The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miss The Stream....what Did I Miss?

Darkmoone1

I'd like to know if they mentioned any additions or changes to the control/button mapping options for Melee 2.0, ie. left mouse click melee attack and channel toggle.

Edited by Ryme

Anyone give me a good round up of what happened on the stream? I heard of the Trinity nerf, but that's it.

TRINITY NERF. PARTY TIME.

and valkyr gets her own set of animations =D

ember gets nothing through...

I'd like to know if they mentioned any additions or changes to the control/button mapping options for Melee 2.0, ie. left mouse click melee attack and channel toggle.

They mentioned it, they even said it might be out today if they recall correctly.

Tenno ships instead of solar map, Kubrows (both enemies and friendly ones), new Valkyr and melee animations (some dropping today), and probable Nova/Trinity nerfs and Ash/Banshee buffs.

Did you just say... Ash buffs? :3

Sc1wiZ1.png

I am already the god of melee, but that's fine, please buff me DE.

With stance mods they said they want people to have to do "a bit of game play" before getting them, and seemed happy with how things are now. We're suppose to get our own ships, as a kind of player housing. They mentioned those Kubros or whatever, and showed more animations. More stance mods with more combos are being added. They don't like the idea of an auction house, and feel we don't want one (they'd be wrong). A lot of the rest was about new tile sets, making things look cooler, and that sort of stuff.

Well, Valkyr is getting her Hysteria upgraded. And I'm pretty happy about that. No, really. I'm ecstatic.

Not really upgraded, just changed. Most of what was mentioned was about it having combos, and looking different, which DE loves to focus on, flash over substance.

Edited by PhoenixShi

They don't like the idea of an auction house, and feel we don't want one (they'd be wrong).

You clearly never played Diablo 3, AKA one of the most hyped games of all time just below Half-Life 3. It had an auction house. It destroyed the game and they had to remove it.

To make it more clear, BLIZZARD, had an auction house that was so hated that they had to remove it from the game for it to survive. If Blizzard can't pull it off with their huge following, it should not be attempted.

Every time I think of how an auction house would be nice, I just think back on D3.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

Not really upgraded, just changed. Most of what was mentioned was about it having combos, and looking different, which DE loves to focus on, flash over substance.

Nothing wrong with polishing what they already have while waiting for the other teams to finish the new content.

You clearly never played Diablo 3, AKA one of the most hyped games of all time just below Half-Life 3. It had an auction house. It destroyed the game and they had to remove it.

To make it more clear, BLIZZARD, had an auction house that was so hated that they had to remove it from the game for it to survive. If Blizzard can't pull it off with their huge following, it should not be attempted.

Every time I think of how an auction house would be nice, I just think back on D3.

However, part of that was also due to a lack of auction house in the previous two games.

it's almost like there's more than one way to implement such a thing and we can learn lessons from other failed systems! insane!

oh wait i'm talking about de here nevermind

Edited by cro-dog

You clearly have never played online games much, as most have an auction house of some kind, and are considered an asset.

Blizzard tried to build D3 around the auction house.  That didn't work.  The one in WoW works fine though, where its primary purpose is to make goods available for sale available to people who want to buy without having to resort to something incredibly limited like a trade channel.

Nothing wrong with polishing what they already have while waiting for the other teams to finish the new content.

The problem with Hysteria now after melee 2.0 is that it's broken, so polishing what we have now, would be like polishing a turd. They didn't say anything about what it'd do in terms of function/damage, or that it's even broken now, just how she'd get some melee combos and such (go to 51:10 http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/4130905 ).