Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Trinity's Blessing Is Being Looked At!

CatScratch

Invincibility cheat completely removes half of combat basics that is avoiding damage. 

No skill, no challenge, no decisions to make - everything is made redundant. Its half of the core gameplay getting  thrown away. How can you defend something that makes the game half-interesting?

Invincibility cheat completely removes half of combat basics that is avoiding damage. 

No skill, no challenge, no decisions to make - everything is made redundant. Its half of the core gameplay getting  thrown away. How can you defend something that makes the game half-interesting?

It's not a cheat though, it's a skill that's working as intended.

The game isn't really skill to begin with, it's a numbers game that will eventually have you be killed/downed in only a handful of shots/hits if you're not using invulnaframes. 

If you want challenge, don't use trinity. If you want skill, don't go into groups with trinity. If you want to make more ''decisions,'' don't join/allow Trinity into your groups. BTW, I'm legitimately curious about what you mean when you say less decisions to make. You can always make the decision to not let a Trinity into your group *shrug*

It only makes the game half-interesting if you decide to use it, no one is forcing you to use it. And you could just avoid pubs/pugs or whatever the hell you guys call it.

Exactly

The game isn't really skill to begin with, it's a numbers game that will eventually have you be killed/downed in only a handful of shots/hits if you're not using invulnaframes. 

If you want challenge, don't use trinity. If you want skill, don't go into groups with trinity. If you want to make more ''decisions,'' don't join/allow Trinity into your groups. BTW, I'm legitimately curious about what you mean when you say less decisions to make. You can always make the decision to not let a Trinity into your group *shrug*

It only makes the game half-interesting if you decide to use it, no one is forcing you to use it. And you could just avoid pubs/pugs or whatever the hell you guys call it.

Thats a poor argument

The only time it becomes a numbers game is with trinity because she covers defense almost entirely

Its an obvious imbalance

Now for your dont join trinity argument

What if i want to join a random run? What if i want to play as trinity?

Shouldnt she be able to be balanced? Do you care about balance or simply want to roll through without worry?

Many players like to abuse trinity invi

Many players dont

Id like to say most would rather not have infinite easymode but i dont have numbers to represent that yet.

I do know that regardless of what anyone says

Noone can defend the fact that using infinite blessing trinity takes away many of the core gameplay aspects

Its an abuseable game mechanic that should never have been

Remember Frost? DE logic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frost' Snow Globe?

cant say for sure...

4-man frost with max duration = broken in all grineer/corpus defense

skill is working as intended... but not balance when it's 4 frost together.

same logic for trinity.

Frost' Snow Globe?

cant say for sure...

4-man frost with max duration = broken in all grineer/corpus defense

skill is working as intended... but not balance when it's 4 frost together.

same logic for trinity.

And pre-nerf/post-nerf Snow Globe + Bastille makes Defense much easier because no one can rush the globe or shoot through the Bastille. Wow, more players and some coordination in a match makes the game easier!

Snow Globe's nerf didn't really change anything about Snow Globe, frankly, it just made people try out Frost's other skills more. Not a bad thing per se, but in hindsight the same effect could've been achieved without a globe nerf seeing as people still use Snow Globe to block gunfire.

================================================================

I think Blessing giving invincibility is fine but there needed to be another limit to that invincibility, as other people have said. A set range seems like a decent way to give Blessing some strategy in terms of use while retaining its power.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

I have a one forma trinity that i used to go 2 hours into T 3 survival without corrupted mods

No excuses

CfrLch4.jpg

That wasn't the point I was making. I could do the same with no forma with just this build here.

qojOOCV.png

was just stating the fact in order to fully maximise her potential she needs 4 formas which so few have probably done and legit she's so underplayed, she's been around for so long with the knowledge of what she can bring to the table yet people still rarely play her and choose other frames. Why? Because their kit is more enjoyable but that shouldn't stop those who want to play her.

Exactly this.

Exactly

Thats a poor argument

The only time it becomes a numbers game is with trinity because she covers defense almost entirely

Its an obvious imbalance

Now for your dont join trinity argument

What if i want to join a random run? What if i want to play as trinity?

Shouldnt she be able to be balanced? Do you care about balance or simply want to roll through without worry?

Many players like to abuse trinity invi

Many players dont

Id like to say most would rather not have infinite easymode but i dont have numbers to represent that yet.

I do know that regardless of what anyone says

Noone can defend the fact that using infinite blessing trinity takes away many of the core gameplay aspects

Its an abuseable game mechanic that should never have been

If you're planning to go that far into nerfing trinity then you should nerf majority of the other frames that are out there currently because long before Trinity was even a "thing" people were achieving high level content without it. 

Nyx pretty much immobilizes all units. Vauban can pretty much set up check points with vortex at the cost of 25 energy it's so easily spammable. Loki pretty much turns gun fights into a melee brawl which is pretty much fighting against infested, Loki pretty much has a 30 second invis time also. Excalibur can stun and blind in such a huge radius rendering them in their tracks. Rhino Stomp can keep them in the air and the radius is massive.

These skills basically remove whatever "mechanics" you think this game has. These skills pretty much make every run easy. This is a god damn PvE game. I mean let others enjoy the fun they want to enjoy in a game, that's what I actually like about this game, the fact that there are so many frames with so many different spells and you can choose to play whatever you feel like.

Seriously, might as well have a system overhaul and change how everything works. Make pretty much every skill obsolete so you can bring up your bullS#&$ "challenging" argument. Remove CC entirely from this game if you so much want a challenge but then add in features which allow you to at least take cover or protect yourself from gun fire.

There's no point in removing one skill from the game and leave the other game breaking ones.

I mean honestly, if you're going to remove one then you have to remove the rest.

This is a good thing. Stop whining Trinity users. 

No seriously, why bother going about things one at a time when they can just collect feedback for every frame and sit down and finally come up with a way to rework every single frame to fit the standards because there are other top tier frames which make the game "no challenge" like most people here like to base their argument on.

So might as well pretty much remove CC from this game that those top tier frames offer because "challenge" right? Seriously, that is the most flawed argument lel.

This is a numbers game as soon as you shoot your first grineer and see numbers pop up. 

And, so what if you want to join random runs? It's just a random run, if there happens to be a random person that decided to max trinity in that random run, then they're there. 

You're always gonna get some type of player you don't like in pugs/pubs/w/e. The Zephyr that spams Tornado, the Loki that spams RAdial Disarm, the Excalibur that spams Radial Blind, the Vauban that lobs Teslas on me, or the Mag that spams pull.

I don't like Teslas stealing my kills. Running around with Gaurdian Teslas requires no skill. Nerf Tesla? Ragdolled enemies can't hit me, too OP, nerf Mag and Zephyr? I mean, it's a random run bro, you don't know who you're going to get paired with. Hence the term Random. MIght as well nerf abilities altogether because they require no skill to use. 

But shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, why decide for the majority for something that you don't like? Too bad indeeeed, that we will never be able to know exactly how the playerbase feels about invincibility Trinity.

That wasn't the point I was making. I could do the same with no forma with just this build here.

qojOOCV.png

was just stating the fact in order to fully maximise her potential she needs 4 formas which so few have probably done and legit she's so underplayed, she's been around for so long with the knowledge of what she can bring to the table yet people still rarely play her and choose other frames. Why? Because their kit is more enjoyable but that shouldn't stop those who want to play her.

Exactly this.

If you're planning to go that far into nerfing trinity then you should nerf majority of the other frames that are out there currently because long before Trinity was even a "thing" people were achieving high level content without it. 

Nyx pretty much immobilizes all units. Vauban can pretty much set up check points with vortex at the cost of 25 energy it's so easily spammable. Loki pretty much turns gun fights into a melee brawl which is pretty much fighting against infested, Loki pretty much has a 30 second invis time also. Excalibur can stun and blind in such a huge radius rendering them in their tracks. Rhino Stomp can keep them in the air and the radius is massive.

These skills basically remove whatever "mechanics" you think this game has. These skills pretty much make every run easy. This is a god damn PvE game. I mean let others enjoy the fun they want to enjoy in a game, that's what I actually like about this game, the fact that there are so many frames with so many different spells and you can choose to play whatever you feel like.

Seriously, might as well have a system overhaul and change how everything works. Make pretty much every skill obsolete so you can bring up your bullS#&$ "challenging" argument. Remove CC entirely from this game if you so much want a challenge but then add in features which allow you to at least take cover or protect yourself from gun fire.

There's no point in removing one skill from the game and leave the other game breaking ones.

I mean honestly, if you're going to remove one then you have to remove the rest.

If she doesnt even need a forma then why defend her invi mode?

Shes too powerful because unlike any other frame she can make it literally near impossible to die in any mission across the entire map infinitely

Nyx can turn nearby enemies against eachother but not others and they can still hit and kill teammates

Vauban doesnt have near the range and cant get every enemy with his powers unless he spams them heavily and the upkeep would be too high and the risk much higher than simple trin spam

Loki is pretty powerful thanks to disarm but enemies can still damage you and he doesnt make even enemies that can and should one hit kill you entirely unable to even when they hit you. For invisibility he can still be hit and that only affects him

Radial blind is very nice but again doesnt cover the entire map and new enemies entering can still fire at you

Rhino stomp is the same as radial blind

Nothing compares to being invincible

you dont even need CC

Just damage with trinity

You forgot Snow Globe.

Yeah but those tears were just ridiculously stupid since the change didn't affect him that much.

EDIT: Come to think of it, neither did the Brakk change.

Edited by Naftal

Yeah but those tears were just ridiculously stupid since the change didn't affect him that much.

EDIT: Come to think of it, neither did the Brakk change.

Wasn't there plenty of QQ at the first Iron Skin rework?

True and true. I wouldn't be surprised if Blessing heads the same way - loses a bit of power but still very usable in the end. (After all, they said they would only slightly nerf Trinity in Devstream 27.)

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Wow, just wow at so mcuh Easy Mode Lovers...

Why do you even play?

Would you also be happy to have a Frame that has "Press 4 to skip the Mission"?

Perma Blessing isn´t al lthat far from that...

Ive made a lot of threads about the game being too easy, and wanting harder content only to be shot down. Spin it however you want there are far stronger and more popular frames than trinity. Only thing I enjoy in the game anymore is nightmare alerts

I aready said I dont run a perma blessing build, as I find it boring, but I will call you out, take trinity into high level content without blessing and see how long you last. Even with link on 100% of the time, youre not going to live as long as loki, rhino, valk. Or even better go do some nightmares with her and see how you go with no energy.

Be a good change from your rhino

Ive made a lot of threads about the game being too easy, and wanting harder content only to be shot down. Spin it however you want there are far stronger and more popular frames than trinity. Only thing I enjoy in the game anymore is nightmare alerts

I aready said I dont run a perma blessing build, as I find it boring, but I will call you out, take trinity into high level content without blessing and see how long you last. Even with link on 100% of the time, youre not going to live as long as loki, rhino, valk. Or even better go do some nightmares with her and see how you go with no energy.

Be a good change from your rhino

Trinity is OP

So are other frames

So dont nerf her

That logic

If she doesnt even need a forma then why defend her invi mode?

Shes too powerful because unlike any other frame she can make it literally near impossible to die in any mission across the entire map infinitely

Nyx can turn nearby enemies against eachother but not others and they can still hit and kill teammates

Vauban doesnt have near the range and cant get every enemy with his powers unless he spams them heavily and the upkeep would be too high and the risk much higher than simple trin spam

Loki is pretty powerful thanks to disarm but enemies can still damage you and he doesnt make even enemies that can and should one hit kill you entirely unable to even when they hit you. For invisibility he can still be hit and that only affects him

Radial blind is very nice but again doesnt cover the entire map and new enemies entering can still fire at you

Rhino stomp is the same as radial blind

Nothing compares to being invincible

you dont even need CC

Just damage with trinity

I'm not defending the nerf, I'm all for it but for that to happen then I at least expect them to rebalance every single top tier frame there is right now otherwise what is the point of eliminating one of those?

You realise that Nyx can cover pretty much a whole map with the right mods on right?

Radial Blind is so easily spammable that it doesn't matter how many enemies enter the map because you can just keep using it.

Stomp is exactly the same, the range you can achieve is enormous and you can continuously use stomp after they're in the air with the cost of 25 energy. Iron Skin prevents you from all CC that the AI do to you. Knockdown/Energy drain/Poison etc.

Combining a Loki with a Vauban means you pretty much turned a grineer/corpus map into an infested map. You can do so much while invis, sure you can get damaged but they can't see you to damage you in the first place unless you're in range of a napalm which will just F*** you up.

And no. Invincibility really means jack S#&$ tbh especially in defence because the AI aim for the pod rather than aim for you. Blessing doesn't heal the pod and make it invincible, pod can easily die at high enough level if all you're running is invincibility and absolutely no CC.

Because try do a wave 200 grineer/corpus defence without a frost globe or a form of CC and use your invincibility and see how long that pod is going to last you. 

"invulnerability ruins the fun"

for who? you? what about every other player in the game eh? or is you and a few others the only people who play who count?

"trinity is unbalanced"

this is a PvE game, wtf is all this balance BS? it's coop against npc's what matters is success of the mission. there's no balance required, you all act like there's some kind of reward for getting high kill count, there isn't. too bad you don't like trin, too bad she gets high damage and kill scores...but seriously, why the hell does it even matter to you if you walk out of a survival or defense with a ton of loot?

and that's the thing, i don't see anyone crying over desecrate, which can give far more loot in a shorter period of time...but oh noes, someone in a trinity can swamp the damage and kill counters and QQ must begin.

as has been said, don't like trinity, don't play her, don't join pugs when she's in one, problem solved. all i see is a bunch of people harping on a non issue of game balance because they hate the fact that a frame can rack up COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS STATS. nevermind that having one in a survival means a lot of loot...it's all about my kill/damage count/%, QQ

leaderboards are meaningless, kill counts are meaningless, damage % is meaningless, you get nothing for high numbers except an ego boost if that's your trip.

so is it? all this 'nerf trinity' is about your egos? cause it's not about game balance, it's not about loot...so...yeah, egos

^^^^^^^ A million times this