The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

1-5% is ideal.

0% is ideal.

bwaa bwaa 35% tax too much plix plox...

you do understand that the math is solid, and math says 70%+ tax means you are making less money from DS than from any other node ?

anything lower that you are still making ridiculous amounts of credits because you dont need to expend voidkeys ???

would i like them to have 0 credits... yes maybe but even if they hit 50% credits i am still proffitting while running DS there... and if not anything else DS have dem infests which is easiest enemy ingame and they start from lvl 25 instead of 30 (odd) so..

I have hundreds of Void keys, and I'll burn them all up before I give anyone charging more than 3% the opportunity to charge me a single credit.

Edited by Saenol

I dont belong to any alliance lol. Im in a small clan with just me and my friends...

Well... this is embarrassing now isn't it...

Yes, for you that is.

Im also in a ghost clan with my friends, and i have done massively well out of Eclipse owning 8 or so rails.

The 25% credit tax is nothing when you consider that the main reason to go to Dark Sectors is for the XP and resources. Not to mention that even at 25% tax youll still be leaving with much more credits than you would have gotten on a normal defence or survival mission on the same planet.

And then theres the fact that Eclipse can actually pay to defend thier rails. Which has become a massive boost to my credit pile and is helping me fuel tansmutations in search of the elusive stance mods.

As long as Eclipse is happy to fork out enough credit for me to do permastealth zorencopter LoloLoki  runs for them, im a happy person. Who can only be made happier by finally finding Gleaming Talon or Quickening.

Edited by Dualstar

Eclipse has 8 rails, there are 26 rails. A monopoly would be owning the majority or all of the solar rails and being able to set the tax rates at whatever price they want. Eclipse has a monopoly over Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells from dark sectors but they do not have a monopoly over all of the rails. And besides taking 1 node and giving away 1 node how has Eclipse tried to monopolize the system?

Read my post again and use your english skills to find out what hinted that what I said was a JOKE. Here's a hint, OBAMA.

I stopped caring about the whole dark sector thing so I don't play them anymore

The 25% credit tax is nothing when you consider that the main reason to go to Dark Sectors is for the XP and resources. Not to mention that even at 25% tax youll still be leaving with much more credits than you would have gotten on a normal defence or survival mission on the same planet.

Completely and utterly beside the point.

I haven't really paid much attention to the dark sectors... I have tried it out to see what it was like. The survival, the defense, the conflict, but in the end I wasn't impressed by it.

I didn't see any new tiles either. It might have changed but... eh.....

Which is why clans/alliances owning all the rails, to me, is moot. At least for now anyway, since I don't really see anything interesting in the dark sectors.

Edited by VoidWraith

But not attacking them just has them on top.

And?  Does it make the slightest bit of difference to 99.9% of the player base?

I don't know what clans are in Eclipse.  And even if I knew that, I wouldn't have the slightest clue which players are in those clans.  And quite frankly, I don't care.  And I won't care, unless they start yammering about how they are all uber and l33t.  Then I might run some stuff against them just out of spite.  But for the rest, I don't really care who controls the node as long as they don't tax resources and don't go too overboard on credit tax.  The controller isn't going to be me, so why do I care which person I don't know who hasn't done anything to annoy me controls the node?

Edited by Axterix13

And?  Does it make the slightest bit of difference to 99.9% of the player base?

I don't know what clans are in Eclipse.  And even if I knew that, I wouldn't have the slightest clue which players are in those clans.  And quite frankly, I don't care.  And I won't care, unless they start yammering about how they are all uber and l33t.  Then I might run some stuff against them just out of spite.  But for the rest, I don't really care who controls the node as long as they don't tax resources and don't go too overboard on credit tax.  The controller isn't going to be me, so why do I care which person I don't know controls the node?

So you'd rather be under their thumb? Okay.

You guys do realize how many people play those missions? Just having a 1% tax, out of 1000 credits, they get 10. Multiply that by all the people that play the sector, and that adds up to a very large sum. That itself can be used to return in battle pay.

Do you realise just how much you will need to pay out in battle pay?

You probably don't realize this, but...

They won't fight for the other alliance if they like to have a high battle pay from Eclipse. Greed corrupts all.

yeah... no... if I want credits I will just go to the void... why bother with 6000? Now if its 60,000 call me.

Don't see why this is such a big deal. They make a monopoly, players get annoyed, players work to take them down. Players are pleased, players will let them continue with their taxes (which frankly, I find quite fair).

Whine threads do nothing guys. You want them off the rails, take action. Complaining about how you don't want to pay taxes won't help.

So you'd rather be under their thumb? Okay.

I'm not under their thumb.  I'm free to do whatever I want.  The only thing they can do is dictate some taxes on some nodes that are purely optional to use.  And if that annoys me, I'm free to do my best to hurt them, to run missions against them, to join an alliance trying to take the rail away and put my credits toward helping to take the node away.

Basically, unless they start acting like jerks, I don't have a reason to want to kick them out.

Edited by Axterix13

Don't see why this is such a big deal. They make a monopoly, players get annoyed, players work to take them down. Players are pleased, players will let them continue with their taxes (which frankly, I find quite fair).

Whine threads do nothing guys. You want them off the rails, take action. Complaining about how you don't want to pay taxes won't help.

but it isn't working. They defeated the ANGRY ARMY.

They destroyed them.

Its not going to work. Probably not even 25% of the community of warframe goes on the forums anyway. So most people just go with the one with the best battle pay...

but it isn't working. They defeated the ANGRY ARMY.

They destroyed them.

Its not going to work. Probably not even 25% of the community of warframe goes on the forums anyway. So most people just go with the one with the best battle pay...

angry army was a clan. Not a full fledged power alliance...

Speaking the truth.

20-35% taxes is horrid.

1-5% is ideal.

Until you've run an alliance and experienced first-hand the income from a 1% tax and the amount you have to pay to defend your rails, you're basically talking out of your sphincter muscle.

Which is why 3-5% is ideal.

Wrong. So very wrong.

Math ensues from here. Youve been warned.

Using Seimeni as an example, before the last conflict Eclipse had it at 20% credit tax, meaning they would be earning about 5k credits for each player that played there,

Now when the conflict came along, Eclipse offered a minimum of 5k credits to each person. Last i checked it was 75k runs to destroy a rail, so Eclipse spent at least 375 million credits to keep Seimeni.

Now onto how much they earned from Seimeni during the downtime.

As i said, the 20% credit tax meant that Eclipse earned about 5k credits from each person running Seimeni, now we must work out if its even possible for them to have earned that much during the 24h downtime.

So if we assume that all Seimeni runs were 4 man, that means 18750 runs had to be completed for Eclipse to break even.

So how many runs will need to be happening concurrently for Eclipse to break even in 24 hours?

Well, an average of 781 4-man runs per hour needs to happen for Eclipse to break even. Now defence missions are not completed quickly, everyone knows this. I once clocked ~6 minuites to complete to wave 5 of Seimeni, so that will be the reference

Now 6 minuites conveniently means that a 4 man cell can do just under 10 Seimeni runs an hour.

So there needs to be an average of just over 78 4-man games running at Seimeni, constantly, leaving at the earliest opportunity and restarting as fast as possible in order for Eclipse to break even on the battle pay they gave out defending the place.

And then theres the credits cost for maintenence. Which is beyond my knowledge at the moment, but is an additional cost on top of the battle pay.

Basically, 3-5% might cut it for maintaining a rail, but it is FAR from adequate for defending one.

Edited by Dualstar

They tax waaaaaaaay too high, but they give the highest battle pay with the credits from those taxes...

Its really annoying. I think its because of the taxes and the fact that they control 99% of the dark sectors...

I was talking to someone in game and they said their just worried Eclipse will grow into a monopoly.

And I agree. Its pretty much happening now anyway.

A simple fix would be to have a max number of rails deployed...

Maybe like 4 or something...

Apparently theres 26 so... yah.. 4 sounds decent.

(Dont know if theres a mega thread on this or what but.. yah)

8 out of 26 is 30% not 99%.

They started with 8 rails & lost Yersa, Neptune, bringing the count down to 7 rails. They then took Amarna, Sedna to bring the number back up to 8 rails again.

8 current count: Earth (1), Jupiter (2), Europa (1), Saturn (2), Sedna (1), Ceres (1),

13 planets total, 6 with Eclipse rails, 7 without Eclipse rails.

7 planets currently without Eclipse rails: Venus, Mars, Neptune, Eris, Pluto. Uranus, Phobos (not including Mercury because there are no rails available on Mercury).

It's up to you to interpret the numbers as you wish.

If people would follow what the tenno stand for and not battle pay this wouldn't happen. What happened to the tenno fighting to keep balance. Now it seems they can be bought out to the highest bidder.

Where is your honor tenno?!?

If the Eclipse grows too much I should hope the community can band together and ignore battle pay.

To battle tenno!

First off, this is a game, not a culture.

Second, our honor is in our wallets, swimming around in our credits.

EDIT: I just read that in a Sargas Ruk voice, holy crap that sounded better in my head.

Edited by MorteTacere