Sedant