Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

Also, it is interesting to note that everybody was all "OMG CREDITS ARE USELESS! I GOT xxx MILLION CREDITS WITH NOTHING TO SPEND IT ON!"

And now everybody is like "WTF? They wanna TAX this Dark Sector? F--- Eclipse! Down with Eclipse!"

.....and here I thought everybody and their brother had more credits than they needed already. *rolls eyes* Apparently not if they're whining about 4k per mission, when they're still walking away with ~17k (which is on par with Void 1, but doesn't need a Void Key).

now here come the people saying that there is no MONOPOLY to be made here , but the way i see it they are planning for the future with this , who knows maybe DE might actaully put in a feature where a large amount of credits will be needed or what not etc etc

either way i think at best 70% of the community know eclipse and dont want to see them expand into anymore territory and the other 30% i guess just dont care or want whatevers best for BP

Actually, due to the changes DE implemented (honor armistice, shortened conflict times) and the fact that conflicts take place in a staggered way as a result of that and the normal workings of the system, there is now a more monopolistic tendency to Eclipse control of so many locations.

I said when the system was new that it wasn't close to the formal definition of monopoly, but as in the real world when governments impose barriers to entry and other regulations, DE's change to allow longer DS farming had unintended consequences. In this case, those were to reduce the transaction and coordination costs of multiple rail control (since they are staggered farther apart, Eclipse and other incumbents don't have to make difficult resource allocation decisions that could reduce their efficiency in contesting rails) and lock in the advantages of early adopters (those who got away with moderate to high taxes early now have a substantial lead over others in accumulated credits).

So while I didn't think there was much to recommend a monopoly depiction of Eclipse control early on (especially since so many clans and alliances started by providing rails for free), the recent changes by DE certainly change that interpretation.

I support Eclipse. Void is better credits along with Prime Parts, which can be sold to buy fully upgraded mods. So, Eclipse can toss highest credit taxes they want. I will still support them. Dark Sectors=xp/resources.

Eclipse is Balance, repent before it's too late. Eclipse is the only true truth. Thou who pray to thy almighty Eclipse receive what thou hath wanted, but tenfold!

You really are just spreading around weird propaganda aren't you?  First your lie:

They always had their rail at 5%, then raised it for the reason of having their Taxes locked during conflicts. After further research they found out that the tax does NOT take away the end game credit reward but instead takes the ones you earn in the missions, let's say you get 100 credits from enemies eclipse would take 5% of that.

False, tested and edited my original post.  Both Ceres and Pluto display a base of 10000 credits gained, Ceres gave me 15000 (exactly 25% less than Pluto does at 20k), and since they both have the same displayed gain of 10000 a 25% reduction on a 25% taxed node is just too convenient to believe.  More baseless assumptions and lies to fabricate the truth.  You sneaky people you!

And now this random statement that makes you sound like a religious zealot of some new religion.  I think you might be my favorite troll of the day.

I use it to buy time to play your missions. Because all the battlepay given is hardly anything compared to the amount I end up losing during the 3 days of high taxes y'all have.

"Losing"?

You're not "losing" anything.

You do a mission, you get 17k, Eclipse gets 4k.

You still gain 17,000 credits which is damn good for a mission. Only Tier 2 and 3 void gives more than that.

Edited by Xylia

Also, it is interesting to note that everybody was all "OMG CREDITS ARE USELESS! I GOT xxx MILLION CREDITS WITH NOTHING TO SPEND IT ON!"

And now everybody is like "WTF? They wanna TAX this Dark Sector? F--- Eclipse! Down with Eclipse!"

.....and here I thought everybody and their brother had more credits than they needed already. *rolls eyes* Apparently not if they're whining about 4k per mission, when they're still walking away with ~17k (which is on par with Void 1, but doesn't need a Void Key).

Could you please specify each member with the time, date and location at which such was said?

Sorry if it seems that to you, but credit is not worthless to me.

It can be abundant, but I know where to spend it.

To all Eclipse supporters out there...

"YOU... TENNO. YOU FIGHT FOR TREASURE! YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CORPUS MACHINE TO ME!!" ~General Sargas Ruk

How Hypocritical.

You're whining about a maintenance tax on the Solar Rail because you want to keep all of your earnings to yourself instead of putting a modest slice towards the maintenance of the rail that allows you to do the sodding mission in the first place.

So... everybody opposing the tax is just as greedy, if not moreso, than those who support the taxed rails.

Edited by Xylia

Could you please specify each member with the time, date and location at which such was said?

Sorry if it seems that to you, but credit is not worthless to me.

It can be abundant, but I know where to spend it.

I've seen it lots of times, scattered about the forums, and no I'm not going to spend hours digging the stuff up.

"Losing"?

You're not "losing" anything.

You do a mission, you get 17k, Eclipse gets 4k.

You still gain 17,000 credits which is damn good for a mission. Only Tier 2 and 3 void gives more than that.

I am losing an amount of potential gain.

It is altogether more profitable to me to simply back a 0% tax.

I support Eclipse in general, but this is not something anyone ought to agree to just because it's "not so bad".

This makes the majority of my clannies and casual friends lose a bit of gain for no good reason. As if I needed more to stop Eclipse.

P.s. Gabii may be a bit undefended if too much focus is on Sechura.

I am losing an amount of potential gain.
It is altogether more profitable to me to simply back a 0% tax.

I support Eclipse in general, but this is not something anyone ought to agree to just because it's "not so bad".

This makes the majority of my clannies and casual friends lose a bit of gain for no good reason. As if I needed more to stop Eclipse.

P.s. Gabii may be a bit undefended if too much focus is on Sechura.

So basically you expect the clans to maintain the solar rails for free? You want all of them to give you 0% tax, and allow you to infinitely run the mission, without any support from yourself?

LOL.

You're just wanting free handouts.

With a tax in place..... you do the mission, you get to keep 80% of the earnings. You give 20% of the earnings to the Alliance to help them maintain the rail that allows you to go there. Said Alliance funnels some of that money back to you in Battlepay so that you're not wasting ridiculous amounts of time and getting 0 credits from each Solar Rail mission you run.

They Help You (by building and deploying the rail)

You Help Them (by paying the tax)

They Help You (by giving you Battlepay)

You help them, they help you, everybody should be happy.

BUT NO!

You want this:

They Help You (by building the rail)

You Help Yourself (by taking everything you got from the mission and keeping it)

They Maintain the Rails Themselves (because you don't want to help them with your contributions)

That's called selfishness.

You're whining about a maintenance tax on the Solar Rail because you want to keep all of your earnings to yourself instead of putting a modest slice towards the maintenance of the rail that allows you to do the sodding mission in the first place.

So... everybody opposing the tax is just as greedy, if not moreso, than those who support the taxed rails.

25% is hardly "modest," particularly for something so easily maintained.  But of course everyone is greedy, I don't blame Eclipse in the slightest for what they're doing, but if you really want to say taking 1/4 of everything I earn there is modest, you need to learn about basic economics.  1/4 of everything everyone makes there, considering it's easily one of the largest pay outs in game, is a huge, huge number that will not go to maintenance, but to funding more of the solar rail take over.  It's an extremely intelligent ploy, and kudos to Eclipse for going for it.  Just don't hide your own greed and point fingers, that's just silly.

Eclipse has rekindled Warbroism. It was inevitable due to their structure and size.

They're a completely different level from Warbros, in a very good way.  They've actually got two rails going out on 10k credit areas at around the same time, and everyone is so focused on defending Pluto that they'll get the other almost free of charge.  Add that to the fact they're not (all) flaunting their self worth and success, and they definitely have my respect for showing through their actions rather than speaking through their mouths alone.

Edited by Verazix

I get more overall if I take a few hours to stop Eclipse here rather than live with 3 days of their tax, eating 1/5ths of my total profit. 50 runs, lose 200k+.

but if you defend eclipse instead you make those 200k back. meaning no time was wasted

25% is hardly "modest," particularly for something so easily maintained.  But of course everyone is greedy, I don't blame Eclipse in the slightest for what they're doing, but if you really want to say taking 1/4 of everything I earn there is modest, you need to learn about basic economics.  1/4 of everything everyone makes there, considering it's easily one of the largest pay outs in games, is a huge, huge number that will not go to maintenance, but to funding more of the solar rail take over.  It's an extremely intelligent ploy, and kudos to Eclipse for going for it.  Just don't hide your own greed and point fingers, that's just silly.

You forgot about Battlepay, too.

There's maintenance, there's more solar rails to deploy elsewhere, because why not? And then there's Battlepay to make sure the rails stay theirs.

You can't blame them for wanting to shave some off the top. Even After Taxes it is still the most profitable non-key mission in the game. 25% of 21,000 is 15,250. That's right on par with Void 1. BUT, you don't need Void Keys to do Dark Sector.

So basically you expect the clans to maintain the solar rails for free? You want all of them to give you 0% tax, and allow you to infinitely run the mission, without any support from yourself?

LOL.

You're just wanting free handouts.

With a tax in place..... you do the mission, you get to keep 80% of the earnings. You give 20% of the earnings to the Alliance to help them maintain the rail that allows you to go there. Said Alliance funnels some of that money back to you in Battlepay so that you're not wasting ridiculous amounts of time and getting 0 credits from each Solar Rail mission you run.

They Help You (by building and deploying the rail)

You Help Them (by paying the tax)

They Help You (by giving you Battlepay)

You help them, they help you, everybody should be happy.

BUT NO!

You want this:

They Help You (by building the rail)

You Help Yourself (by taking everything you got from the mission and keeping it)

They Maintain the Rails Themselves (because you don't want to help them with your contributions)

That's called selfishness.

Yes. It is. Though it's only this node in particular. Sechura.

Contrary to what you have said, support will be given to the defence of Sechura.

Without battlepay.

I do agree that I am doing what I do for personal gain. Is a DUH necessary?

but if you defend eclipse instead you make those 200k back. meaning no time was wasted

^^

This.

You could whine about "losing" 200k over 50 missions, OR you could just pony up, and then make that same 200k back later by doing 20 missions at 10k battlepay per defense mission.

Still find it odd that Eclipse is taxing everyone but their own members for use of the rail. I'm going to be brutally honest... that's a scumbag thing to do. It's like letting politicians not pay taxes.

25% tax for non-Eclipse players. 0% tax for Eclipse players. 

No one should be exempt. Especially not your members, Eclipse. Don't be that guy.

Yes. It is. Though it's only this node in particular. Sechura.

Contrary to what you have said, support will be given to the defence of Sechura.
Without battlepay.

*shrugs* A lot of people are misguided.

I do agree that I am doing what I do for personal gain. Is a DUH necessary?

So you agree to being hypocritical, greedy, AND self-centered.

Right.

And here you are, crying out against Eclipse for being greedy when you're full of greed yourself. Pot, meet kettle.