Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Healing Role Is No Longer Needed In Wf.....

cary2010haha

As we have so many powerful CC/self defense skill's and with so powerful life drain melee weapon, we can even gain over 1000+ hp pre hit.

Ineffective against mobs with low health.

To drain life you need to close in, have energy left and actually hit something with sufficient health for sufficient damage. When you are already low on health, and your energy is low, that's a huge gamble.

You also need to have a melee weapon to begin with. Not everyone equips melee weapons or care to close in and engage in melee. I do not.

There are other, less riskier, more convenient ways to regenerate health.

Besides, if you are low on health, and you are concerned about health instead of shields, and you are not playing Valkyr, you are doing something terribly wrong.

Healing role was never truely needed, and I believe this is entirely intentional. There are literally only two healer frames in the entire game, and one of them is the 3rd newest frame. I doubt they wanted to have some sort of must-have frame for a party

To drain life you need to close in, have energy left and actually hit something with sufficient health for sufficient damage. When you are already low on health, and your energy is low, that's a huge gamble.

You also need to have a melee weapon to begin with. Not everyone equips melee weapons or care to close in and engage in melee. I do not.

Besides, if you are low on health, and you are concerned about health instead of shields, and you are not playing Valkyr, you are doing something terribly wrong.

melee heal is not about mob health, even a mob only have 1 hp, you do 14000 damage 1 hit, and you gain (5%) 700 hp 1hit

easy with some op melee weapon

Healing role was never truely needed, and I believe this is entirely intentional. There are literally only two healer frames in the entire game, and one of them is the 3rd newest frame. I doubt they wanted to have some sort of must-have frame for a party

There is of course  a revive option to make the healing less important, but considering the slash proc and high  damage of some enemies healing can be quite important.

I doubt "they" had any idea for viability and balance to begin with, two "healer" frames where one does laughable 200hp heal slowly and another gives instant full global invincibility? And if you do long survival Necros is a must (who would've though when he got released) and then Trinity to negate all the damage.

ITT: We barely try to pretend this isn't another "Nerf Trinity" thread.

GG, Haters.

You mean "improve the game" thread.

99% of the mission I play are with PUGs in the solar map.  I hardly play with my clan because everybody is busy in their clique, with their agenda, or in keyed missions because of QoL issues with keys.  Since Tenno Squad composition is unreliable in PUGs, healing role is not obsolete.  It is one of many possibilities and choices.  It helps to keep the game fresh.  Is it needed?  No, and it never was.  It's just one of the choices.  Choice is good.

Unfortunately, we don't have the choice to:

1)  Play the nightmare mode challenges we want, only the ones we get.

2)  Keep a team together for keyed missions.  Keyed mission squads auto-disband.

3)  play in a variety of environments, or other missions/location parameters, of our choosing, such as volcanic eruption, ion storm, etc., anti-nuke, low ammo, etc.

Edited by ThePresident777

You misspellled Loki

whats loki?? is that that.. thing that got replaced by Excalibur the moment corrupted mods came out?

Nekros is the ultimate healer...

Handles bleed procs, Bad play, kissing toxic ancients... 

and you still get to feel like a badass for not having a trinity carry you.

I have spent alot of defense missions on 22 health, with a 1100 shield mag/frame because of bleed procs, searching thro tins for those hp orbs..  Suicide heals you!

Edited by Tatersail

I see ash and partially excalibro as perfect candidates for the role, you can transform them in pseudo-valkyrs for as long as their smokescreen/radial blind last, with life steal, rage and qt, put on flow and vitality for safety reasons and you are done.

On thread, Oberon healing needs to be relevant, healer frames are still rare, and trinity is the only one, rejuvenate heals better than oberon.

I see ash and partially excalibro as perfect candidates for the role, you can transform them in pseudo-valkyrs for as long as their smokescreen/radial blind last, with life steal, rage and qt, put on flow and vitality for safety reasons and you are done.

On thread, Oberon healing needs to be relevant, healer frames are still rare, and trinity is the only one, rejuvenate heals better than oberon.

Granted, granted you have a melee weapon that does not lose effectiveness by adding life drain. I replace:

- spoiled strike, berserker, fury, point strike, or any of the 4 elemental combos for life drain? why would you ever want to trade the ability to flatten an entire room with barely some scratches on your shield for life drain that means nothing to you anyway?

Only IF, you are playing solo and can't rely on your team for revives.

Only IF, you are playing super high level missions with super low level and super bad frames, and you are super new at the game and tend to take damage and die a lot.

Then maybe life drain makes sense.

It has been a while since I actually paid any sense to my HP, which maybe, maybe sometimes gets dented for 50-80 HP.

I can only see life drain relevant if I play (as you mentioned) warframes like Ash pr Excal, solo, with sword in hand and like to get personal about things, and you do not have the rejuvenation aura.

With a good primary weapon equipped, while playing basically any frame I can think of. Welp! I really cannot find any reason why I would ever be in trouble. And if that ever happens,  10x medium team health restore and 2 seconds of sitting still. (which is dirt cheap and does not kill a mod slot for no good reason).

So, um, life steal is as good as oberon's heal, really.

Also, why not have flow on absolutely every frame, all the time?