Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Some Infested Tenno?

Psychotoxin

So, we have grineer and corpus bodies recombined, and reanimated by the technocyte plague.

And we all have had that run where, no matter what you do, you somehow end up being hugged by 4-5 toxic ancients, and a friendly disruptor taking away that pesky, useless energy, you carry around. This ends either in a miraculous escape with a bit of running, or with a frustrated, dead frame lying on the ground.

So the tenno can sucumb to the technocyte plague, and that means, that frames can be infected.

You might argue that the frames are airtight, and thus the plague doesn`t reach inside, but phorid`s quills can "rip a frame to shreds"...

So after this garbled mess of a text, my question is - why don`t we get infested tenno as an occasional enemy type, or maybe an intelligent assassin-type thing (read stalker`s infested counterpart)?

Imagine how awesome would it be, that you have an enemy with the mindless all-consuming drive of the infested, enhanced with the ofensive/defensive capabilities of the tenno.

You could argue that the eximuses are such an enemy, but they still are chargers, runners or ancients, with a bit more health and an added effect.

What i want is an infested enemy that could match the Tenno in agility, movement, and fighting capabilities.

TL:DR

Tenno+Technocyte plague=infested stalker-like enemy. <- do want!!!

that - but as a thing that wants to taste my flesh... the concept is pretty awesome...

Tenno are already a product of Technocyte. They just could control it instead of becoming mindless mutated zombies like the infested.

yeah, but you can always lose it and snap at some point, where the power becomes too much to control, and you become a slave to what you controlled a while ago...

that - but as a thing that wants to taste my flesh... the concept is pretty awesome...

yeah, but you can always lose it and snap at some point, where the power becomes too much to control, and you become a slave to what you controlled a while ago...

No, we can't "snap". What makes them transform is feeling the pain of it eating their flesh. We feel no pain. We were born that way.

My idea is a infested warframe (not the man/woman inside who already is as we know) but the actual warframe... It would look dope

Abilities You ask? Disruption!

Why only let those damn infested have it?

edit : ok lol, so I just clicked on the 1st link... That warframe looks dope!

Edited by CryoClaw

My idea is a infested warframe (not the man/woman inside who already is as we know) but the actual warframe... It would look dope

Abilities You ask? Disruption!

Why only let those damn infested have it?

We have disruption in a form of magnetic procs.

No Tenno has ever been infected with Technocyte from the infestation because we already are technocyte.  We're called Tenno because our progenitor, Hayden Tenno.  He was infected with Technocyte and did not go insane from it, and did not lose himself to the hive mind.  He mastered it, and so we emulate him and strive for martial perfection in his honor. 

Warframes themselves are just implements to channel our power, they likely are technocyte constructs.

Edited by Gaminus

No, we can't "snap". What makes them transform is feeling the pain of it eating their flesh. We feel no pain. We were born that way.

then why is Valkyr half crazy after the torture? I mean - torture is based on causing physical, emotional and any other kind of pain.

We're already infested, cf. Dark Sector(game), Proto Armor. That's why we're so popular to hire for combat against them.

I know of Dark Sector (game), played it myself, and know the story more or less.

Yet - if we`re infested, but on a higher level of self-control and awareness, shouldn`t there be a backwards link with the infested? i mean, J3 (when he still existed on Jupiter), Phorid and the big Golem in the derelicts show a reasonably high amount of awareness and understanding. they`ve also spent a lot of time and we`ve awoken with amnesia - could it really be impossible for them to find a way, to revert the frames to their lowest, where they are ultra advanced, yet mindless killing machines?

then why is Valkyr half crazy after the torture? I mean - torture is based on causing physical, emotional and any other kind of pain.

I know of Dark Sector (game), played it myself, and know the story more or less.

Yet - if we`re infested, but on a higher level of self-control and awareness, shouldn`t there be a backwards link with the infested? i mean, J3 (when he still existed on Jupiter), Phorid and the big Golem in the derelicts show a reasonably high amount of awareness and understanding. they`ve also spent a lot of time and we`ve awoken with amnesia - could it really be impossible for them to find a way, to revert the frames to their lowest, where they are ultra advanced, yet mindless killing machines?

Valkyr isnt crazy, she's just &!$$ed.  She can still hack consoles and cooperate, its just that she uses her anger to hone her power.  It's like what the Tenno do with Technocyte.  She isnt completely feral.

Edited by Gaminus

"Valkyr is the berserker of Warframes [..]. Driven by feral rage, her attacks rend her prey with fury and ferociousness, while her tortured cries break the imposing silence of the Tenno presence."

Tenno don`t feel pain, yet Valkyr somehow snapped?

"Valkyr is the berserker of Warframes [..]. Driven by feral rage, her attacks rend her prey with fury and ferociousness, while her tortured cries break the imposing silence of the Tenno presence."

Tenno don`t feel pain, yet Valkyr somehow snapped?

Having parts of your body ripped off, being cut open, and being subjected to psychological torture tends to &!$$ people off, regardless if they can actually feel it.

Edited by Gaminus

The Warframe armor is made from the same technocite virus but a completely different strain, that had been modeffied to both sync with the wearer and to enable the tenno to maintain complete control. the normal infested strain that infects the other factions, is a wild one that cant be cured, the only way to cleans it is to destroy it.

BTW if you actually listen to Valkyrs cries - those are not cries of anger, but cries of desperation, pain and confusion, with anger mixed inbetween.

Also - being crazy doesn`t mean you can`t manipulate your surroundings. there are many types of crazy...

The corpus probably hurt her psychically to controll her, but it didn't work and now she's &!$$ed.

Edited by ArchTenno

BTW if you actually listen to Valkyrs cries - those are not cries of anger, but cries of desperation, pain and confusion, with anger mixed inbetween.

Also - being crazy doesn`t mean you can`t manipulate your surroundings. there are many types of crazy...

The cries sound pretty angry to me. If anything ask [DE]Megan what the sound crew told her to do.

Valkyr is broken by long periods of experimentation and torture. She isn't infected with the plague. These are two completely different types of mental breakdowns.

From looking at materials to make a warframe it can be inferred that the suit if formed from a perfected strain that allows a tenno to control the virus as thus its highly unlikely that a tenno could lose control and become a T-cyte freak. If anything think of it as the zero virus from MMX where it doesn't affect zero but makes him stronger. If anything that's why we have the infested lab because we can manipulate it to forge weapons for our needs and keep them in control. So sadly there can't be a infested tenno or warframe maybe a Locust frame that uses the infestation to do his bidding.

Reduces shields and energy (pve enemies don't have energy though, or at least they don't need it) and does the hud scrambling effect.

Oh

But they should Srsly make it so that it disables their abilities like those eximus units that have all sorts of things

Valkyr isn't "crazy" or "broken". She's highly competent and relatively angry. If she could feel pain, the fact that HALF OF HER FACE IS MISSING would leave her in constant, uncontrollable agony, a writhing mass of helpless flesh.

I realize it's pointless to type this because the "BUT I WANT THIS" factor of your brain will force you to battle to the very death for it, but it 100% does not fit in lore, at all, whatsoever.

So let's hear what bs the "BUT I WANT THIS" part of you makes up next.