The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top Weapon In The Game Atm?

ss4chris

Melee: Orthos Prime, Dragon Nikana (without stances), and probably Dakra Prime (with Crimson Dervish)

From my tests so far, the most efficient weapon in killing enemies is still Orthos Prime, due to its insane range on the slide attack. With the right build, you can pretty much slide though the map non-stop killing everything on your path as you just pass by. The problem is that the damage output isn't as great as I expected it to be with the introduction of Melee 2.0.

Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish (x3 damage boost on the first 3 attacks) seems to be the highest DPS melee weapon ingame. I don't have the Crimson Dervish yet, so can't confirm it. But as for the range on normal hits, it looses against Orthos Prime and Dragon Nikana. the other downside is the slide attack range. You slide a bit too far, making it not so ideal to slide from one foe to another to keep your combo up. Usually, you slide past your next enemies. Anyway, I'll be getting back at Dakra Prime once I get Crimson Dervish.

Dragon Nikana is something between Orthos Prime and Dakra Prime. It has a high damage and its swings form a decent AoE. I got both katana stances, but to be honest, I prefer to run without any. Just running around and spamming that one-two combo, that has a nice range, kills everything efficiently. You're very mobile and thanks to those bigs swings, you'll build your combo up very fast in a big croud, getting those multipliers very quickly.

I prefer dual Ichors/Zoren if talking about melee.

Especially when double stacked with Fury and Berzerker.

After a few random swings, It gives Frost and slower frames a much needed mobility boost.

Edited by fatpig84

Melee: Orthos Prime, Dragon Nikana (without stances), and probably Dakra Prime (with Crimson Dervish)

From my tests so far, the most efficient weapon in killing enemies is still Orthos Prime, due to its insane range on the slide attack. With the right build, you can pretty much slide though the map non-stop killing everything on your path as you just pass by. The problem is that the damage output isn't as great as I expected it to be with the introduction of Melee 2.0.

Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish (x3 damage boost on the first 3 attacks) seems to be the highest DPS melee weapon ingame. I don't have the Crimson Dervish yet, so can't confirm it. But as for the range on normal hits, it looses against Orthos Prime and Dragon Nikana. the other downside is the slide attack range. You slide a bit too far, making it not so ideal to slide from one foe to another to keep your combo up. Usually, you slide past your next enemies. Anyway, I'll be getting back at Dakra Prime once I get Crimson Dervish.

Dragon Nikana is something between Orthos Prime and Dakra Prime. It has a high damage and its swings form a decent AoE. I got both katana stances, but to be honest, I prefer to run without any. Just running around and spamming that one-two combo, that has a nice range, kills everything efficiently. You're very mobile and thanks to those bigs swings, you'll build your combo up very fast in a big croud, getting those multipliers very quickly.

This is the best evaluation of the best Melee 2.0 weapons I've seen yet. I'll be stealing this.

Primary: Burston prime or Boltor Prime are my current favorites.

Burston for the 3 shot burst feel, Its nice to have a one shot one kill feeling (5 forma)

Boltor for the spray and pray runs. Less aiming more bolts. 

Secondary: 

Brakk is my go to for everything.

But alternatively i do like the marelok as a sniper pistol. 

I just use Ogris or Penta if it is not ODA. Dual Ichors DPS + Mobility doesn't force you to choose hands down the best melee weapon for general use. I like Stug as a sidearm.

That being said there is not a best weapon because each game type is different. 

Karak

If you havent passed mastery rank 1 that is

Boltor prime is easily the most dependable weapon out there, shred, serration, heavy cal split chamber and 4 elements make up for extremely high dps, and yet ammo efficient. Soma is normally on lower side of dps and takes only 2 elementals due to crir build, but the 4x crit headshot bonus can work wonders if used correctly. Synapse is meh. Amprex is an awesome crowd xontroller on the other hand, but with low ammo efficiency. Good thing it can kill multiple enemies at once, so its still way more ammo efficient than synapse

Edited by Cemges

well, actually, there is no best weapon (for me at least)

since every weapon have their own purpose, in a rush type run, boltor prime may be the best weapon

but in defense type, ogris or penta is better

and when u want to sneak up the enemy, bow type is the way

and beside, every Tenno have their play style, some like to snipe, some like to rampage

so the weapon is differ in every Tenno

get my point now?

Edited by Greywing

I just use Ogris or Penta if it is not ODA. Dual Ichors DPS + Mobility doesn't force you to choose hands down the best melee weapon for general use. I like Stug as a sidearm.

That being said there is not a best weapon because each game type is different. 

Exactly what I use. OP as hell, too. 

The Ogris is great, but I personally prefer the Penta. It is by far the fastest leveling weapon, and most easily formed. Plus it has a very cheap construction. Its cheaper than the Orthos, Soma, Synapse, Phage, or Dual Ichor. The Penta does not require clan researcher unlike the Ogris (the only comparable weapon); and the Penta does not require the acquisition of rare parts to construct such as the Dakra Prime, or Boltor Prime. 

All in all, Penta is the best. It can easily be re-modded to level any faction. 

I highly recommend new players to get it as soon as they possibly can. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Boltor Prime - Modded properly capable of 16964 DPS

Latron Prime - Modded properly capable of 13838 DPS

Soma - Modded properly capable of 13028 DPS

Synapse - Modded properly capable of 11583 DPS

I can't remember where I came across the chart which shows all these damage numbers.  The numbers I've posted are "general" numbers, but the complete chart breaks each weapon down by damage type and enemy type.  From what I can tell, it's pretty damn accurate.  I run a 5 Forma build on all of them except the Synapse, and I would have to concur with the original chart's author.  I don't know how to paste the link in here, but if anyone would like me to email the chart to them I would be happy to do so.

Best Primary: Boltar prime (very good dps)  or Paris prime or Dread (absurd damage), Ogris (Crowd control and its damage is second to only bows).

Best Secondary:  Brakk damage/dps, Castanas Strategy/stealth. (not including Marlock because possible nerf)

Best Melee: Nami Skyla (dat spin damage), jat kittag (dat hitbox), Dual Ichors (dat crit), DNikana (dat hit damage).

Edited by Feallike

Boltor Prime - Modded properly capable of 16964 DPS

Latron Prime - Modded properly capable of 13838 DPS

Soma - Modded properly capable of 13028 DPS

Synapse - Modded properly capable of 11583 DPS

I believe Amprex can have around 14k sustained DPS.

Not to mention it spreads out to nearby enemies.

Why does everyone keep insisting the Brakk is the best? Sure it was fantastic when it was in its prime before its few nerfs and Damage 2.0 and we had less options, but since the advent of the Dual Cestra, Sicarus Prime, Marelok, AkMagnus, and even old timers like the AkBolto... 

Not only do those weapons have better range, but when given the same level of Forma and all the maxed bells and whistles that make up the top damaging pistol mods, not only do these options provide better offense up close, they do something the Brakk simply can't, and that's consistent ranged output, ie, getting headshots of Napalms and Void Heavies from across the friggin map in the case of the Marelok, AkMagnus (sometimes) and Sicarus Prime. 

Seriously people, step off the hype train. The Soma and Brakk are pretty much old news. Yes they're reliable, yes they do the trick, but there's better alternatives if you'd just step outta what everyone else predefines for you and give some of these other weapons a try. 

A cool guy on here who goes by Gott_Faust took the time and effort to compile a weapons DPS/TTK chart (pre Melee 2.0, pre Marelok) with the optimal mod layouts for what could kill something the fastest and ever since he showed it to me it's made me more willing to step out of my comfort zone and try different things beyond everyone's favorite Soma. 

Rant aside, I'd have to say the top damaging weapon right now is still the Boltor Prime, hands down. 

For pistols, look above.

For melee, it's the Dragon Nikana, Dakra Prime, Orthos Prime, Dual Ichors, and the Nami Skyla are quite good as well. For those of you who were smart and held onto yours, give your Machete Wraith another try!