Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont Nerf Frames That Are So Well Done That Everyone Knows Who They Are

AdFinitum

Trinity : Why nerf her - let people have a safe farm time or fun reaching high level defense / survival / nightmare missions. She is good at what she is - a dedicated survivability frame for a group that has a goal. She allows a group of random frames to achieve something instead of having four rhinos runnning around all the time. Her skills are useful at high levels.

Nova : Nerf Nova ? She is THE fun frame in warframe. I love her. She makes a room go boom ... but only at low levels. At higher levels she still has the damage bonus and the slowdown which makes her ability valid even at high levels

Vauban : Master of ( infested ) crowd control. Everyone is happy to have him in a group against infested defense and he is useful at every level.

Nekkros : Our puppet loot master - he is well known for his ability and it is valid at any level

The frames that seem overpowered are just frames whose ultimate is useful at high levels. And everybody knows them for what they are. Dont nerf them. They provide the most fun in the game. The frames whose ultimate is useless at high levels need a buff / rework instead. Almost all other frames have an ultimate that is nice at low levels but looses everything at higher levels. Thats why they are used less and are less known.

Mag : Nice skills but weak pretty early. Especially her pull could have much more potential. Instead of pushing enemies threw the map randomly it should really pull them from quite a distance into ultimate range. That would make her known for it and valid at high levels.

Volt : A little bit too weak - at least we know him for his speed buff... Make him the god of thunder maybe. Ultimate lightning striking really hard around him and still shocking enemies makeing him valid at high levels... He is way too much dependant on environment and stuck on xini for now...

Zephyr : A real fun frame. Her airtime is way too short though. Make her something like that : Is it a bird ? No its Zephyr ! She also needs some improvement to make her valid at higher levels.

Oberon : He is a mix of things. Doing none really good. His heal is weak, his ultimate is a joke. He needs a serious rework and he failed miserably at being a Paladin right from the beginning as I read.

Saryn : Another nice frame which is missing that one ultimate key ability feature that makes her powerful enough to take her on missions. Make her acid melt enemies down in a more powerful / memorizable way.

Hydroid : I am sorry to have to say it - but he is a Troll. And he is useless enough that I almost never see him other than for levelling him to 30 purposes.

DE : In my opinion every frame you create should answer especially one key question : What will make him / her still powerful / useful at high levels. So useful that everyone will know him / her for it.

I suppose this topic has been discussed a lot already. I just wanted to state my point of view fearing a nerf coming taking away a lot of the fun from the game by castrating the most well done / fun frames instead of giving all the other frames cool powers.

I say screw them both and stick with the current system, the only reason why would need to "NERF" anything is to have more of a PVP based gameplay, and honestly its just not there, and becides PVP is well balanced in most aspects. 

(honestly i think a few frames need a buff, like Ember)

Edited by GhostUnitVII

As an (almost) Rank 16 player, having every single mod maxed out, i can asolutly underline the written. Pls don't stop the fun and don't crash the roles frames are taking. I would appreciate buffs instead too!

Zephyr : A real fun frame. Her airtime is way too short though. Make her something like that : Is it a bird ? No its Zephyr ! She also needs some improvement to make her valid at higher levels.

Much fun as is. No changes required. Use duration mods for more air time.

Hydroid : I am sorry to have to say it - but he is a Troll. And he is useless enough that I almost never see him other than for levelling him to 30 purposes.

What? I have absolutely no problem with hydroid-I use him all the time. His first ability has some decent crowd control, but not spectacular, but it is still somewhat useful, which is saying  a lot because  most firsts are abysmal. His 2nd ability I admit that I never use, but almost every frame as an ability that isn't that great. His third ability is a useful get-out-of-jail-free card, Allowing you enough time to regenerate your shields while totally invulnerable. His 4th ability may not do the most damage, but it can get a lot of enemies out of the way, so basically, crowd control. The only ability He has that I could ever even consider a "troll" ability is the puddle, which can only troll by pulling a boss into it.

Before you call Hydroid a troll frame, look at Nekros, Vauban, and Nova. Nekros can cast shadows of the dead in cramped pipelines to stop you from getting through, Vauban can do the same with bounce, and Nova steals all the fun out of the game by clearing multiple rooms with no effort.

Edited by Darkjackal_2031

LOL TC is that guy who has only fun when he wins, challenge? Pff, doesn't matter, cheating, not cheating it's all about winning.

How in the flying f*ck are they well done mr. 3 posts?

Trinity trivializes the whole game, you are effing invincible, how is that fun? It is not, i literally fall asleep playing her and i have every mod maxed, castanas with 4 forma, stug with 5 forma, penta with 6, ogris with 6, I just have to choose how i will blow myself up with 24s of invincibility at the cost of 25 energy, seriously, just shut up.

Nova, that's even more ridiculous, up to lv 30 mid 30 she can kill everyone in the range of 50m at the cost of 25 energy with the press of a button.

With max BR you can do so as long as lv mid 50. It is OP, She is boring to play with, just by seeing other players use her i knew i would hate her, she was my last warframe and she is my warframe with the least amount of Forma, only 2. Every other one has at least 3.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Trinity: Let people have a safe farm time? Safe from Danger? If safe is what you wanted you shouldn't have strapped on your warframe. You're playing a SHOOTER, if you're completely safe from anything there's no point in playing the game where there's things constantly trying to kill you, where the challenge is trying to avoid dying. I'm not sure i could even call blessing survivability. You aren't really 'enduring' anything when you're completely invulnerable to everything with no risk at all. Ironically the person most at risk is trinity herself, but not through any flaw of blessing itself, just by people forgetting to turn on their invincibility before they continue to blow themselves up.

Nova: Nova is the complete opposite of fun. She LIT'RALLY takes away from the game, from you and moreso from everyone else you're playing with. There's no fun in killing everything with little effort. What you're enjoying is all the damage numbers, not playing the game. When you reach the point where "she doesn't kill everything but still has the damage boost", you've reached the point where the game shouldn't be balanced around enemies that high (really the same goes for blessing when it's needed to not die). A character like nova shouldn't exist in any game.

Vauban: I've seen like ONE person call for a nerf to him, and It's not even the infested vs him that's the problem. It's infested defense. Before we go altering the entire faction because of one 'frame, it'd be more interesting to remove the pillars everybody stands on and see how things play out then. Make the infested force you to move from any spot you're perched up at for too long. They don't need all that much.

Nekros: Just terrible. The only reason desecrate is technically "good" is because it's the only ability of it's kind in the game. Using a skill and watching it hit an enemy but have a chance of nothing happening at all several times alone makes it terrible, we're not even gonna get into it being behind 3 layers of random. If we're comparing Nekros to "puppet masters", the marionette strings on his puppets are withering and broken, leaving them to wander around aimlessly/awkwardly out of his control, before they fall on their face and the shows over. You'd have to naturally have kaleidoscope vision to see any changes to him as a "nerf".

All the post reads like to me is you want the game to be easy in literally every aspect. Can't believe it's posts like this that are holding the game up.

Edited by (PS4)Tego818

If people know/like something for being broken, then it's not a valid aspect to preserve.

Especially that pretty much every warframe can either effectively turn the combat off(bad design), or deny enemy interaction to the allies(even worse).

Nova : Nerf Nova ? She is THE fun frame in Warframe.

She is THE fun frame in warframe.

THE fun frame

fun

Stopped reading right there.

Edit: "Everyone is happy to have him in a group against infested defense..."

Speak for yourself and stop generalizing our opinions. I hate it when Vauban just sits on a crate and spams Vortex on the pod. I just go, "Well I'm not needed here," and I spend the rest of the game launching myself around the map using his Vortex spam.

Edited by Stefanovich

Reading the comments I come to the conclusion that people who are pro Nerf are mostly those who dont like playstyles possible with certain frames. You dont have to play it like that. You dont have to use the monster high ranked mods to make them OP and you dont have to play with people who play like that. You got a choice.

But people who like those playstyles will not have any choice if those frames will get nerfed.

I am not too fond of people trying to impose their choice onto others.

On the matter of Nova : Yes she is fun... to me. I sometimes enjoy soloing Tower 2 Survival and no - she is not overpowered enough to make that an easy run - thats why I stick to Tower 2. SHe just makes it possible ( in Tower 2 ) and its just enjoyable. Its an option - one that I hope stays in the game.

Its your choice to not use her cause you think that she is "OP" ( because you mod her to it ).

Frames need key abilities ( Frost being another example - his key ability being his Bubble valid even at high levels ). I dont suggest keeping overpowered frames - I suggest to add key abilities that makes them valid in at least one scenario even at higher enemy levels if they dont have one yet instead of nerfing existing key abilities.

Edited by AdFinitum

On the matter of Nova : Yes she is fun... to me. I sometimes enjoy soloing Tower 2 Survival and no - she is not overpowered enough to make that an easy run - thats why I stick to Tower 2. SHe just makes it possible ( in Tower 2 ) and its just enjoyable. Its an option - one that I hope stays in the game.

Its your choice to not use her cause you think that she is "OP" ( because you mod her to it ).

The reason she is not fun is because of people spamming MP. Not them, the people they're with. It just makes stuff simpler, and much more boring.

You dont have to use the monster high ranked mods to make them OP and you dont have to play with people who play like that. You got a choice.

So you're basically telling me to play solo, because I like my enemies not to die instantly? Cause DE refuses to fix whatever is preventing me to play with friends.

No, I don't. That's a very stupid assumption. I don't play Nova whatsoever.

I've met very few Nova players that don't abuse her ridiculous damage output.

You forgot to mention Nyx. When enemies reach a certain level of strength and your weapons become increasingly worthless against them, whats the best way to defeat your enemies then? By having the enemies turn against each other, of course!

hydroid is very gd for cc capability only frame that I've used that I've kept 3-4 skills on

is 4th looks cool and has gd cc

1st knocks targets down every few secs very gd for a first ability

3rd well I use it for infested defence but mostly if I've lost my shields

2nd well that's fail skill they took it straight off rhino and Excalibur and put water on it....

for a warframe they have done a very gd job for finally getting (one) right

It's threads like this that bothers me. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Already overplayed, overpowered warframes get all the community hype. It's been a while since I've seen threads about Vauban or Saryn. I mean, we know Vauban's okay in infested defenses but I rarely see him outside of that. And Saryn. Since when are there ever Saryn threads that survive a quick glance since nobody plays that one. Between Vauban and Saryn, there needs to be more community talk on them. Vauban doesn't see a lot of action, and Saryn's plain broken.

It's getting slightly better. At least people are mentioning those warframes, even if their threads vanish instantly.

Edited by MechaKnight