Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breaking News! Eclipse Is Removing Anger From The Galaxy!

2ply

1.void gives more battle pay

2.victory over the angry army is due to a bug that attacker rails take 10times more damage

Well more specifically the bug is that the defenders (or even more accurately, the rails that remained since the last hotfix) aren't being effected by the increased effectiveness of runs. The attacks are receiving the new damage values but the defenders aren't.

DE pls.

Heheh. It's funny because you didn't understand HIS sentence.

More than you ;)

The point still stands: Dark Sectors only have a credit reward to fuel the tax. The main purpose of the Dark Sectors was never for credits. You're being led by the red herring. The Void is already the credit farm. The Dark Sectors is the exp and resource farm.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that statement I just had isn't entirely true, either. The Dark Sectors are actually also for credits.

But through battle pay. 

One good way of playing it, and Eclipse took it. I applaud them. 

More than you ;)

Pardon?

The point still stands: Dark Sectors only have a credit reward to fuel the tax. The main purpose of the Dark Sectors was never for credits. You're being led by the red herring. The Void is already the credit farm. The Dark Sectors is the exp and resource farm.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that statement I just had isn't entirely true, either. The Dark Sectors are actually also for credits.

But through battle pay. 

One good way of playing it, and Eclipse took it. I applaud them. 

Credit farming in Dark Sectors still has it's place over Void farming. For one, believe it or not, not everyone has a butt ton of keys on hand all the time. Keys run out. You have to farm more. Dark Sectors are a great place to go farm up some credits quick without having to think about the keys or waste them if you want to run them with particular people for loot.

And bringing up the "you can run them nonstop" thing again, if someone is really hardcore credit farming they will use the dark sectors, unless they had an infinite amount of keys constantly hidden in a safe behind a painting.

So let's check the people off the list who like credit farming in DS.

1. Newbies without keys

2. People generally low on keys

3. People who want to safe their keys

4. People planning to do extensive credit farming beyond the number of keys they have

And secret option:

5. People who want the "whole" package of goodies while farming from DS. Mainly for efficiency if you're looking to farm several types of things you can find in these high paying dark sectors.

>You're being led by the red herring.

I'm being lead by no one. Watch the accusations you make when people are just telling you the reason they do something.

Pardon?

Credit farming in Dark Sectors still has it's place over Void farming. For one, believe it or not, not everyone has a butt ton of keys on hand all the time. Keys run out. You have to farm more. Dark Sectors are a great place to go farm up some credits quick without having to think about the keys or waste them if you want to run them with particular people for loot.

And bringing up the "you can run them nonstop" thing again, if someone is really hardcore credit farming they will use the dark sectors, unless they had an infinite amount of keys constantly hidden in a safe behind a painting.

So let's check the people off the list who like credit farming in DS.

1. Newbies without keys

2. People generally low on keys

3. People who want to safe their keys

4. People planning to do extensive credit farming beyond the number of keys they have

And secret option:

5. People who want the "whole" package of goodies while farming from DS. Mainly for efficiency if you're looking to farm several types of things you can find in these high paying dark sectors.

>You're being led by the red herring.

I'm being lead by no one. Watch the accusations you make when people are just telling you the reason they do something.

Fine and dandy, really, you have your points.

Of course, newbies go there for credits, that's understandable. But you can't eat your cake and still have it. There's always a trade off. The system as it is encourages tax. The 0% tax rails, as it were, makes other glory-hungry 0%-also clans attack these 0% tax rails. Sure, 5k battle pay at the start: A whole five minutes. Then it's back to 0 credits for the next 47 hours and 55 minutes. 

As I told my brother, only two people can do 0% tax rails: Big, strong clans who can support themselves with a massive base of dedicated players; Or complete idiots. The former still presents impressive battle pay, and creams their zero-tax-empty-coffer opponents. The latter gives you a 48 hour conflict with no battle pay and no dark sector.

The whole point of this discussion is that Battle pay is a "Necessary evil". It's a quick way to settle things down, a damper on this under-damped system, fluctuating between clans wildly, and everyone suffers.

Yes, newbies like farming credits there. 20% tax on their Earth 7k battle pay is a 5.6k credit run. Maybe round it up nicely to 10k, if you're being generous. But how many newbies can survive these Dark Sectors? With only a skana, Braton and Sicarus, at best? Maybe four of them? 

Yes, people who like to save their keys will farm here. Go to Ceres, wait five minutes, extract, profit. Right? How much is the battlepay untaxed? 11k? Good for you, that's really not bad. Lock down, 48 hours. 

0% tax only benefits the people if strong, active clans take over it. There are not many clans like that. People will always challenge. Battlepay is always needed. The amount of effort needed by clan members to fund a 0% rail is monstrous. Repairs and battle pay hurt. Looking at the bigger picture, until this happens, Eclipse is doing a darn fine job.

Also, before you make the assumption that eventually, enough of these big, strong clans will come up and take over the whole Dark Sectors... Congratulations. The problem of Dark Sectors have been solved. Perhaps it'll come one day. But it won't be soon. 

"they're not raising taxes too high" You wot.

Their taxes are 25-30%.

It should be dealt with.

I guess I should be complaining too, being an Eclipse member. We tax ourselves more than we tax the public. www.deathsnacks.com/wf

I like how this got moved to the "role play" section.

I think we got some forum mods that could be playing with their ability to suppress information...

Perhaps some bad blood was the motivation for such a move.

Support tickets on my fingertips...but not yet.

Fan Zone is not the roleplaying section.

That being said, alliance propaganda threads will likely be moved here from now on.

What.

How about making a whole new section called Alliance Propaganda if there are people who will seriously post them?

Battle pay is a joke and only suckers will be swayed by it, especially if it results in a 25% tax rail later on.

The 25-30% credit tax is peanuts.

Highly offensive, toxic to the soul, peanuts.

I guess I should be complaining too, being an Eclipse member. We tax ourselves more than we tax the public.

"I cut myself when I'm sad, so I should be able to cut you too."

Actually, he's neutral on this. He's with The Mighty Violation Train alliance, which is basically unaffiliated with Eclipse.

I think they're doing a good job, too, redirecting pay where it's needed from all sectors being taxed. Good strategy, and rewards players for supporting them. As far as can be seen, they're not raising taxes too high, and resources have yet to be taxed as far as I know, so all is fair. 

Also, attacking a clan just to get their battle pay is like shooting yourself in the foot for medical insurance: You can't actually cover your initial cost, but you might get that benefit. You're competing with the entirety of the mercenaries looking out for conflicts and Eclipse's Epic Battle Pay. Seriously. It ain't worth it. Better off doing Void runs.

And they'll only do that if you can really give them a run for their money, and that being the case, you'll need to fork out battle pay of your own.

That being said, with the amount of battle pay offered, the conflicts actually become far more lucrative than the Dark Sectors themselves, to say nothing of how quickly enemies go down with the Epic Battle Pay. They have good strategy here. Excellently done, Eclipse. These guys have surprised me.

At this rate, the only people to blame on Dark Sector conflicts is everyone except Eclipse. They're actually speeding it up.

Just a check, you do realize 2ply is one of the WARLORDS of an Eclipse Clan, correct?

Just a check, you do realize 2ply is one of the WARLORDS of an Eclipse Clan, correct?

Well, he wasn't at the time of writing, I believe. He was in another alliance.

At any rate, it's a small thing, and I do like how Eclipse is doing. I don't mind the taxes, and the battle pay is good enough to end conflicts relatively quickly.

Support who you will, friends. I support Eclipse because I think they're a dedicated and smart bunch, and not all malicious. However, I urge you Tenno not to hold against us who we support.

After all, we may be blowing up 500k worth of credits and other materials of each other, but we're still Tenno. Keep it civil, and leave the politics on the battlefields: take it out on the spectres.

Eclipse has loooots of credits, he has from where to make hight Battlepay... event they wil make a 100.000.000 Battle pay they will stll have loooot of credtis,they can even use the credits as Toilet Paper, belive me I was in Eclipse but i just don't know why they remove my Clan from the Alliance or my Clan leave the Alliance.... and 2ply Is a Warlord or as i was told he is the Alliance Warlord.

Edited by Andrei2560