Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underslung Rotary Chaingun

Maljas23

While we do have a minigun, in the form of the Gorgon, a real rotary-based chaingun is missing from the vast weapon selection in this game. DE, have you guys considered ever adding one?

It could be a Grineer-based tech lab weapon, or even a Tenno-based tech lab weapon. I'm sure both factions would have one.

Am I the only wanting a real chaingun here? Because, the closest thing to a rotary chaingun, we currently have, is actually the Cestra, lol

Edited by Maljas23

While we do have guns that work like a chain gun and what not, I would love a chain gun.

Thinking 200-250 rounds and then one reload for the next 200-250 rounds. Not sure about how many rounds would be a good idea since real chain guns can burn 500 rounds like nothing and I do want to provide some sense of balance in the game thus the 200-250 rounds. Thinking also a 1.5-2 second reload for the system.

Edited by gamefreak9149

We're ninjas, not heavy soldiers

Agree here.  We've strayed far enough from our ninja roots; Warframe and its Tenno, culture and all, were based off the ninja motif.  A chaingun would simply be throwing the original development goals into a gutter and succumbing to big and heavy gun shooters that dot the bargain bins of the industry today.

Also, a chaingun is not rotary.  A rotary gun contains multiple barrels that rotate, hence the name.  Chainguns consist of a single barrel and is fed with a chain-mechanism, fed either by an electric motor or some sort of engine.  In that sense, the Spectra is neither a rotary gun nor a chaingun, having neither multiple barrels nor containing a chain-operated feeding mechanism.  The rotating animation of the spectra's magazine is purely cosmetic, from an operational standpoint.  Also, the gorgon is not a minigun/gatling gun either, containing just one barrel.

Edited by DalaiLlama

Agree here.  We've strayed far enough from our ninja roots; Warframe and its Tenno, culture and all, were based off the ninja motif.  A chaingun would simply be throwing the original development goals into a gutter and succumbing to big and heavy gun shooters that dot the bargain bins of the industry today.

Also, a chaingun is not rotary.  A rotary gun contains multiple barrels that rotate, hence the name.  Chainguns consist of a single barrel and is fed with a chain-mechanism, fed either by an electric motor or some sort of engine.  In that sense, the Spectra is neither a rotary gun nor a chaingun, having neither multiple barrels nor containing a chain-operated feeding mechanism.  The rotating animation of the spectra's magazine is purely cosmetic, from an operational standpoint.  Also, the gorgon is not a minigun/gatling gun either, containing just one barrel.

Clearly the Tenno aren't just ninja. Trying to use that excuse as a reason not to have this kind of gun is a unnecessary limitation.

If the Phage, Penta, Ogris, and Ignis wasn't enough to give that fact away, surely Warframe like Hydross, Rhino, and Valkyr are. Also, a handheld Gatling gun is what I meant. Sorry.

Spectra isn't related here. The Cestra is most certainly a rotary weapon, however.

Finally, just because other games have certain weapons, doesn't mean Warframe shouldn't. They aren't related, so I have no idea why you are trying to make that seem like that matters. Most of the weapons in this game already exist in another games and yet there is no problem. There is no logical argument here.

Edited by Maljas23

I'm more in the favor of a Warhammer 40k Heavy Bolter, just let me repost my suggestion:

Requirements:

Mastery Rank 15

Research Requirements:

1.000.000 Alloy Plate

250 Morphics

100.000 Rubedo

500.000 Salvage

Build Resource Requirements:

50.000 Alloy Plate

50.000 Rubedo

50 Morphics

8 Forma

Damage output:

Armor reactive rounds with innate punch-through, 500 rounds per minute.

100 Impact Damage

225 Puncture Damage

100 Slash Damage

Accuracy 15

250 rounds high capacity box magazine

1000 rounds total ammo capacity

Do not nerf!

JdBuUrR.jpg

I'm more in the favor of a Warhammer 40k Heavy Bolter, just let me repost my suggestion:

Requirements:

Mastery Rank 15

Research Requirements:

1.000.000 Alloy Plate

250 Morphics

100.000 Rubedo

500.000 Salvage

50.000 Alloy Plate

50.000 Rubedo

50 Morphics

8 Forma

Damage output:

100 Impact Damage

225 Puncture Damage

100 Slash Damage

Accuracy 15

Do not nerf!

JdBuUrR.jpg

Considering how stingy GW are with copyright and such, I doubt DE could get away with straight up putting a heavy bolter in their game

Considering how stingy GW are with copyright and such, I doubt DE could get away with straight up putting a heavy bolter in their game

They could stick some gold piping on it, it's what they usually do.

And call it a "Heacy Generic Mini Rocket Gun" or simply "Grineer Popper".

it would be a nice feature only if we had a weight system, where the weight of your loadout affected your mobility, that way an ogris and this chaingun idea would mean lots of dps but your not gonna be leaping everywhere like a gazelle.

If the Phage, Penta, Ogris, and Ignis wasn't enough to give that fact away, surely Warframe like Hydross, Rhino, and Valkyr are. Also, a handheld Gatling gun is what I meant. Sorry.

Unfortunately, I lack an explanation for Rhino.  I've never liked him, and having not used him often I cannot speak on his behalf.

The very difference that the phage, penta, ogris, and ignis splatter across the board is evidence enough that DE has long since strayed from their original design goal; do note that Hydroid and Valkyr were both released far after these weapons while the original design intent was still being blatantly ignored.  The point is that a handheld gatling gun, while being redundant, would simply continue this offroad trend as well as making Warframe resemble so many other shooters already on the market.  The goal of the conservatives, or the people you oppose in this post, is at least partly to return to that status quo.

Not only would a return to roots add a style to the game and set it further apart from the other shooters that currently dominate the market, but provide deeper gameplay than current run and gun/hold M1 until moving target stops moving.  I remember talking about this in some other thread a long time ago, but in substitute to a heavy gatling gun or a railgun, I'd support more stealthy, erudite options: variations of placable traps (with more effect variation than damage/death a la Castanas), timed/proximity explosives, sabotage tools, a blowgun, or a noise-generating mechanic that allows for players to throw objects or shoot objects silently to distract guards with impact sound.  Such implementation of quirky and stealth-friendly tools/mechanics would serve to deepen the game much more than 4 more feet of metal tubing and 2 gallons of testosterone.  

Warframe needs a direction apart from random weapon dilution creating the sort of depth Call of Duty does, providing players many ways to do the same thing to achieve the same result: many guns that all shoot bullets that all kill people.  Depth can be achieved here in Warframe by providing many ways to do different things to achieve that result; stealth kills, distraction, etc.  Adding a rotary gatling gun is certainly not going to take us there.

EDIT: Added ideas include seizing control of the cameras in Corpus maps to obtain knowledge on unit placement (in preparation for stealth or for information gathering purposes) and using hacking/sabotage tools to vent rooms in order to deny a route of access for enemy reinforcements.

Edited by DalaiLlama

Personally I think all that needs to happen is for the Gorgon/Supra to be buffed to have what's being asked for. also would help if thse two guns could have their own niche outside the shadow of the Soma (seriously why does the Soma have a bigger magazine than the Gorgon and Supra?)

Unfortunately, I lack an explanation for Rhino.  I've never liked him, and having not used him often I cannot speak on his behalf.

The very difference that the phage, penta, ogris, and ignis splatter across the board is evidence enough that DE has long since strayed from their original design goal; do note that Hydroid and Valkyr were both released far after these weapons while the original design intent was still being blatantly ignored.  The point is that a handheld gatling gun, while being redundant, would simply continue this offroad trend as well as making Warframe resemble so many other shooters already on the market.  The goal of the conservatives, or the people you oppose in this post, is at least partly to return to that status quo.

Not only would a return to roots add a style to the game and set it further apart from the other shooters that currently dominate the market, but provide deeper gameplay than current run and gun/hold M1 until moving target stops moving.  I remember talking about this in some other thread a long time ago, but in substitute to a heavy gatling gun or a railgun, I'd support more stealthy, erudite options: variations of placable traps (with more effect variation than damage/death a la Castanas), timed/proximity explosives, sabotage tools, a blowgun, or a noise-generating mechanic that allows for players to throw objects or shoot objects silently to distract guards with impact sound.  Such implementation of quirky and stealth-friendly tools/mechanics would serve to deepen the game much more than 4 more feet of metal tubing and 2 gallons of testosterone.  

Warframe needs a direction apart from random weapon dilution creating the sort of depth Call of Duty does, providing players many ways to do the same thing to achieve the same result: many guns that all shoot bullets that all kill people.  Depth can be achieved here in Warframe by providing many ways to do different things to achieve that result; stealth kills, distraction, etc.  Adding a rotary gatling gun is certainly not going to take us there.

EDIT: Added ideas include seizing control of the cameras in Corpus maps to obtain knowledge on unit placement (in preparation for stealth or for information gathering purposes) and using hacking/sabotage tools to vent rooms in order to deny a route of access for enemy reinforcements.

There is nothing wrong with adding those types of items that you are suggesting, as well. However, it makes no logical sense to keep using weapons from other games, as a reason to keep them out of Warframe. Also, DE has clearly steered away from the whole "Ninja" concept by adding those weapons I mentioned, as well as, many others. I personally think that this is a good thing, because it feels more like we players are mercenaries rather than just strictly ninja.

There is no reason to have such limitations in a Sci-fi game of this type, considering that Dark Sector had some creative weapons as well. You say i mentioned newer Warframes, but I can also mention some of the original ones as well. Ember's World of Fire, no matter how you try to twist it, has never been "ninja" like at any point of this game's existence

Again, there is no logical reason to dismiss a Gatling gun in this game, when it would fit just fine.

There is nothing wrong with adding those types of items that you are suggesting, as well. However, it makes no logical sense to keep using weapons from other games, as a reason to keep them out of Warframe. Also, DE has clearly steered away from the whole "Ninja" concept by adding those weapons I mentioned, as well as, many others. I personally think that this is a good thing, because it feels more like we players are mercenaries rather than just strictly ninja.

There is no reason to have such limitations in a Sci-fi game of this type, considering that Dark Sector had some creative weapons as well. You say i mentioned newer Warframes, but I can also mention some of the original ones as well. Ember's World of Fire, no matter how you try to twist it, has never been "ninja" like at any point of this game's existence

Again, there is no logical reason to dismiss a Gatling gun in this game, when it would fit just fine.

I suppose the compromise would be that DE pays attention to both flaming barrels of fire as well as quiet manipulation.  I'll admit, adding either contributes to the same effect of providing new playstyles; the only difference is the potential deepening of gameplay.  Both can benefit, I feel that one may benefit more.  We'll see what DE has cooking up.

Requirements:

Mastery Rank 15

Research Requirements:

1.000.000 Alloy Plate

250 Morphics

100.000 Rubedo

500.000 Salvage

50.000 Alloy Plate

50.000 Rubedo

50 Morphics

8 Forma

Damage output:

100 Impact Damage

225 Puncture Damage

100 Slash Damage

Accuracy 15

Do not nerf!

JdBuUrR.jpg

Yes, all of my yes.

fist sized, armor- piercing bolts.

60.0 rate of fire.

and before you enter the pod at extraction your spine snaps from the strenuous job of carriying that through the map.

mission insta-fail

Edited by deltaheavy