Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, We Need Answers On Specters.

Sebastianx

I don't get it...So if you build a new specter of the same kind and you already have another, how can you pick which one you want to go with you in a mission? for example I build a Cosmic one that's Rhino with a Ogris, and another Cosmic one that's Nova with a Boltor...how do I pick which one I take with me D:

Also, what exactly stops us from taking the weakest specter and equipping him with the best equipment? (since they cost way less to produce but they'd still be as strong as a Cosmic one.

EDIT: And another thing, If I start crafting a specter with certain weapons, then forma those weapons, will he still use the weapons before they were formad and with the mods equipped at the moment of crafting...? or what?

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between the different types of specters, people are saying that Cosmic ones have HP/Shield and damage multiplier compared to Vapor. Is that true?

EDIT: Also, is it true that they don't use charge weapons? like charge bows, use an ogris...etc?

EDIT: Another thing, how do they benefit from mods, since from what I see they use a skill ONCE and nothing after that...so I'm guessing using power related mods is pointless on them...so do they benefit from HP/Shield/Armor/Speed mods at all?

EDIT: Something else that I also want to know. Do weapon mods really work on their weapons? Because the maxed out heavy caliber and multishot on the boltor my rhino is using doesn't seem to fire inaccurate and spread out, and also doesn't seem to fire 2 shots at once...do mods even work on them? or do they have set values that just scale with the Specter type and level?

Edited by Sebastianx

If you build a cosmic Rhino and then a Cosmic Nova, then Cosmic Nova will replace Cosmic Rhino.

There is nothing stopping you from making 10 vapor Specters instead of one Comsic, but I think Vapor Specters are inherently weaker (in terms of hp/shields and maybe even damage) than the Cosmic Specter.

You can only build one cosmic type. If you build another when it finishes it overwrites all your cosmics. Unless you see preserve then it stays as the previous. If you want multiple types get Cosmic, force, phase, and vapor, and build four types.

The reason its cheaper go to with vapor, and hard to build a cosmic is because you get the option to switch between four. Also there might be something special about cosmic, but I have yet to see the difference between vapor, phase, and force yet.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/226174-specters-the-best-feature-to-ever-happen/

you can also read my topic about it.

Edited by Arlayn

Still confused D: so many questions.

ask what is confusing you. I can keep answering to the best of my ability. You can even check in your arsenal to see the four types.

Basically you can only make ONE COSMIC , one force, one phase, and one vapor type at a time. It can only hold one load out, but you change this load out when you make a new batch.

edit: also just finished some new research into weapon usage on them.

Machinegun types: they use these just fine for cover fire.

Phage: don't bother...

Single fire rifles: Vastly superior in use due to their great aim.

Edited by Arlayn

ask what is confusing you. I can keep answering to the best of my ability. You can even check in your arsenal to see the four types.

Basically you can only make ONE COSMIC , one force, one phase, and one vapor type at a time. It can only hold one load out, but you change this load out when you make a new batch.

I understood that part now, but what about the rest of things I updated in the original post?

edit: also just finished some new research into weapon usage on them.

Machinegun types: they use these just fine for cover fire.

Phage: don't bother...

Single fire rifles: Vastly superior in use due to their great aim.

Guessing my Snipetron Vandal will do wonders then.

Edited by Sebastianx

EDIT: And another thing, If I start crafting a specter with certain weapons, then forma those weapons, will he still use the weapons before they were formad and with the mods equipped at the moment of crafting...? or what?

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between the different types of specters, people are saying that Cosmic ones have HP/Shield and damage multiplier compared to Vapor. Is that true?

EDIT: Also, is it true that they don't use charge weapons? like charge bows, use an ogris...etc?

I understood that part now, but what about the rest of things I updated in the original post?

Just now saw it. Sorry. Well lets start answering...

to the first edit question: No it does not update unless you build a new batch with your new loadout. Otherwise it stays with what you made it with.

To the second edit question: Infact I just finished research in this area, in fact higher tier has more health. When I used a vapor, and phase they died pretty damn quick, but when I threw my Force out there. It was a HUGE game changer. He took waaaaay more damage, and had deadly insane killing skill with his Grinlock. So yes higher tier means more health, but lower tier means you make more of them.

To the third edit question: Not entire sure about charging, but I heard it can use an Ogris from someone else(not sure if reliable source). Have not personally tested this YET.

edit: just completed my research. No they cannot use charge weapons at all, but they do a lot of reloading animation for DOING NOTHING.

Edited by Arlayn

Just now saw it. Sorry. Well lets start answering...

to the first edit question: No it does not update unless you build a new batch with your new loadout. Otherwise it stays with what you made it with.

To the second edit question: Infact I just finished research in this area, in fact higher tier has more health. When I used a vapor, and phase they died pretty damn quick, but when I threw my Force out there. It was a HUGE game changer. He took waaaaay more damage, and had deadly insane killing skill with his Grinlock. So yes higher tier means more health, but lower tier means you make more of them.

To the third edit question: Not entire sure about charging, but I heard it can use an Ogris from someone else(not sure if reliable source). Have not personally tested this YET.

Thanks, and did yet again another did as the question popped in my head, if you have some insight on that.

Edited by Sebastianx

OMG NVM HE CAN USE OGRIS!!! WHOA... ok but its a rare occurrence type deal. He MAY use it. There is a 99% chance he will fail because who knows... Like I am doing a solo defense match, and it took will wave 2 for him to start using it. Which he fired once, and now back to nothing...

OMG NVM HE CAN USE OGRIS!!! WHOA... ok but its a rare occurrence type deal. He MAY use it. There is a 99% chance he will fail because who knows... Like I am doing a solo defense match, and it took will wave 2 for him to start using it. Which he fired once, and now back to nothing...

Well, that's just a bug I assume...Also another question, that one about the weapon mods, if you have any idea.

EDIT: Another thing, how do they benefit from mods, since from what I see they use a skill ONCE and nothing after that...so I'm guessing using power related mods is pointless on them...so do they benefit from HP/Shield/Armor/Speed mods at all?

EDIT: Something else that I also want to know. Do weapon mods really work on their weapons? Because the maxed out heavy caliber and multishot on the boltor my rhino is using doesn't seem to fire inaccurate and spread out, and also doesn't seem to fire 2 shots at once...do mods even work on them? or do they have set values that just scale with the Specter type and level?

First an update on the Ogris deal. They will fire it if you give them time, and they have continuous line of sight with who they are planning to hit, but their timing is awful.

Now on to the new two questions

1: They only use ability 1 no matter what. Not entirely sure if they are benefiting or not, but the higher tier seem to be able to walk right into the lightning storm of death on the Ceres rescue mission vs. Phase dropping dead after being shot at once it reaches the other side, and vapor dying on its way walking through it. All of them with some pretty mean endurance mods like vigor, vitality, redirection infact the Force one that survived to kill everything had a steel fiber on. So no confirmation on it. May need someone who can find a reliable spot to test it(with lots of resources), or hope DE says something.

2: I noticed something was wrong when the guy who threw out his trinity with a flamethrower was shooting fire out, and he said it had radiation on. Pretty sure radiation comes out a certain way, but may have to double check if DE changed the updates on flamethrowers. I also noticed someone in another thread mention the specter was bugged with Tigris able to rapid fire it like a braton. Also It seemed the Grinlock was firing slow in the hands of the Force Specter, but I may not have been paying close attention to it to see if it can quickly shoot it faster as I do against a group of enemies. It seems to shoot in burst just like it does in the dark sector conflicts so no way to force it to bring out its full potential yet. Would need a weapon that usually always shoots straight to be used by it, and see if with multi shot, and heavy caliber if it will spread apart or not, but since it fails with an Ogris, and it looked like one missile was being shot out at a time. I am starting to get the feeling Mods don't work on them. (yes it was a cosmic using an Ogris)

Edited by Arlayn

First an update on the Ogris deal. They will fire it if you give them time, and they have continuous line of sight with who they are planning to hit, but their timing is awful.

1: They only use ability 1 no matter what. Not entirely sure if they are benefiting or not, but the higher tier seem to be able to walk right into the lightning storm of death on the Ceres rescue mission vs. Phase dropping dead after being shot at once it reaches the other side, and vapor dying on its way walking through it. All of them with some pretty mean endurance mods like vigor, vitality, redirection infact the Force one that survived to kill everything had a steel fiber on. So no confirmation on it. May need someone who can find a reliable spot to test it(with lots of resources), or hope DE says something.

2: I noticed something was wrong when the guy who threw out his trinity with a flamethrower was shooting fire out, and he said it had radiation on. Pretty sure radiation comes out a certain way, but may have to double check if DE changed the updates on flamethrowers. I also noticed someone in another thread mention the specter was bugged with Tigris able to rapid fire it like a braton. Also It seemed the Grinlock was firing slow in the hands of the Force Specter, but I may not have been paying close attention to it to see if it can quickly shoot it faster as I do against a group of enemies. It seems to shoot in burst just like it does in the dark sector conflicts so no way to force it to bring out its full potential yet. Would need a weapon that usually always shoots straight to be used by it, and see if with multi shot, and heavy caliber if it will spread apart or not, but since it fails with an Ogris, and it looked like one missile was being shot out at a time. I am starting to get the feeling Mods don't work on them. (yes it was a cosmic using an Ogris)

I was afraid of that :c , let's hope it's just a bug, because being unable to customize them even tho it FORCES you to be a certain conclave rating that you can get to ONLY with mods, and then not using them would just be...dumb.

Well, I really hope DE sees this and answers all of our questions. Someone should bump this later on when DE staff logs in so they may see it.

Made one with an Ogris...they just look at enemies for a few seconds, then reload xD kinda pathetic.

Edited by Sebastianx

I do hope they also make them run and pick up HP and energy orbs. And actually use skills more often. And stop aiming through walls when there's an enemy on the other side...even enemy AI isn't that dumb.

Yeah, there is a lot of room for improvement.

They dont use the mods we put in, they just use the base weapon/frame that raises in power with the level, like the enemies do.

gave my Drakgoon to a Phase spectre, tried defense and survival...

the gun seems to be unmodded, no elemental effects visible, no meaningful mods installed.

tried to shoot anything moving, missed the far away targets because it didn't lead them.

did not ever witness using a skill, too bad, was a frost prime.

think i will not use any unless we get more infos on how to use them effectively.

never ever used secondary weapon at all... might try giving a vapor only secondary...

I only use vapors so far and study them a bit.

So far I know this:

- If a primary weapon deals too much damage / ammo (f.e. Penta), the spectre won't use other weapons or abilities.

- If it gets attacked by close combat, it will defend with the equipped weapon.

- It will attack infested in close range, due to the nature of the infested. Unless point 1 on long range.

- Shields of it will recharge.

- It will get stuck in unusual places, but will unstuck itself by respawning.

- Has very high accuracy, will even set traps with Penta and use you as a grenade surface to bounce them off.

- Parcour? Need to check it again, didn't played a parcour tileset recently. Sorry.

- Has better AI then Rescue 2.0 -_-

- Won't attack the Stalker? O_o (Same faction? )

- Won't use your custom color scheme.

- Can keep up with you running (even with Rush), will stay close at your side and walk beside you in a formation!!! (WTF, Guardian)

- The "Specter running around you"-Bug may be intended, so don't bother. They will stand still after a while. Cautiousness = Pacing ;)

Need to test all other types, so these are the thing I observed using a Vapor Spectre.

Things to figure out:

- What does a spectre do, when it runs out of ammo?

- Can it die?

- What does it do, when secondary weapon is better then primary?

edit: forgot ONE IMPORTANT FACT!!!

G3 may capture your spectre!

You may need to try that - just for laughs.

Edited by Sypheal