Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey [De]... Could You Tone Down The Eximus Scans? (Suggestions Included)

Xandis

Based on all my Eximus searches, they tend to spawn every 2 minutes, which isn't that bad. But then again, it's just one out of all the possible enemies that could spawn on the current mission. Like you said, more varying enemy types need to appear in all missions.

ye.

30 scans for like, a Runner for example, is not bad at all. it's an Uncommon Enemy Type, so you see them in reasonable numbers in every mission.

we shouldn't have Rare Enemies, unless they are some sort of 'mini-boss'. Uncommon is 'rare' enough.

no. let's fix it the right way.

make those nearly non-existent Enemy Types ACTUALLY APPEAR. 

we lack Enemy Diversity as it is, certain Enemy Types shouldn't spawn like, once per long Defense mission. no. they should be a mix in with the rest of the standard units.

that is the fix. 

tweaking the Codex doesn't address the actual problem.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the Eximus scans condensed regardless,  but yeah, this. Why are enemies like electric crawlers so rare anyway? Why even have rare enemies? It really takes away from what little gameplay diversity there is, having us fight the same 1 or 2 enemies over and over when there's a ton just watching by the sidelines and only rearing their scannable faces once in a blue moon. +1 to you, I want to see the army of Lobbers and Electrics rise up against the box campers!

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Welp, if anyone is still interested, the current Quantum Nova alert spawns Nauseous Crawlers pretty often. I even found an Eximus version! What luck!

Alert ends about 40min as I post this

I was in there for 2 hours 45 minutes running back and forth to try and get a homing fang. Got one at the very end but my god, that was dull. Whoever put one of the stance mods on an enemy that doesn't have a place on the starmap needs to be taken out back and given the Lecta for a few minutes.

The infested are harder to get but how about going on scanning runs where everyone in the party agrees to scan and not kill and then get frames with powers that help scanning? Like Vauban, Loki, you know, CCing dudes.

The others should be easy with invasion missions. You should get at least a couple showing up per run for whatever side you are backing.

Updated first post with possible solutions.

The infested are harder to get but how about going on scanning runs where everyone in the party agrees to scan and not kill and then get frames with powers that help scanning? Like Vauban, Loki, you know, CCing dudes.

The others should be easy with invasion missions. You should get at least a couple showing up per run for whatever side you are backing.

True, but I rarely find people who are even faintly interested in fiddling with the Codex. As for Invasion missions, it can be a little difficult if a random Grineer/Corpus ally pops up and blasts away that Crawler Eximus you've been looking for.

True, but I rarely find people who are even faintly interested in fiddling with the Codex. As for Invasion missions, it can be a little difficult if a random Grineer/Corpus ally pops up and blasts away that Crawler Eximus you've been looking for.

Find a party in the boards, then, there's a section for that.

And for the invasion missions i meant for the Corpus and Grineer Eximi

scanning is bugged in solo private invite..modes. does not register 50% for me anyways.

I've noticed this myself too, scanning random Eximus but the Scanner amount doesn't go down. Oddly enough, it still counts the unit as scanned, but I'm not sure if it actually gets logged into the Codex.

Well, just went on a bunch of 30-wave Pluto Dark Sector runs. Found an Electric Crawler Eximus after 50 years! Now I'm just missing a Lobber Crawler Eximus and unfortunately, those guys are even rarer, considering how I only saw about 10 in total.

And for the invasion missions i meant for the Corpus and Grineer Eximi

Invasions do seem to be a good place for various Eximus, I usually find at least one per run, two if I'm lucky.

Must be about halfway done completely scanning each Eximus. I could have probably completed the old Codex three times by now D:

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I made table on the Wiki showing all the possible compatibilities.

I died and got stuck somehow during a g3 fight because the two people I was with wanted to scan them...and they died...so then I died reviving one of them. Oh and I think it was the part I needed too.

So any time someone tries to scan mobs...I blow them up. Cause I'm bitter.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Powerfist, and I'm not sure I've ever encountered a Flameblade at all.

How the hell am I supposed to find Eximus versions of those enemies and all the other super-rare ones?

The Eximus versions shouldn't even show up in the Codex as separate entries--they should be part of their base versions, and should share the same scans.

And as for the amount you need to scan anything, there's no point having it be so high. Just make it so you only need to scan anything once, and jack up the price of scanner charges if you must. We'll all still be hunting after that one last enemy forever anyway, so there's no loss for DE.

God help us all if DE make unique scans worth Mastery.

There is but a meager reward for scanning... and as I completionist, I want to do it... but the number of scans for rare mobs is ridiculous. Couple that with little reward... it's like they are telling me not to do it.

I most likely have to solo missions as no one will allow me to scan anything, including bosses.

They should up the scanning speed as well. Why not have it but a second long 'casting' time? What about having an AoE scanner?

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Powerfist, and I'm not sure I've ever encountered a Flameblade at all.

How the hell am I supposed to find Eximus versions of those enemies and all the other super-rare ones?

The Eximus versions shouldn't even show up in the Codex as separate entries--they should be part of their base versions, and should share the same scans.

And as for the amount you need to scan anything, there's no point having it be so high. Just make it so you only need to scan anything once, and jack up the price of scanner charges if you must. We'll all still be hunting after that one last enemy forever anyway, so there's no loss for DE.

God help us all if DE make unique scans worth Mastery.

There is but a meager reward for scanning... and as I completionist, I want to do it... but the number of scans for rare mobs is ridiculous. Couple that with little reward... it's like they are telling me not to do it.

I most likely have to solo missions as no one will allow me to scan anything, including bosses.

They should up the scanning speed as well. Why not have it but a second long 'casting' time? What about having an AoE scanner?

More suggestions added to the OP, thanks guys!

And by the way, Flameblades (fortunately) lack an Eximus variant. As for the Powerfists, I've only met one, and I can't even remember where I scanned him.

Woo! One month anniversary! D:

On the bright side, I'm glad they at least brought back the ability to see enemies you finished scanning through walls (and in green no less). Also they did acknowledge the problem with the Eximus scans in the livestream, so at least they're aware of it. Perhaps Update 14 will bring some much needed condensing for the scans?

On the bright side, I'm glad they at least brought back the ability to see enemies you finished scanning through walls (and in green no less). Also they did acknowledge the problem with the Eximus scans in the livestream, so at least they're aware of it. Perhaps Update 14 will bring some much needed condensing for the scans?

I'm still annoyed that it's a green highlight, being red-green colorblind myself.

Combined with issue that you can still scan the green ones, i can't tell which is which! D:

Could've picked blue at least......or white.

Edited by Syzodia