Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Some People Think Of The New Rescue Mission

Kaotyke

I was in a mission Lobby with invite friends and one of them invite their own friends, he was a Rhino, we told him he needed to change to a more stealthy frame like Loki or Ash so we can get max points easily, and he said:

"quote" I can do 3k damage, I dont need a random *insert G-word that activades Kickbot* "unquote"

Put that moment where the Lobby went quiet for a few seconds, and he said that he would do solo, and left....

I know its spitefull of me but..... I hope he has a REALLY hard time getting those 100 points.

Well, I think DE needs to optimize the in-game VOIP for this mission if you dont want to rush it using Loki and Ash... Stealth is going bit by bit, we are getting there.

Though it's true using those Frames would help getting the points more easily, you don't have to. For example, I was using Banshee, and all I was doing is Sonar so that my team, consisting of two Lokis, would invisibru to victory while I stay back with this tactic. It actually felt nice, since I always liked being a support character in games (which is why I play Trinity as my main).

The Rhino could just be useful to destroy anything in you guys' path very quickly before entering the prison, and then they can wait outside of it until you guys finish the job. In that sense, he didn't NEED to change into a stealthy Frame, but he also didn't need to be so rude in reply to you guys' legitimate suggestion.

I agree with your last point as well. The margin for errors in stealth is very small unless you're using Loki/Ash, or if you're Solo-ing. Since there's not an actual stealth mechanics, but rather "stealth gimmicks inside an action packed game", it still needs things done.

One step at the time, as long as the community gives good feedback. All I hope is that DE actually consider them thoroughly, because you don't need to be a professional game designer to have ideas of similar, if not better caliber.

Edited by Casardis

First part of the mission sucks a bag of donkey $&*^s due to the way enemies spawn

Warden room is mad fun though

And the hostage handles Despair quite well too so the last leg of the mission is quite alright

There's no penalty to getting caught outside of the Warden room. Only the Wardens can trigger the death count, and there's always an alarm terminal right outside the door to the prison.

Dude, I feel bad for you, you are completely being fooled.

Theres no stealth mechanics, and these missions are totally doable, and done even faster, if you play like always, that is: gunsblazing.

There's no penalty to getting caught outside of the Warden room. Only the Wardens can trigger the death count, and there's always an alarm terminal right outside the door to the prison.

It's still annoying and unfun to see enemies appear out of thin air or spawning in empty closets the moment one single enemy sees you (before even activating the alarm)...

It's an improvement over the old rescue mission. Would've liked to see Void or ODR missions added to the mix.

I do admit there are additional features, more spice and hotness to the mission, but there's no improvement.

Rescue was bad and broken, and all this work they done, doesn't fix the real problems of rescue.

The A.I doesn't adapt to the new forced stealth mechanisms.

One single enemy can still alert a whole room just by shouting...

...which he also does on a stealth kill, but this strangely draws no attention, srsly?

I have been playing Metal Gear Solid... when I surprised someone with a rocket launcher to his head he wouldn't even blink except for wet pants.

The Grineer / Corpus / Whatever just starts shooting, others hear those shots through closed doors across 2 rooms and that's it for ya.

The stealth sneaking is not the problem, but the A.I not adapting to it properly is the main cause.

Right now, I am just using a Nova, M.Prime everything, reset all alarms and some Deciphers on the doors.

I just don't care right now being spotted, just doing one childish "OH HAI, I'M NOVA"-splosion, all dead. Found some execution-consoles though.

Mission complete, onto the next.

Why waste time watching enemies, if you just can jump into the jail and start multiple max-range Bastilles? oh wai...

Stealth should be an option and be rewarded for it ( +30% EXP, +40% CR) . Not something forced, where the reward is still the same.

Otherwise a nice addition to the game.