Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Loki Really A Trickster Or Are The Enemies Just Braindead?

LobsterFiend

AI are simply scripted to be attracted to larger aggro, appearance never matter in the first place.

What if i told you that DE can make the AI aim 100% headshot at your invisible Loki?

Of course it doesn't matter in mechanics.  But it's just a little something that would make the gameplay more believable.  You know, since Loki is my favorite frame and all that.

What makes you think your perception of decoy (in so far as being bright white) is the enemies' perception of decoy rather than a sort of filtering done by your Warframe to indicate to yourself and your allies that it is a decoy, not an actual Tenno?

As for the standing stationary firing a pistol, I don't have a good explanation for that.  :shrug:

Maybe the Grineer/Corpus/Infested see things differently from Tenno? Like a dog sees color differently from humans.

I'm more concerned about how an Ember can shoot flames in space on that Forma BP alert tileset where players exit the ship and is exposed to space. Physics is hard.

What makes you think your perception of decoy (in so far as being bright white) is the enemies' perception of decoy rather than a sort of filtering done by your Warframe to indicate to yourself and your allies that it is a decoy, not an actual Tenno?

As for the standing stationary firing a pistol, I don't have a good explanation for that.  :shrug:

Thats a pretty good point actually....

I imagine it goes something like this:

"Oh! Oh! Oh guys! Look! LOOK! It's a TENNO!"

"No sh*&"

"But he's standing still."

And this realization prompts all enemies to attack just out of desperation so that they can say: "I killed a Tenno.". It's sad, really.

Ya know..that really changes my perspective.

Lokis decoy appears to us as it does to our Tenno. Our warframes allow us to see through Lokis clever ruses.

Enemies on the other hand see that asshat who has been trolling them for the past half hour, and so run at it in a blind rage, seeking to beat it to death with their provas.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1!

and make the decoy move on the spot do some melee moves (ala zer0 from borderlands 2)

Yeah- no.

Decoy is way too weak to have it be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Unless you're talking about stationary movement.

Unless it's placed in cover, any mob above level 10 will shred it to pieces. Having it RUN out of said cover would be a nightmare. Not to mention using for teleports.

Either make Decoy invincible with a timer THEN have it run around, or keep it the way it is.

As for OP; you think that's bad? Enemies will still be aggro drawn to Decoys that they can't get line of sight on, and alot of the time they just stand there staring at a wall. Example;

Decoyexample.png

The Decoy is inside that orange crate in the background. Yes- those moas aren't shooting. Yes, they're just staring at the crate like dunces.

Edited by Triburos