The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions To Make Excalibur The Melee Frame He's Supposed To Be

Deidaku

I see no reason to tell the OP to GOML. But yes, I agree with your ideas. Excalibur is in a funny spot where he has one exceptional ability, one interesting movement skill, but his 2 dmg skills don't scale well for high lvl play.

-Jin

Agreed Jin , I think Nyx also suffers from bad damage scaling with psychic bolts (+the skill is very usless at higher levels)

I just rebuilt my excal just for melee 2.0 btw it's like being a newbie again.....with a soma Darka prime and marelok XD

Get out.

Go ahead and suggest an alternate 3, but don't you dare suggest that Super Jump be removed. Nobody's touching my Super Jump.

Man so many scrubs with a rocket in their pocket for SJ.  Amazing.

Make it a 'general' skill and give xcal something that better players have use of plz...

I see no reason to tell the OP to GOML. But yes, I agree with your ideas. Excalibur is in a funny spot where he has one exceptional ability, one interesting movement skill, but his 2 dmg skills don't scale well for high lvl play.

-Jin

If Slash Dash had its damage output multiplied off the combo counter it'd be a very powerful damage skill.

Alas, xcal prime is Founders exclusive...I'd be surprised if we actually saw anything interesting happen to him.

Edited by Thaumatos

Agreed Jin , I think Nyx also suffers from bad damage scaling with psychic bolts (+the skill is very usless at higher levels)

I just rebuilt my excal just for melee 2.0 btw it's like being a newbie again.....with a soma Darka prime and marelok XD

I Had a suggestion for Nyx's Psychic Bolts a while back, but it was buried under "____ is OP!" style posts.

I might repost it, just to see it people like it.

But yes, Excalibur is alot of fun, even if my 1 and 4 aren't up to par.

-Jin

More stamina is a good idea

after all he is kind of the "scout frame"

I always thought Loki was supposed to be the "scout" frame (what with having the lowest health and shields of all the frames) but then again I suppose neither him nor Excalibur are bound to any one particular role. Either way Excalibur having some extra stamina is definitely justified since he has a melee theme and honestly he is a bit mediocre in terms of movement speed.

Get out.

Go ahead and suggest an alternate 3, but don't you dare suggest that Super Jump be removed. Nobody's touching my Super Jump.

They shouldn't remove Super Jump, but I would like to see it improved. Make it possible to use it in mid air so you can use it to double-jump (or maybe even multi-jump). And make it so that if you use it mid wall run, you get a massive boost in jumping distance (vertical boost if running up the wall, horizontal if running along it).

Oh, and remove that "power in use" delay when you use it, Super Jump + Slash Dash could make for a great poor man's Tailwind if it weren't for that annoying delay.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Oh, and remove that "power in use" delay when you use it, Super Jump + Slash Dash could make for a great poor man's Tailwind if it weren't for that annoying delay.

I'd like to have a Tail Wind-style option for this ability.

Using Super Jump while on the ground would do what it does now.

Using it while sprinting would make you leap forward instead of straight up.

How's that?

-Jin

How's that?

-Jin

I wouldn't mind a bit more forward momentum when using it while running/sprinting. May not be too much of an issue though if they removed that delay and made those skills easier to combo, but it would still be nice for those mid-length jumps that don't require a full blown Slash Dash.

I wouldn't mind a bit more forward momentum when using it while running/sprinting. May not be too much of an issue though if they removed that delay and made those skills easier to combo, but it would still be nice for those mid-length jumps that don't require a full blown Slash Dash.

Yeah, exactly. My idea would help conserve energy for combat, rather than rushing. Super Jump is a good ability, and I'd love to see it have this change.

-Jin

How's that?

-Jin

super leap. that would be nice 

They shouldn't remove Super Jump, but I would like to see it improved. Make it possible to use it in mid air so you can use it to double-jump (or maybe even multi-jump). And make it so that if you use it mid wall run, you get a massive boost in jumping distance (vertical boost if running up the wall, horizontal if running along it).

what about if they put the heavy impact into super jump that knocks down the targets and does damage

Ive been maining Excalibur after I level any new frame. He could definitely use some more stamina since he is rather slow for an all rounder frame IMO. With power creep of newer frames his average power level has fallen below average. He has amazing abilities except radial javelin IMO. Slash dash is great movement and invul in a pinch. Super jump is great movement, and radial blind is godlike. Raise your hand and the world stops for you.

Out of curiosity, how would everyone feel about super jump having a secondary use?

For instance:

- If you aim directly at an enemy and cast super jump, You'll jump to that enemy. Not only will you jump to them, but it'll be considered a "Jump" in game with all the benefits (heavy impact proc, ability to ground slam).

- If you're not aiming at an enemy it'll be the classic shoot up into the air that it is now.

Strength affect jump height

Range affects how far Excal can jump.

This would make him more of a melee frame as he could close the distance between enemies, but at the same time he still has that slower "fighter" feel over Ash's teleporty ninja feel.

Out of curiosity, how would everyone feel about super jump having a secondary use?

For instance:

- If you aim directly at an enemy and cast super jump, You'll jump to that enemy. Not only will you jump to them, but it'll be considered a "Jump" in game with all the benefits (heavy impact proc, ability to ground slam).

- If you're not aiming at an enemy it'll be the classic shoot up into the air that it is now.

Strength affect jump height

Range affects how far Excal can jump.

This would make him more of a melee frame as he could close the distance between enemies, but at the same time he still has that slower "fighter" feel over Ash's teleporty ninja feel.

Give it your suggestion but add the heavy impact inate to normal superjump just going in the air when lands sends enemys flying outwards

I feel like Excalibur should be more of an in-your-face swordsman than he is. Closer to Valkyr, without becoming too similar. I just feel like he doesn't do anything that one of the other frames can't do better.

I usually try Excal/ExcalPrime every now and then, thinking it can't be as bad as I remember, and every time it is. The only ability that is where it should be is Blind, in my opinion. Radial Javelin gives me the impression that it should be used from within a pack of enemies, but for that to be even remotely viable the cast time has to come down. A lot. Becoming the swordsman/melee ranged fighter I've always thought of him as, he's going to need some more survivability too, I think.

Also. Super Jump. What is it even for? All of you guys who use it, what do you use it for / in what situation? I'd actually like to know, cause I have no idea...
Most or all (important/meaningful) locations are accessible by any frame anyway, so it's not like you need it to get places, and it's terrible for mobility, as forward momentum is close to none.

Allowing slash dash build the combo counter is great.

And allowing Super Jump to double jump is awesome too.

Radial Javelin should have a 100% chance to proc blast, so he knocks everyone down on their &#! even if he doesn't kill them.

Unlimited punch through is nice to have on Jav, but that makes him another 4 spamming char no ? :/

Edited by fatpig84

Allowing slash dash build the combo counter is great.

And allowing Super Jump to double jump is awesome too.

Radial Javelin should have a 100% chance to proc blast, so he knocks everyone down on their &#! even if he doesn't kill them.

Unlimited punch through is nice to have on Jav, but that makes him another 4 spamming char no ? :/

Not that much. Excal don't have that much energy

some one sugested a duplicate style power? that is an awesome idea, especially when hes surrounded, he could create a duplicate of himself to fight in 2 directions at once, only melee attacks allowed for this ability no guns.  that would be bad a$$. excalibur is my favorite, i do have frost, hes cool.  wow did i just say that?

some one sugested a duplicate style power? that is an awesome idea, especially when hes surrounded, he could create a duplicate of himself to fight in 2 directions at once, only melee attacks allowed for this ability no guns.  that would be bad a$$. excalibur is my favorite, i do have frost, hes cool.  wow did i just say that?

So ninja style duplicate? /mirro image ?