Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Nova Topic

Azawarau

I just had a strange encounter

I was running outer terminus just because and had a valkyr join the team around wave 2

I mentioned that my Nova build wouldnt be able to kill because it was max range and high efficiency so he wouldnt be reliant on explosions and get himself into a bad place

He seemed to think my build was absolutely backwards

He said something like Nova is meant to be a mage nuke and not CC

My build is more of an energy efficient team buff and enemy debuff

It has amazing range and slows enemies down. Also the double damage is really nice

In low waves it might not be as good as the power nova but when novas power build would damage stops killing i find this build more useful

Anyways

He kind of gave me a tough time on my build, Utility>Damage

I thought it was funny since so many people just flat out hate novas

Ignore that guy, alot of people here on the forums would be grateful to have a Nova like you on their team (no MPrime all day, every day, more utility) then there are those who enjoying a SuperNova (pun intended). There are those who don't care about going out and finding the enemies, then there are those who hate having to chase them all over the place. Her powers have been the subject of intense discussion by the individuals here on the forums, so it seems there is some impasse about her.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Efficiency Nova is the best Nova in my opinion...

Even without the 129% Power, the explosions CAN kill things off when used against overwhelming odds (Since, you can get lots of instances of the damage to kill more things to get more explosions etc)

But yeah... It seems a lot of people just assume that a Nova is going for a Power build.

That said, most of the complaints about Nova are about the Efficiency Novas rather than the Power ones - Since the main thing people hate is the Spamming of MP, something Power Nova cannot do (Due to not being able to get the 75% efficiency cap and thus relying on Energy Orbs/Restores after a while) and most people seem to be doing really low level stuff where even Efficiency Nova's MP one shots rooms.

i see the usefullness of slowing everyone down and double damge, but i have to side with the person giving you trouble on this one. if you have extended range and stretch you can cause headaches trying to find the enemies on a defenese mission with rooms and etc like xini or something. i myself prefer to have a max damage build with full intensify and blind rage and then throw stretch ontop. i dont really care what people say this is more useful when you are being over run on high levels. people that play nova with this build that go around spamming it i do not agree with. i like novas speed and agility and i basically run and gun until there is no other choice.

You are exactly right. Utility Nova is much better in higher wave, high level missions. Nukes don't work anymore when they get to high level, so building towards strength doesn't matter. People can be really rude in games sometimes. Best to take it in stride. Everyone has their opinions, including mine above. Just cause I think it's right, doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Slightly OT, it's sad people get so angry when certain skills are used (MP, Tornado, Rhino Stomp, Miasma, Reckoning). What if the person is trying to level up their warframe? What if they are trying to be helpful to speed rush the mission like so many do? For me, it's a matter of balance. Too much of a powerful skill can make others feel useless. Too little, and they'll be upset that the mission failed and you could have prevented it.

Edited by Sh1n3y

Efficiency Nova is the best Nova in my opinion...

Even without the 129% Power, the explosions CAN kill things off when used against overwhelming odds (Since, you can get lots of instances of the damage to kill more things to get more explosions etc)

But yeah... It seems a lot of people just assume that a Nova is going for a Power build.

That said, most of the complaints about Nova are about the Efficiency Novas rather than the Power ones - Since the main thing people hate is the Spamming of MP, something Power Nova cannot do (Due to not being able to get the 75% efficiency cap and thus relying on Energy Orbs/Restores after a while) and most people seem to be doing really low level stuff where even Efficiency Nova's MP one shots rooms.

you can spam a power build nova..if you have flow and streamline on..you get 450 energy with flow on and MP cost 70 energy with streamline. plus when u blow a room down there are usually a ton of orbs around.

i see the usefullness of slowing everyone down and double damge, but i have to side with the person giving you trouble on this one. if you have extended range and stretch you can cause headaches trying to find the enemies on a defenese mission with rooms and etc like xini or something. i myself prefer to have a max damage build with full intensify and blind rage and then throw stretch ontop. i dont really care what people say this is more useful when you are being over run on high levels. people that play nova with this build that go around spamming it i do not agree with. i like novas speed and agility and i basically run and gun until there is no other choice.

It was that map with the high tower and pod in the center....

Idk how to explain it

Enemies come from higher up areas all around so the ap is very small and i can easily cover it

There arent many places for enemies to hide so it doesnt slow them down if i spam it there

On other maps i wait for them to spawn and bunch up before using M prime

In high wave survivals i can get spammy ill admit though its more to stay alive than anything else and at that point the explosions arent killing a thing on their own

The problem with high-range, high-efficiency build is it is really only good for very high level defense - which is only a very small part of the content. That said, I think it's a great idea to have that build as B or C specifically for those missions.

For anything else though, the extra range especially is a liability because, as was already mentioned, the slow can make enemies hard to find, or at least take longer to get to and kill.

you can spam a power build nova..if you have flow and streamline on..you get 450 energy with flow on and MP cost 70 energy with streamline. plus when u blow a room down there are usually a ton of orbs around.

Dont forget the huge cost increase form having blind rage on

Its a bit over 100 energy to spam max power m prime with that

Also when her P prime stops insta killing enemies it loses alot of its use and becomes a costly utility

Which is why i favor extended build

always low cost and utility heavy

Edited by Azawarau

Idk how to explain it

Enemies come from higher up areas all around so the ap is very small and i can easily cover it

There arent many places for enemies to hide so it doesnt slow them down if i spam it there

In high wave survivals i can get spammy ill admit though its more to stay alive than anything else and at that point the explosions arent killing a thing on their own

then i dont understand why he was mad

I built my Nova to be a all rounder with no corrupted mods.

I personally don't worry about Duration as it is really only noticeable on Wormhole and I refuse to lower my damage because of Antimatter Drop. I also refuse to ditch any of her abilities as all of them have a use.

Idk how to explain it

It's not good for high level survivals because in those, you want to kill stuff fast to get more air drops. You want Nyx for large area CC in survivals, not Nova, because at least with Chaos they're working on killing each other. So for survival, better to build for strength instead of range just to speed up the air-drops early on (although Stretch can be good - just not Overextended). Efficiency is a must though. Never, ever, build Nova without 75% efficiency if you can.

Edit: but yeah, in that scenario your overextended build was probably best.

Edited by DocHolliday13

Dont forget the huge cost increase form having blind rage on

Its a bit over 100 energy to spam max power m prime with that

Also when her P prime stops insta killing enemies it loses alot of its use and becomes a costly utility

Which is why i favor extended build

always low cost and utility heavy

fleeting expertise more than covers it. im talking about adding streamiline ontop of that. i dont bother thou, like i mentioned in previous comment it almost a lst resort to me. if the squad is struggling or room full with someone to revive and etc.

I built my Nova to be a all rounder with no corrupted mods.

I personally don't worry about Duration as it is really only noticeable on Wormhole and I refuse to lower my damage because of Antimatter Drop. I also refuse to ditch any of her abilities as all of them have a use.

hey back to the off topic zone with you. on topic I build my nova the same way it works really well  anti drop is amazing in high lvl missions if you absorb the mprime blasts 

It's not good for high level survivals because in those, you want to kill stuff fast to get more air drops. You want Nyx for large area CC in survivals, not Nova, because at least with Chaos they're working on killing each other. So for survival, better to build for strength instead of range just to speed up the air-drops early on (although Stretch can be good - just not Overextended). Efficiency is a must though. Never, ever, build Nova without 75% efficiency if you can.

agreed

then i dont understand why he was mad

I dont think he was mad but he did think my build was bad

Its not the best thing ever but

The 2x dmg is really useful

and slowing down the enemy makes aiming at weak points much easier i think

hey back to the off topic zone with you. on topic I build my nova the same way it works really well  anti drop is amazing in high lvl missions if you absorb the mprime blasts 

I havnt tried antimatter yet

It doesnt seem like something id like but ill throw it on a build and see where it goes

nice build man

i like novas,

but not the novas who copter

and gets ahead waaaaaaaay far and kill everything

i always never resusc those types when they die. im so bitter, moreso when im using a loki, switch teleport till you get mad.

Edited by Ritchel

I don't see what the problem is since you told him up front.
My biggest issue with that particular nova build is its use, players tend to prime at the  first sight of the enemy way on the other side of the map and slow down waves. As you said it might not be desirable for short runs but in high waves it can be helpful when killing enemies takes longer.
My second biggest problem is not with you your build or novas in general its with players. If you are in a squad you need to work together to achieve the objective. If I was running your build and someone asked me not to prime too early I would ask why or maybe simply not do it, I have played people who flat out refuse and tell people to shut up and stop telling them how to play.

I played ODD with a Frost that was using snowglobe for CC, after the waves of toxics starting arriving all the other frames had to vacate snowglobe because we were squishy and one tick from their poison had us downed. When we told him we had enough firepower to take most of them and to wait until we had done so before putting up the globe because it prevented us from killing them from outside. He flat out refused, told us to what to go do with ourselves and our mothers. When he was downed by a Toxic ancient he wanted us to run in and save him. One of us went in with Penta saved the pod downing themself then the rest saved him but we let Frosty die. The rest of the mission went fine and we made it another 20-25 waves. The point isn't that we were being cruel but that our Frost was mad we let them die and didn't understand it was about the mission success and teamwork not him. One of us chose to use Penta point blank to save the pod but frost wouldn't delay using snowglobe when asked nicely and took offence to the request.

I had to deal with that once too

Luckily i had my ogris with firestorm so i could shoot the ground just outside of the orb and kill most of the enemies still

I dont mind frost  if its barrier is large enough to fit the high spots in it so it slows infested without getting int eh way of team members