Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How You Feel About Nerfs?

FuzzyRamen

Nerf~ nerf your warframe, weapons, sentinel to the level you want to be, be it with mod's, level's,  etc.

Buff~ Buff your warframe, weapons, sentinel to the level you want to be, be it with mod's, level's,  etc.

Balance~ Play, join, squad up with tenno of all the same so all is balanced in your game, etc.

warframe is your game, and how you want to play it, etc., be it too hard, too soft, challenging, #4 button done with it,

Make it how you want to play it.

But do not dictate your ways onto how I want to play my game.

Yes! I love you! You understand! (Okay I don't really love you, but still...yay!)

Nerfs are necessary if you're trying to maintain balance in a game. However, there's a fine line between rebalancing an item and then nerfing it into the ground (ie, what happened with the snow globe nerf). 

Let me add to this. My 5 forma'd Acrid was not even worth using after Damage 2.0. Nobody talks about the weapon anymore. So what is the new secondary people talk about now? Brakk

Nerf~ nerf your warframe, weapons, sentinel to the level you want to be, be it with mod's, level's,  etc.

Buff~ Buff your warframe, weapons, sentinel to the level you want to be, be it with mod's, level's,  etc.

Balance~ Play, join, squad up with tenno of all the same so all is balanced in your game, etc.

warframe is your game, and how you want to play it, etc., be it too hard, too soft, challenging, #4 button done with it,

Make it how you want to play it.

But do not dictate your ways onto how I want to play my game.

That might work if there werent 7 million players

Lets all desocialize ourselves into small cliques and stay in our little bubbles in what was supposed to be an MMO

That might work if there werent 7 million players

Lets all desocialize ourselves into small cliques and stay in our little bubbles in what was supposed to be an MMO

7 million accounts also want end game weapons/warframes and not going to work for something that will get hit with nerfs. Nobody will waste time on something they can't use on the long runs.

Edited by fuzzyramen

I feel that nerfs are okay so long as they don't just break the Warframe in question.

An example as to what I mean by "break" would be Frost. Now I'll admit that Snowglobe was a bit ridiculous and in need of a nerf, but the first few nerfs they did to it made it absolutely useless in high-level play. And the buffs they did to Freeze and Ice Wave were pitiful, and didn't help him at all.

I feel that nerfs are okay so long as they don't just break the Warframe in question.

An example as to what I mean by "break" would be Frost. Now I'll admit that Snowglobe was a bit ridiculous and in need of a nerf, but the first few nerfs they did to it made it absolutely useless in high-level play. And the buffs they did to Freeze and Ice Wave were pitiful, and didn't help him at all.

He's better off in a ice cream truck with my 6 forma's

Excited.

I'm not here to play WoW with bad controls, I want an action game and that means they need to balance the enemies. You can't balance an enemy to be fought by a frame with no damage buffs, AND the same enemy to be fought by four players co-op with OP damage buffs. Same with defense. The same enemy can't be balanced to fight against an infinite HP permanent defense globe and spammable 30sec invulnerability.

Powers need to require gameplay, like Sonar; or require setup and planning, like Accelerant (with guns on other team mambers; or timing, like the new snowglobe where it's based on the damage dealt in the first few seconds. Giving people crap like EVERYTHING TAKES 50% MORE DAMAGE AND MOVES HALF SPEED AND ALSO EXPLODES LOL is just not good for the game.

Every time we knock one of these down and replace it with something that takes gameplay, prep and co-op, or timing the game gets better and the enemies get more interesting than just a bunch of people holding Mouse1 and pressing 4.

Basically my thought on the topic.

7 million accounts also want end game weapons/warframes and not going to work for something that will get hit with nerfs. Nobody will waste time on something they can't use on the long runs.

I main trinity and started formaing her relatively recently

I welcome the nerf

Why can't we just buff everything to become overpowered so nothing is under powered and be happy?

This is an excellent idea that totally doesn't ruin games at all, and totally isn't the main reason that games like Maplestory are the laughingstocks of the F2P community.

Nexon would love to work with you.

This is an excellent idea that totally doesn't ruin games at all, and totally isn't the main reason that games like Maplestory are the laughingstocks of the F2P community.

Nexon would love to work with you.

As someone who came from nexon

Hes hired

In future nerfs she might just make it to the level of Excalibur.

Honestly id have agreed until recently

Excalibro grew on me alot

Though i do feel hes lacking

you cant ompare trinity to excali too easily either

Theyre totally different roles/playstyles...

Edited by Azawarau

Honestly id have agreed until recently

Excalibro grew on me alot

Though i do feel hes lacking

you cant ompare trinity to excali too easily either

Theyre totally different roles/playstyles...

No, Excalibur is the most balance frame and I think he ranks the lowest in the food chain.

Edited by fuzzyramen

so far most the nerf is full of crap where players complained. Mag's pull, Ember's change, Frost's globe, and etc. Also, what worth to be nerf is an opinion. Basically, if DE gonna nerf something, there will be certain complain that they'll have to face. However, if DE buff something, they will be able to avoid that complain. Most people hurt with the nerf more than buff. So it's all based on DE.

If DE gonna nerf something, I rather they should just test that frame/weapon fully before release. Nerf is the things that cause the most complains in the game.

If you read topic about people who want nerf, there are bound to be people who oppose against it just as much. 

Yet, if you read topic about buff, if the buff is reasonable, there are less fighting in that thread in comparison to nerf thread. 

so far most the nerf is full of crap where players complained. Mag's pull, Ember's change, Frost's globe, and etc. Also, what worth to be nerf is an opinion. Basically, if DE gonna nerf something, there will be certain complain that they'll have to face. However, if DE buff something, they will be able to avoid that complain. Most people hurt with the nerf more than buff. So it's all based on DE.

If DE gonna nerf something, I rather they should just test that frame/weapon fully before release. Nerf is the things that cause the most complains in the game.

If you read topic about people who want nerf, there are bound to be people who oppose against it just as much. 

Yet, if you read topic about buff, if the buff is reasonable, there are less fighting in that thread in comparison to nerf thread. 

Ok

If DE wants to Buff nova and there isnt a single complaint ill give in to this argument

Ok

If DE wants to Buff nova and there isnt a single complaint ill give in to this argument

They don't only have to buff Nova they need to buff EVERYTHING to the point where its viable and all 4 abilities are actually "useful" and no weapons left behind...

Ok

did you read where I said "most"? 

Basically "most" nerf had more people complain than "most" buff thread. You can go to warframe abilities thread and read all of it. btw, do anyone even make a thread call "Nova's buff?" I also stated that: "If the buff is reasonable" 

I feel like nerfs just pass through while buffs are not very effective. They nerfed Frosts sphere because it was op but forgot to buff him. His bugged ultimate was freaking awesome but nooo they had to remove it.

As for nova and Trinity, i dont see anything wrong with nova, her ultimate doesnt do S#&$ at high levels except making enemies take increased damage from you. Maybe her 2. skill is a bit op but anyway she didnt need a nerf imo.

Trinity was just plain broken. Link, blessing + ogris penta pretty much lets you sit in one place while annihalating everything without moving a single meter. It was just ridiculous but i hope when they nerf her they give her something fun instead of god mod.

And for the love of god remove her skirt.

My only thing I wish DE would do is balance out the ammunition entirely, the system between all the types of weapons are broken because every weapon is given a fixed amount of ammo to carry. I would like to see all of the weapons a respectable amount of ammo for what it is. All the launchers being drastically smaller while the LMGs are given a lot more. Thats all I wish for.

My only thing I wish DE would do is balance out the ammunition entirely, the system between all the types of weapons are broken because every weapon is given a fixed amount of ammo to carry. I would like to see all of the weapons a respectable amount of ammo for what it is. All the launchers being drastically smaller while the LMGs are given a lot more. Thats all I wish for.

Ye'up, I'm hip. The more uber the weapon, the less it can be used. We don't need gun control, we need bullet control--Chris Rock